Author Topic: There Are Days When This Country Absolutely Sucks... This Is One Of Those Days  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
The execution of Troy is going forward.  Many tears on DU.

WillyT  (1000+ posts)        Wed Sep-21-11 07:30 PM
Original message
There Are Days When This Country Absolutely Sucks... This Is One Of Those Days
 **** !!!

My hope now, is that this case spurs this country to get rid of this ghoulish death penalty.

As far as I'm concerned, justice is being served

handmade34  (1000+ posts)      Wed Sep-21-11 07:32 PM
Response to Original message
1. our collective soul
 Edited on Wed Sep-21-11 07:32 PM by handmade34
suffers tonight

Nice new hand wringing thread, but DU seems to be full of them tonight.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Hey DUmmies! Don't want to get a needle on a cold metal table? Don't kill someone. Simple, nay?

I'm not going to shed a tear for a cop killer. He's getting what he deserves.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline thundley4

Two POS murderers were put to death in a lawful manner after various and sundry appeals were denied. Justice was served, but in both cases it took too long.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade

I'm sure the 50 million babies aborted since Roe v Wade feel the same way.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
From Ann Coulter:

Ann Coulter: It’s nearly impossible to receive a death sentence these days — unless you do something completely crazy like shoot a cop in full view of dozens of witnesses in a Burger King parking lot, only a few hours after shooting at a passing car while exiting a party.

That’s what Troy Davis did in August 1989. Davis is the media’s current baby seal of death row.

After a two-week trial with 34 witnesses for the state and six witnesses for the defense, the jury of seven blacks and five whites took less than two hours to convict Davis of Officer Mark MacPhail’s murder, as well as various other crimes. Two days later, the jury sentenced Davis to death.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
People on Twitter are saying they are ashamed to call themselves Americans.  ::)
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
From Ann Coulter:
The media's current baby seal of death row!
Is Coulter great, or what!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
The media's current baby seal of death row!
Is Coulter great, or what!

I read that line and I admit I laughed.

Offline DLR Pyro

WillyT  (1000+ posts)        Wed Sep-21-11 07:30 PM
Original message

Why? because a convicted cop killer is being executed or because a convicted cop killer who happens to be black is being executed?

btw, a white dude who killed a black man was executed in Texas today.  Any comments on that one DUmmy?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
And he's out of here. TOD 11:08 ET.

One less killer polluting our planet.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
As far as I'm concerned, justice is being served

Justice delayed for 22 Godforsaken years is justice denied, spat upon and scoffed right out of the courtroom.  This mutt needed to suck-start a shotgun 20 minutes after the sentence was read. 
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline shadeaux

Their pious love for a murderer makes me sick.

And Nadin, you don't know d*** about how victim families feel.

Offline thundley4

New thread.

NRaleighLiberal   (1000+ posts)           Wed Sep-21-11 10:42 PM
Original message
This is what one of the right's "proudest" tweeted tonight - a classic from Coulter -

Yes, Ann Coulter tweet (I was seeing some amazing coverage on Twitter, and this was retweeted by BragBlog, I think - and challenged to her directly - as a particularly vile tweet from Coulter) -

"HOLD THE PICKLE, HOLD THE LETTUCE. FRYING KILLERS WON'T UPSET US."

I just don't get it. It is a very depressing night, made worse knowing that slime like the poster of this message exist.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1981787

:cheersmate: I still love AC.

Offline shadeaux

It's a hell of a lot more honest than what Peggy is posting.

Add her to the stupid list too.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
It's a hell of a lot more honest than what Peggy is posting.
I would suggest that tonight's devastating moonbat defeat could be an appropriate motivation for a new CalPig poem.
We haven't had one for months and months.

If she really wants to commemorate this copkiller's journey into to the burning pit of Hell, a poem would be the best way.
Her poetry serves as a perfect example of cruel and unusual punishment, blink, blink, blink, blink. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I would suggest that tonight's devastating moonbat defeat could be an appropriate motivation for a new CalPig poem.

We haven't had one for months and months.

If she really wants to commemorate this copkiller's journey into to the burning pit of Hell, a poem would be the best way.

Her poetry serves as a perfect example of cruel and unusual punishment, blink, blink, blink, blink.

You know, sir, you're right.

We haven't been gifted with a CalPig poem for ages now.

And to think, she used to churn them out by the barrelful.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Doubleplusungood

The DUmmies are always for eugenics of innocent people like unborn babies and invalid women who are worth a lot to their husbands dead. Their vigor for death sure dries up when its some piece of shit murderer that deserves it.

Offline jtyangel

Why? because a convicted cop killer is being executed or because a convicted cop killer who happens to be black is being executed?

btw, a white dude who killed a black man was executed in Texas today.  Any comments on that one DUmmy?

trust me it's the second of those two statements and do you believe any of those protesting in the pictures I saw would have been down at that other execution?  :whatever

I like how the journalists took  the time to take pictures of the lesbian couples lamenting when he was executed too. This was a like a DU meetup down there at that prison.

and I really know nothing about this case, but 22 years is a long time for an 'innocent' man not to escape death row on some kind of appeal if there was really as much doubt as the protesters say. Trust me, judges don't like the politics involved in putting someone to death...especially one who might be innocent.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!

Ding ding ding!!!  No more calls please, we have a winner!

If they're outraged over the execution of Troy Davis becase a few of the multiple witnesses "recanted" (read: they didn't really think he'd take the needle!) while the vast majority did not, then they should be as equally outraged over the execution of Lawrence Brewer.  After all, how many witnesses were there to James Byrd's murder?  Hell, even Byrd's son wanted the sentence commuted.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
An eye opener for me was when I went to see Death Wish in the theater.

What a shock to find myself standing and cheering when Charles Bronson gunned down his attackers.

What the hell was the matter with me, what was wrong with a full theater also standing and cheering.

Why was this movie so popular that 2 more were made along the same line. This must have been a generational thing for us raised on Westerns where the good all ways trumped the bad.

Offline Karin

What the hell was the matter with me
  Nothing was the matter with you  :whistling:  or any of the people in the theater.  If you don't stand up to the marauders, you get mowed down yourself.  We know this instinctively. 

I was wondering about the DUmp and Brewer.  No comment from them whatsoever? 

At any rate, good riddance to both POS's. 

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
People on Twitter are saying they are ashamed to call themselves Americans.  ::)

I'm ashamed they call themselves Americans, too.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
What the hell was the matter with me,

We find ourselves asking that question every time you hit the "Post" button.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Well, I'm ashamed to call them Americans too.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
You should see the racism towards Michelle Malkin, and look at the insanity on display by Alec Baldwin:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/09/22/alec-baldwin-goes-nuts-twitter-after-davis-execution-attacks-cheney-r