Author Topic: As A Vet I Don't Take My Countrymen Seriously When They Say Thank You  (Read 2078 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: As A Vet I Don't Take My Countrymen Seriously When They Say Thank You
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 04:10:27 AM »
So you waste of skin Masterbater, when are you going to repay every ****ing last dime you took from the tax payers for wastng their hard earned cash if you feel it wasn't such a great deal? Those meals were not free and you can bet your sorry ass you enjoyed every last minute of fun you got with all your pay. If you served in any military it wasn't is the US.

QFT.

I admit I get kinda embarassed that someone thanks me.  But that's only because I don't look at what I do as being something special or worthy of being singled out...I look at serving as repayment to the country for being allowed to live where I do and have the freedoms (what's left of them) that I have.

That being said I'm always extremely appreciative of anyone who stops me and says that.  And I alway smake it a point to thank a WW II vet or a Korean or Vietnam War vet because if they hadn't stepped up and answered the call...I wouldn't have been able to.

And NONE of this ever registers with the short sighted selfish DUmmies...which is why you get idiots like d*ckweed here denegrating his alleged service.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 04:47:22 AM »

And I alway smake it a point to thank a WW II vet or a Korean or Vietnam War vet because if they hadn't stepped up and answered the call...I wouldn't have been able to.

And thank you for doing so.  I remember a gathering of vets, many VN era, where we all joined in in welcoming them home.   Most of them had never been welcomed, least of all being told thanks.  It was pretty raw.

I want all fellow vets to know how much I appreciate them, no matter what or when their service was performed.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 07:27:02 AM »
I want all fellow vets to know how much I appreciate them, no matter what or when their service was performed.

Hey--I appreciate all of the vets here, because of their sacrifices made whenever.  I never had the opportunity to serve in combat, and that has haunted me since I got out--I've always wanted to know if I could have handled it.  It probably will be the one regret I take to my grave, which hopefully won't be for a long, long time.

Anyway, back on task--Thanks to all of you who served, wartime or not. :cheersmate:

Now that I think of it, before I push the "Post" button, I want to thank all of you on the site, vets or not.  It helps me to remember that there's a few more out there that think similarly to me.  At times, that can mean all of the difference in the world.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 07:53:13 AM »
Hey--I appreciate all of the vets here, because of their sacrifices made whenever.  I never had the opportunity to serve in combat, and that has haunted me since I got out--I've always wanted to know if I could have handled it.  It probably will be the one regret I take to my grave, which hopefully won't be for a long, long time.

Anyway, back on task--Thanks to all of you who served, wartime or not. :cheersmate:

Now that I think of it, before I push the "Post" button, I want to thank all of you on the site, vets or not.  It helps me to remember that there's a few more out there that think similarly to me.  At times, that can mean all of the difference in the world.

Toujours Pret!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2013, 07:58:45 AM »
Toujours Pret!

Always Ready, Always First!   :cheersmate: fellow Dragoon!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.