Author Topic: As A Vet I Don't Take My Countrymen Seriously When They Say Thank You  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
TheMastersNemesis (3,580 posts)

As A Vet I Don't Take My Countrymen Seriously When They Say Thank You.

I know it is only lip service and that I wasted my time when I served in the military. American voters rarely put their money where their mouth is. My advice to younger people is to STAY OUT OF THE MILITARY AND REFUSE TO SERVE IF THERE EVER IS A DRAFT. Only suckers serve now. Because the public will never pay to take care of you if you are disabled. I see no outrage about vets losing their food stamps or other benefits.

The fact that our present veterans are coming back to jobs in places like Walmart and Krispy Kreme donuts who do not even want a minimum wage is a travesty. Seeing all these vets losing food stamp money they need should tell the story of where the POS nation is now. And we keep voting in GOPPERS who actually are doing all the cuts.

And when I hear the VFW and American Legion I just want to puke all over these fascists. They have done nothing for the vets in years. And they deserve to die as institutions. Newer vets would be better to avoid those antiquated institutions. All they know how to do is get drunk and wave the flag.

Based on what I see happening to this country we have little left to defend thanks to the Republikkklan party. And there are some Dems who are no better. We call them moderates.

Now that veteran's day is near there will be a few freebies and people will wave the flag to make themselves feel good. Then they will go back to being a bunch of selfish, wasteful, ignorant bastards they have become.

We don't even acknowledge the vets who continue to die in Afghanistan anymore.

True veterans deserve acknowledgement, as I do often when I find out that they served our country.  Piss off, Master-bater. :loser: :bird:

Oh, and thanks for your service.  If you really did serve.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
Re: As A Vet I Don't Take My Countrymen Seriously When They Say Thank You
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »
Now that veteran's day is near there will be a few freebies and people will wave the flag to make themselves feel good. Then they will go back to being a bunch of selfish, wasteful, ignorant bastards they have become.

A lot of self projection going on at the DU. 
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:23:17 AM »
Because the public will never pay to take care of you if you are disabled. I see no outrage about vets losing their food stamps or other benefits.

True...we do a lousy job taking care of our vets.

And if you think our vets (and Native Americans) are treated badly, just wait until the whole country is forced to have government run  health care.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:26:21 AM »

I'm all for thanking TheMestasNemesis for his service, until he starts denigrating the service of others because he doesn't like their politics. Suck a bag of dicks, Bob. They served just like you did. Instead of waving it in everyone's face and whining about it a la YOU and JOHN KERRY, they love their country and want to tip a few at the VFW. 

Counting the days until you go postal, what with your daily homicidal rants.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 09:29:39 AM »
Yeah, you're a vet.  :whatever:

:bs:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 09:32:05 AM »
One of his fellow DUmmies was bragging about getting help from the VA just a few days ago.  
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 09:36:20 AM »
One of his fellow DUmmies was bragging about getting help from the VA just a few days ago.  
As I recall, he's perfectly healthy, and thinks VA will cover all of his medical. (He's trying to avoid paying for cACA.)
Sheesh, does he have a surprise coming.  :rotf:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 09:37:44 AM »

As A Vet I Don't Take My Countrymen Seriously When They Say Thank You.

That's a cute story, now tell us the one about the Gummi Bears.

After a bit under 40 years in service, half active and half in the active reserve, I was always a little surprised and pleased when people did this, and it really only started during the Gulf II.  For most of the preceding 30 years, except during the Reagan Presidency, Democrat Presidents or Democrat-controlled Congresses treated the military like a poor drunk uncle, aggravated by a Leftist press that wanted everything to be the next Viet Nam so they would have a bunch of cool stories to tell at the bar too.  It feels good to not only serve with honor, but then to also be recognized for it instead of reviled.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 09:43:08 AM »
As I recall, he's perfectly healthy, and thinks VA will cover all of his medical. (He's trying to avoid paying for cACA.)

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,91843.msg1146554.html#msg1146554
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline beholden

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this poser is no more a vet than I'm Ghandi, no vet I know of constantly brags about being a vet.
Those of us who served don't go around constantly dropping the "I'm a vet" routine.
Masterbater is full of shit.
We Build, We Fight, We Party All Night.
U.S. Navy Seabees

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 10:14:18 AM »
That's a cute story, now tell us the one about the Gummi Bears.

After a bit under 40 years in service, half active and half in the active reserve, I was always a little surprised and pleased when people did this, and it really only started during the Gulf II.  For most of the preceding 30 years, except during the Reagan Presidency, Democrat Presidents or Democrat-controlled Congresses treated the military like a poor drunk uncle, aggravated by a Leftist press that wanted everything to be the next Viet Nam so they would have a bunch of cool stories to tell at the bar too.  It feels good to not only serve with honor, but then to also be recognized for it instead of reviled.

I've started making a habit of thanking vets for their service when I see IDers that show they served in Vietnam, and I'm usually in uniform.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 10:18:32 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this poser is no more a vet than I'm Ghandi, no vet I know of constantly brags about being a vet.
Those of us who served don't go around constantly dropping the "I'm a vet" routine.
Masterbater is full of shit.

That is my experience as well.  If I get into a conversation with someone who served, I always thank them.  But the ones I tend to respect the most never brag.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 10:27:55 AM »
Wondering what he has done for vets. If he is bitching that others haven't done enough I'm sure he could provide a long list of what he has done.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
It's just common courtesy to thank a Vet for their service. But common courtesy isn't so common anymore.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline beholden

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 10:40:50 AM »
Wondering what he has done for vets. If he is bitching that others haven't done enough I'm sure he could provide a long list of what he has done.

This poser hasn't done shit except whine about it on the DUmpster.
I expect MasterBator is going to burn out spectacularly pretty soon and Skin will put the banhammer to him.
He's either a brilliant troll, or an unhinged liberal.
We Build, We Fight, We Party All Night.
U.S. Navy Seabees

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 10:42:29 AM »
Another cry me a river post. While this may be true, you are angry at the wrong people dummie. Let me give you some perspective: I have a son who has been disabled SINCE BIRTH. What chaps my hide is that the system like medicaid and the help that gives with home health care and disability should serve as a large portion people in situation who TRULY cannot care for themselves or have become so sick work is damn near impossible along with any other personal care. you know who I am angry at when his services are cut? The MOOCHING class that YOU enable and the people who suck up to them. That burden is what weighs the system down and makes it more difficult for people who need the help to get it and at an appropriate level. You should be mad at yourself for enabling that class that is burdening the system and the people you elect who do that same. You only have yourself to blame for the funding not being available to disabled vets because it's going instead to fund the dysfunctionality of baby mama land and all the fruit bats who walk the DU halls who say they can't function because of 'PTSD'. On that note, as a veteren, why does it not piss you off that people on that board you inhabit are degrading PTSD by using it to excuse not to function and contribute? How can you stand arm and arm with people who think going through a tornado or a hurricane or having to do 'grown up stuff' ranks up there with being in a hostile foreign land for months and watching all manners of people die in a war situation? Yeah you can't so you are full of crap. Until you get real with the abuses on your own side, you should keep your shit slinging at 'rethuglicans' to a minimum there buddy.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »
Yeah, you're a vet.  :whatever:

:bs:

I am thinking that too.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 10:56:27 AM »

Actually, the DUmmie is right.  The VA is ACA compliant.  So, if you qualify it is a whole lot less than the exchanges.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »

I'll take unhinged liberal for $1000, Alex.  Impotent bitching on a message board where conservatives can't respond is the epitome of an unhinged liberal.  They can complain and spew garbage to their heart's content without ever being questioned.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
Another cry me a river post. While this may be true, you are angry at the wrong people dummie. Let me give you some perspective: I have a son who has been disabled SINCE BIRTH. What chaps my hide is that the system like medicaid and the help that gives with home health care and disability should serve as a large portion people in situation who TRULY cannot care for themselves or have become so sick work is damn near impossible along with any other personal care. you know who I am angry at when his services are cut? The MOOCHING class that YOU enable and the people who suck up to them. That burden is what weighs the system down and makes it more difficult for people who need the help to get it and at an appropriate level. You should be mad at yourself for enabling that class that is burdening the system and the people you elect who do that same. You only have yourself to blame for the funding not being available to disabled vets because it's going instead to fund the dysfunctionality of baby mama land and all the fruit bats who walk the DU halls who say they can't function because of 'PTSD'. On that note, as a veteren, why does it not piss you off that people on that board you inhabit are degrading PTSD by using it to excuse not to function and contribute? How can you stand arm and arm with people who think going through a tornado or a hurricane or having to do 'grown up stuff' ranks up there with being in a hostile foreign land for months and watching all manners of people die in a war situation? Yeah you can't so you are full of crap. Until you get real with the abuses on your own side, you should keep your shit slinging at 'rethuglicans' to a minimum there buddy.

:clap: :clap:

Offline hillneck

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 11:01:40 AM »

I wasted my time when I served in the military.

Well MasterNutjob that's your own fault.  I would bet you're pretty much a loser at life.  Why don't you do the world a huge favor and suck on the bore end of a twelve gauge.    :bird:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »
Actually, the DUmmie is right.  The VA is ACA compliant.  So, if you qualify it is a whole lot less than the exchanges.
He thinks it's free. Although less than the exchanges, he'll still be hit with certain costs. (Unless he's DAV)
That's the surprise.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 11:23:41 AM »
This poser hasn't done shit except whine about it on the DUmpster.
I expect MasterBator is going to burn out spectacularly pretty soon and Skin will put the banhammer to him.

I doubt that, the DUmmies are known for their actions, they never simply just post and leave it at that. The DUmmies are all motivated go getters just look at Amber living the dream that us lazy conservatives are too afraid to peruse.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 11:31:02 AM »
He thinks it's free. Although less than the exchanges, he'll still be hit with certain costs. (Unless he's DAV)
That's the surprise.
There is that.  It isn't free.