Author Topic: primitives discuss rent-a-tires  (Read 2101 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: primitives discuss rent-a-tires
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »
Obumazombie, where have you been?

I know, right? 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 12:24:21 PM »
Obumazombie, where have you been?
The South Pacific, where I tried to be an active member, but for some reason I got caught up in a banning after being mistaken for "Dipshit Malloy".
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 02:07:52 PM »
Tires aren't that expensive.  You are a fool if you rent them and of course you are going to broke after RENTING your tires when you could pay for them and own them.  I'd never rent a tire or rims.  I heard a "Rent y0 Rimz" commercial on a radio ad in the past.  They usually play during summer months, so I'm sure when I'm not listening to talk radio, I'll hear those.  And yeah, I'm sure those fools "rent they rimz" for the same "deal".
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »
A good tire will start at $100 (not including installation/balancing).  Size matters when it comes to cost... if you have 17- or 18-inch wheels, your tires will generally cost more than a stock 14- or 15-inch tire.  The 15-inch Yokohamas I bought were about $125 each with installation and balancing and have a 60,000-mile tread life.  The tires I bought for the MG went on 14-inch wheels and cost about $100 each with a similar tread life, but it was a harder tire for better performance.

Or you could just buy a $20 used one from the tire swappers in the barrio.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 02:37:42 PM »
Tires aren't that expensive.  You are a fool if you rent them and of course you are going to broke after RENTING your tires when you could pay for them and own them.  I'd never rent a tire or rims.  I heard a "Rent y0 Rimz" commercial on a radio ad in the past.  They usually play during summer months, so I'm sure when I'm not listening to talk radio, I'll hear those.  And yeah, I'm sure those fools "rent they rimz" for the same "deal".

But if you buy "yo rimz", then when those rims are out of style, you have to buy new "rimz".

There's a couple Rent n Roll places here. They advertise that you can trade one set of rims for another when you get tired of them.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »

If you time it right, you might even buy your own back from them.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 03:07:01 PM »
My next door neighbor Shannon (before he moved) was the manager of a tire store. One day I went out there to BUY (not rent) new tires. While waiting for installation I browsed by the rims that were in the display room. I asked about a couple of sets, and one set was around $5,000 as I recall. Then I thought, well what if you drive with them awhile and fall out of love with them and want to trade them in. I asked him what they would be worth on trade-in. He said basically zero. Now that's how to get rid of money that's burning a hole in your pocket !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »
My next door neighbor Shannon (before he moved) was the manager of a tire store. One day I went out there to BUY (not rent) new tires. While waiting for installation I browsed by the rims that were in the display room. I asked about a couple of sets, and one set was around $5,000 as I recall. Then I thought, well what if you drive with them awhile and fall out of love with them and want to trade them in. I asked him what they would be worth on trade-in. He said basically zero. Now that's how to get rid of money that's burning a hole in your pocket !

I love seeing people driving around in  mid '80s Honda Civics with rims worth more than the rest of the car.  And I cant forget the wicked awesome aluminium spoiler, kickass stereo and ground effects ! AwwwYEAH ! 

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2013, 03:57:08 PM »
I love seeing people driving around in  mid '80s Honda Civics with rims worth more than the rest of the car.  And I cant forget the wicked awesome aluminium spoiler, kickass stereo and ground effects ! AwwwYEAH ! 

Don't forget the 20HP fartcan muffler.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 04:21:17 PM »
Is it me or is it awkward to see 3 custom rims and a donut spare ?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 04:42:24 PM »

Floating on a cloud of Purple light.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 05:55:30 PM »
A good tire will start at $100 (not including installation/balancing).  Size matters when it comes to cost... if you have 17- or 18-inch wheels, your tires will generally cost more than a stock 14- or 15-inch tire.  The 15-inch Yokohamas I bought were about $125 each with installation and balancing and have a 60,000-mile tread life.  The tires I bought for the MG went on 14-inch wheels and cost about $100 each with a similar tread life, but it was a harder tire for better performance.

I got 4 Goodyear Viva II tires for my Malibu from Wallyworld, mounted, balanced, and with the road hazard warranty for $80/each.  60,000 mile warranty.

Renting tires!  Gotta be "low information" Obama voters!   :lmao:

No wonder "Obamacare" appeals to these idiots!   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »

We just put new tires on my car back in February, I think?  It was $800 for tires, installing, balancing, and an alignment.  I thought that was a good deal.  Yeah, that's a lot of money to spend all at once, but the car needed it.  It was a lot of money to spend, but we had it saved up because we knew the new tires were needed.  If people would just learn about savings accounts, they wouldn't have to rent their tires.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »
Strangest thing I ever heard.
Is that really done?

Never heard of anything this stupid before.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »
We just put new tires on my car back in February, I think?  It was $800 for tires, installing, balancing, and an alignment.  I thought that was a good deal.  Yeah, that's a lot of money to spend all at once, but the car needed it.  It was a lot of money to spend, but we had it saved up because we knew the new tires were needed.  If people would just learn about savings accounts, they wouldn't have to rent their tires.
That's what I paid for the Yokohamas I put on my Camry.  I paid slightly less for the other car.

The difference was startling.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2013, 07:07:22 PM »
Even 0bamaites aren't that stupid. Are they?

They must be getting the tires on spinner rims for their pimpmobiles.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2013, 07:10:03 PM »
Even 0bamaites aren't that stupid. Are they?

They must be getting the tires on spinner rims for their pimpmobiles.
I always assumed they were the target audience.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »
The truck and my old Jeep both had 18" tires.  All-season or snow tires with alignment, etc., run nearly $1000-1200 out the door.

But if you know you're going to need them 6 months in advance (and if you've kept up with the rotations and inflation to maximize the life of them) it really shouldn't be such an issue.

So why is it such an issue for some folks?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2013, 07:14:08 PM »
The truck and my old Jeep both had 18" tires.  All-season or snow tires with alignment, etc., run nearly $1000-1200 out the door.

But if you know you're going to need them 6 months in advance (and if you've kept up with the rotations and inflation to maximize the life of them) it really shouldn't be such an issue.

So why is it such an issue for some folks?
Because Bridgestone doesn't take EBT?

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2013, 08:04:17 PM »
Because Bridgestone doesn't take EBT?

BINGO!!!!!  H-5

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2013, 09:11:40 AM »
Tires aren't that expensive. 

Just replaced mine. They were just shy of a grand.  :(
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »
I budget about $100 per tire when it's time to replace worn out tires.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »
Just replaced mine. They were just shy of a grand.  :(

But do you have to replace them every year?  It sucks spending all of that money like that, but at least you don't have to pay that every year. 

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2013, 05:31:47 AM »
But do you have to replace them every year?  It sucks spending all of that money like that, but at least you don't have to pay that every year. 

I do.  Delivering mail is VERY hard on tires and brakes.

My 60,000 mile tires might make it to 15,000, but I spent around $380 for the set, including road hazard (very nice to have with a mail vehicle.  I've already had 2 flats fixed under this warranty.  :-))

My truck got a set of tires last spring, $220 each for 4, but they still have over 60% tread left, even after 20,000 miles,  including towing a camper from Virginia to Daytona Beach back in February.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2013, 06:39:40 AM »
I do.  Delivering mail is VERY hard on tires and brakes.

Speaking troof-2-powah there -

Before we all ended up with LLVs (because they collapsed so many city carrier routes in the district they ended up with a bunch of excess trucks) I would go through three sets of tires a year. That's how I found the used tire place I still use today.