Author Topic: 'Credible terror threat' prompts closure of all LA public schools  (Read 1137 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

DEVELOPING: All of Los Angeles' public schools were closed Tuesday due to a "credible terror threat," officials said.

A member of the LA Unified School District Board of Education reported receiving a bomb threat, police said. It was unclear when the threat was made and which school board member received it, but the situation prompted the district to close all schools effective immediately, and order students and staff to stay away from all campuses.

Schools Superintendent Ramon Cortines said every school in the 640,000-pupil district would be searched. The district, the nation's second-largest, includes 1,124 public and charter schools plus other facilities, including ones for adult language instruction. It covers Los Angeles as well as all or parts of 31 smaller municipalities and employs nearly 60,000 people.

"I think it is important that I take this precaution based upon what has happened recently and what has happened in the past," Cortines said.

Police and the FBI were investigating the threat, which was described as "electronic."

"We received an electronic threat that mentioned the safety of our schools," said LAUSD Police Chief Steven Zipperman.

Cortines stressed at a morning news conference that the threat was broad, and had to be taken seriously.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/15/credible-terror-threat-prompts-closure-all-la-public-schools/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Re: 'Credible terror threat' prompts closure of all LA public schools
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 10:07:35 AM »
That's messed up. The longer the asshats on Capitol Hill focus on glowbull warming rather than the current biggest threat to the known sentient, living universe, the more screwed we are as a people in the long run. Our KIDS could be in danger, for crying out loud!! :argh:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Re: 'Credible terror threat' prompts closure of all LA public schools
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »
Heard the threat came from overseas, but then saw this tweet:

Breaking News Feed ‏@pzf  · 18s18 seconds ago 
BREAKING NEWS: NYC officials say they received same threat that closed LA schools, concluded it was a hoax. AP

Hmm...

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline thundley4

Offline DLR Pyro

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020