Author Topic: TheMestasNemesis thinks it's the dead of winter  (Read 1610 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
TheMestasNemesis thinks it's the dead of winter
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:51:11 PM »

TheMastersNemesis (3,613 posts)

Tornadoes In The Fall Were Not Even A Remote Thought In Illinois Where I Grew Up.
When I grew up in central Illinois in the 1950's we had a lot of tornado like weather in the spring. And we had summer storms that were severe electrical storms. But tornado weather was usually over by June. And there was never never any thoughts of tornado weather after September.

Something has obviously changed with the latest weather in the Midwest today. As a matter of fact I do not remember winter tornadoes anywhere in the US in the depth of winter. And I was a weather watcher and even kept my own log books because I wanted to be a meteorologist. And I watched the weather every night.

If this activity is not due to warming I do not know what is. How denial can still be so common is just amazing.

Imbecile. No other words - IMBECILE.

And he gets slapped down accordingly:

NuclearDem (5,082 posts)
10. Nope, don't believe you for a second.

Last edited Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:46 AM - Edit history (2)
Of course you've never seen winter tornadoes. These aren't winter tornadoes because it isn't winter.

Late October and November have always been a secondary tornado season here. Transitional periods in temperatures cause tornado activity. Autumn outbreaks aren't uncommon, in fact a November storm holds the record for longest continual outbreak.

Basic research helps. There's enough disinformation about these monstrosities without people making shit up for political ends.

Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:40 AM

Star Member cherokeeprogressive (16,591 posts)
12. Winter is more than a month away and the DEPTH of Winter is further away than that.

Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls... Would scarcely get your feet wet.

Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:43 AM

Star Member msongs (32,276 posts)
14. graph showing fall/autmn tornados in illinois...

http://climateillinois.wordpress.com/

Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:46 AM

Star Member uppityperson (78,247 posts)
16. I do not remember them, growing up in the northern flatlands. I found a little bit about them, seem

fall tornadoes seem really odd to me also.

http://news.wsiu.org/post/national-weather-service-reminds-region-fall-tornado-season
The tornado season for this fall is approaching very quickly. The National Weather Service says tornadoes have caused the loss of many lives and they have destroyed many homes during the fall in our region.

Christine Wielgos with the National Weather Service in Paducah says one thing they stress is for people to stay informed and updated about the weather. She says that many people do not realize how common tornados in the fall. "Most of the tornadoes do occur in April and May when you would expect them them to, but we do see an increase in tornadoes from September to November and January to March"

Wielgos says that during the fall, the transition of faster winds and cooler weather can cause strong storms to occur increasing he likelihood of tornadoes. She suggests people get a weather alert radio and be cautious.

In the southern states, tornado frequency peaks in March through May; while in the northern states, peak frequency is during the summer months. Along the gulf coast, a secondary tornado maximum occurs during the fall. In the western states, the total number of tornadoes is higher than indicated. Sparse population reduces the number reported. Map illustrating months of peak tornado activity by state (1950-1991). (NOAA/NWS)

Gay, Straight, Black, White, Marriage is a Civil Right.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:49 AM

NuclearDem (5,082 posts)
21. It's not odd at all for tornadoes in the fall.

In fact, if there weren't tornadoes in the fall, I'd be surprised.

Tornadoes form with thunderstorms and during periods of temperature transition. Spring is the heaviest, fall is the next on the list.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: TheMestasNemesis thinks it's the dead of winter
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 02:23:49 AM »
And I was a weather watcher and even kept my own log books because I wanted to be a meteorologist.

NuclearDem (5,082 posts)

Last edited Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:46 AM - Edit history (2)
Of course you've never seen winter tornadoes. These aren't winter tornadoes because it isn't winter.
   :-)

Heh....put that in your logbooks, no mind.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:55:33 AM »
NuclearDem (5,082 posts)

Ouch!

That'll leave a mark.   :hammer:   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 07:12:36 AM »
One weather event is not proof of anything unless you are trying to prove global warming, then one event is all the evidence you need.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 09:45:30 AM »
One weather event is not proof of anything unless you are trying to prove global warming, then one event is all the evidence you need.

Was it confirmed that these tornadoes were rotating anti-clockwise above the equator like Al Gore's global warming theory predicted?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Dori

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 10:13:09 AM »
I remember a small tornado here in my area in So. Calif.  It happened in the fall.  Took out the tops of trees, car windows, gates and anything that wasn't nailed down. 

We also get water spouts off the ocean. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »
The DUmmies are so gullible.  Any kind of weather seems to be enough for them to yell "global warming."   :whatever:

I still like the bumper sticker on the back of my husband's truck:

STOP GLOBAL WHINING! 

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 12:20:01 PM »

I don't think there is any question that the climate has changed over the last few decades. At issue is whether (a) it's manmade, (b) it can be undone, (c) it can be made better by regulation, and (d) improvements, such as they are, can be adequately measured over a reasonable time window.

DUmmies think that there's a continuous causal relationship between "shit man does" and "climate change," which can't be true simply because NOTHING works that way in real life. I don't mistrust liberal morons for what they THINK about the climate. I mistrust them because they have the gall to think they can DO anything about it and can be certain that whatever they spend to do it will have an impact. That is the height of arrogance and is unscientific and not economic in the least.

The day a DUmmy can provide actual proof that climate change is anthropogenic without linking to reports they haven't read and can't understand is the day I will take them seriously.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
Where's Gnads when you need it?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 12:32:38 PM »
Where's Gnads when you need it?
She's trying to invent the hail equivalent of a udometer.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Dori

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »
     I don't think there is any question that the climate has changed over the last few decades. At issue is whether (a) it's manmade, (b) it can be undone, (c) it can be made better by regulation, and (d) improvements, such as they are, can be adequately measured over a reasonable time window.

In what ways do you think the climate has changed?
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 03:25:12 PM »

It's proof of a DUmmie's firm pattern of.......one.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 03:36:10 PM »

Uh........ I think sunspots have diminished. Which unfortunately for DUmmies explain why they didn't get the warming they were hopin' for. Isn't it amazing that these left wing loons hope for destruction of the human race?

How is it we have nearly half the population of the finest country to ever inhabit the planet wish for destruction?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 03:37:19 PM »
NuclearDem (5,082 posts)

Late October and November have always been a secondary tornado season here. Transitional periods in temperatures cause tornado activity. Autumn outbreaks aren't uncommon, in fact a November storm holds the record for longest continual outbreak.

Basic research helps. There's enough disinformation about these monstrosities without people making shit up for political ends.

What do you know? He kept log books and wanted to be a meteorologist, so there!
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »

Um...average global temperatures have increased somewhat over the last several decades. Just like they fell in other periods. At issue is WHY.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »
     Um...average global temperatures have increased somewhat over the last several decades. Just like they fell in other periods. At issue is WHY.

Why try to explain something that's happened since the beginning of time? Our climate is cyclic in nature. It's constantly evolving. ...and I don't think my Z-71 is busting the Ozone open.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 04:24:08 PM »
When the global warming evangelists start living like they tell the rest of us to live then maybe I will listen to them. Don't tell me my pickup truck is killing the planet then hop on a private jet to go harass other people about what they drive.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 04:31:37 PM »
When the global warming evangelists start living like they tell the rest of us to live then maybe I will listen to them. Don't tell me my pickup truck is killing the planet then hop on a private jet to go harass other people about what they drive.

This.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »
Why try to explain something that's happened since the beginning of time? Our climate is cyclic in nature. It's constantly evolving. ...and I don't think my Z-71 is busting the Ozone open.

I have no interest in explaining it. They're the ones who think they have causality completely settled.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 05:00:33 PM »

The only way it's changed is that now we have the Weather Channel describing every weather front as a catastrophic event.

Brace yourself for Winter Storm Adolpho, any day now.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 08:20:44 PM »
I encourage all those who buy into the least little bit of the lib's great glow bull warming swindle to watch the movie of the same name. Also read Christopher Horner's book The politically incorrect guide to global warming.

Here is just a taste...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6cuv3kcTWo[/youtube]

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 08:06:16 AM »
I don't think there's a question everyone here knows that the climate is changing, ....as has happened constantly throughout the history of this planet. It's the global warming nuts that think the planet was just supposed to stop evolving once man showed up. That's a hubris that's hard to take seriously.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 08:57:24 AM »
Dead of winter = no one has offered DUmmie free heat for the colder weather.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 09:19:58 PM »
Dead of winter = no one has offered DUmmie free heat for the colder weather.
It's a basic human right.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2013, 11:07:39 PM »
Other than a hurricane, the most violent weather occurs along a cold front displacing warm air, so it makes since that this sudden cooling we've been having would create some badass storms. Not everything is the fault of the internal combustion engine.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself