Author Topic: primitives discuss poverty  (Read 2442 times)

Offline 67 Rover

Re: primitives discuss poverty
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 02:29:56 PM »
Just a story to tie in with yours.  I had this room mate for a very short time.  One day she asked me if on my way home from work (she didn't work) would I mind picking up some cereal for her kids.  I said sure!  She hands me food stamps (back when it was paper currency).  I remember I got the cereal and was standing in line hair perfect, makeup perfect, nice suit and heels on...........I didn't think it would bother me to just pay for this stuff with food stamps that I didn't even own but I felt like people were staring at me assuming.  Now you would think I was trying to tell you don't do that to people!  but I'm not.  That shame I felt was enough for me to swear to myself that I would never go on gov't assistance unless I was really needing it.  I think a lot of people don't have any shame so that allows their conscience to stay on gov't assistance forever.  No ambition whatsoever.

Oh and I kicked that beyotch out.  She was worthless and yep, I found out a democrat.  I repeat, she was worthless.

What confirmed it for you?  The inability to read cursive?  :rofl:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »

What confirmed it for you?  The inability to read cursive?  :rofl:

probably the occassional child support check signed by various daddies.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Dori

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
I have no problem with helping people over a rough spot.  It's the ones who make it a life style, when they are capable of working, or are such flakes they are a burden to society at large.

This is what families should be for, but I guess not everyone has one.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2014, 11:05:22 AM »
Yep. The part timers also have out their calculators, buy store brands, etc. Usually don't have beer, wine and cigs in a separate pile on the checkout.  I can spot the lifetime parasites in the grocery store a mile away.

Not hard to do, they are the ones in the checkout line with the frozen chicken nuggets, potato chips, cookies, ice cream, and gallons of soda in their cart, 5+ kids, all over 300 pounds, except mom, she's 400+.   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »
Not hard to do, they are the ones in the checkout line with the frozen chicken nuggets, potato chips, cookies, ice cream, and gallons of soda in their cart, 5+ kids, all over 300 pounds, except mom, she's 400+.   :lmao:

I had an encounter in a Bass Pro shop in Massachusetts, the person in front of me in the checkout line had the same game camera in his hand that I was purchasing. 

I was just about to strike up a conversation with him about them and I saw the distinctive EBT card brought out and swiped to pay for not only the game camera but also a Daiwa fishing reel (not cheap).  Pissed is not the right word for how I felt at that moment.

You see the Red, White and Blue "We accept EBT cards" on the gas pumps around here also.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer