Author Topic: primitive questions 0bamacare  (Read 411 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive questions 0bamacare
« on: August 04, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021073938

Oh my.

Justice wanted (2,336 posts)

Hubby isn't going to have to give up his insurance in a couple of months. He just found out they are raising their premiums this year. Hubby already has $150 a pay coming out for insurance because he pays for it himself. Now they want $600 a month so that would be $300 each pay coming out.

He got an $.18 raise. so it is like he is making $10.45 an hour. He commutes 40 minutes to work.

He is also diabetic type 1 since he was 18 months old.

What happen to the rebate he was suppose to get? I thought insurance companies aren't suppose to raise rates?

I'm just so confused by all of this.

I thought the health care act was suppose to keep this from happening. Is there any help for my husband. (No I'm not on his insurance. I'm hoping to keep him on his insurance. He has two types of insulin he takes they cost without insurance $150 each.)

goclark (29,152 posts)

1. Keep kicked for answers

2. Thank you I don't want to sound like a bitch but it is just hard especially since right now he is the only one working and I am worried for my husband.

The above's the whole campfire, which is pretty old now.

One wonders why the usually-helpful primitives are so mum.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: primitive questions 0bamacare
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »

Hubby isn't going to have to give up his insurance in a couple of months. He just found out they are raising their premiums this year. Hubby already has $150 a pay coming out for insurance because he pays for it himself. Now they want $600 a month so that would be $300 each pay coming out.

He got an $.18 raise. so it is like he is making $10.45 an hour. He commutes 40 minutes to work.

He is also diabetic type 1 since he was 18 months old.

What happen to the rebate he was suppose to get? I thought insurance companies aren't suppose to raise rates?

I'm just so confused by all of this.

I thought the health care act was suppose to keep this from happening. Is there any help for my husband. (No I'm not on his insurance. I'm hoping to keep him on his insurance. He has two types of insulin he takes they cost without insurance $150 each.)

Hmmmm... lessee here dummie... maybe it's because of all the "free" stuff, like preventive care, birth control, etc, the fed gummint under obozo care mandates?

When are you damned dummie gonna realize... there is no damn free anything?   :mental: :mental:

Enjoy your obozo care. Losers like you are gonna be the ones that die first. The rest of us, the ones that pay taxes, we will survive. It is always that way under communist regimes. The first ones up against the wall are the non-producers.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
So much for premiums going down by 3000%.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 11:51:38 PM »
And Injustice wanted doesn't have a job because.....?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver