Author Topic: "Just a note of caution for those new to C&B" (grasswire)  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

"Just a note of caution for those new to C&B" (grasswire)
« on: December 13, 2011, 02:33:09 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1157621

Wonder who exactly grasswife is talking about here?:

grasswire (32,401 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail

Just a note of caution for those new to C&B
Please be wise about posting personal information here. A hostile website exists where slackers watch C&B and make up lies about DU-ers. Unfortunately, that site is google-able, so it is possible for them to do harm -- as they have demonstrated. Some people are just too cruel and bitter to appreciate kind liberals.7   

Reply to this thread
Back to top Alert abuse Thread info

:lol:
housewolf (6,918 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail

3. Thanks for the warning, Grasswire

It's shocking to think that such things happen to folks who are innocently going about their business talking to talking to friends, sharing recipes and kitchen hints, and helping folks by answering their questions could be targets of malicious intruders out to do trouble.

But I know it happens, and it's heart-breaking when it does.

Stinky The Clown (43,999 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail

12. Sadly, this group of a half dozen or so misfits and their sociopathic leader are obsessed . . . .

. . . . . . with much of DU and with this group in particular. This group would do very well to be careful about revealing personal data here.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: "Just a note of caution for those new to C&B" (grasswire)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 02:35:18 PM »
...make up lies about DU-ers...

Unredacted copy and paste = lies?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 02:42:02 PM »
So basically they're admitting everything they put up is bullshit?  Hey, admitting your problem is the first step, guys.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 02:45:01 PM »
Damn it! I knew Judy would get pissed when coach started picking on her.

And this time of year she doesn't look weird wearing those heavy coats.

The muttering and the little red wagon, though....

"....pies..free pie....music..pies...hootenanny..free pie..."

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »
There's a reason we have an operational policy of doing direct quotes, with links. 

Some people are just too cruel and bitter to appreciate kind liberals.7   
:lmao:  Kind liberals.   :rotf:  Meanest, nastiest, rottenest people on earth. 

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
There's a reason we have an operational policy of doing direct quotes, with links. 
Some people are just too cruel and bitter to appreciate kind liberals.7   

Like much of the cooking and baking I have been enjoying at this time of the year, this is just too rich!
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 03:05:27 PM »
Like much of the cooking and baking I have been enjoying at this time of the year, this is just too rich!

I'd like to find this "half a dozen misfits" and give them a piece of my mind and then a piece of my fist, for being so mean to the cooking and baking primitives.  I wonder who they are, where they're at.

I'm starting to get the idea now that they drove hippywife Mrs. Alfred Packer away.

That was a foul dirty deed, and it deprived decent and civilized people of much light amusement.

By the way, both the grasswire primitive and the generalissimo dude are featured in a primitive Christmas Carol, the part about Christmas present.  It's coming out later this week; watch for it!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 03:48:35 PM »
I'd like to find this "half a dozen misfits" and give them a piece of my mind and then a piece of my fist, for being so mean to the cooking and baking primitives.  I wonder who they are, where they're at.

I'm starting to get the idea now that they drove hippywife Mrs. Alfred Packer away.

That was a foul dirty deed, and it deprived decent and civilized people of much light amusement.

By the way, both the grasswire primitive and the generalissimo dude are featured in a primitive Christmas Carol, the part about Christmas present.  It's coming out later this week; watch for it!

Hard telling where this scurrilous lot has sequestered themselves. Perhaps some quisling will yet subject them to a jury of their peers. :panic:

Speaking of liberals, check out this LTE from our local fish wrapper:

Newt Gingrich ridiculous, disgusting and much more
December 12, 2011 2:00 AMDec. 7 — To the Editor:

On the preposterous subject of Newt Gingrich possibly being the president of the United States, words do not fail me.

He is anathema, ridiculous, disgusting, mendacious, barbaric, egomaniacal, adulterous, corrupt, bombastic, bizarre, disloyal, unethical, arrogant, tiresome, rambunctious, undeserving, unattractive, politically rapacious, indelicate, abusive, irrelevant, disrespectful, unfaithful, outrageous, hypocritical, irascible, presumptuous, and all in all, not a very nice person. Those who support him are the kind who watch dog and cock fights, rubberneck at accidents, carry guns into churches and love to watch any kind of violence unless it is directed at them. Their ancestors probably watched lynching and if in France, would have lined the boulevards watching the tumbrels head for the guillotine.

Does this background make Gingrich a suitable candidate for leader of the free world?

Dear God, I hope not.

Joan Pike

Poor woman swallowed a dictionary as a child and has been regurgitating it ever sense.
 :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »
Hard telling where this scurrilous lot has sequestered themselves. Perhaps some quisling will yet subject them to a jury of their peers. :panic:

Speaking of liberals, check out this LTE from our local fish wrapper:

Poor woman swallowed a dictionary as a child and has been regurgitating it ever sense.

So last week sometime, huh?
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 04:23:36 PM »
So, I dragged out the boat and rowed over to Skins's island to see this campfire, so I could learn who these "half a dozen misfits" are.  Unfortunately, it was a waste of row-power, because I'm still clueless as ever, as to the misfits described by the generalissimo dude.

I wish the generalissimo dude would come over here and tell us who they are, so we can deal with them.

Even though the cboy4 primitive, the only primitive who ever had a sense of humor, is long gone, it's somewhat encouraging to see that two of the cooking and baking primitives, denninmi and Lucinda, are developing a sense of humor about things.  They got a ways to go, but they're headed the right direction.

The generalissimo dude though is still pissed that his having to use the bathroom in the basement because his wife doesn't like him stinking up the good ones on the first and second floors of the house is now public knowledge, but it's his own fault; the facts came out of his own mouth.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »

And they wonder why they're referred to as "P-Town North."

Jesus, she's a polysyllabic version of vesta.  My head hurt by the second line.  What a pompous, arrogant, condescending twit.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
So, I dragged out the boat and rowed over to Skins's island to see this campfire, so I could learn who these "half a dozen misfits" are.  Unfortunately, it was a waste of row-power, because I'm still clueless as ever, as to the misfits described by the generalissimo dude.
I'm not sure, but I think they may be the same pricks who harrassed Pam Dawson a couple of years ago - shady characters who were never clearly identified.

On the other hand, I think poor, addled grasswire Judy is personally pissed off at franksolich, due to some perceived slight.

As she trundles slowly along the sidewalks of Milwaukie, bundled up against the sun and towing her little red wagon heaped high with rubbish, she mutters his name along with her musings about a pie shop.

Despite her handicaps, I think there's a better-than-average chance we can count her vote in the repuke column come next November.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »
And they wonder why they're referred to as "P-Town North."

Jesus, she's a polysyllabic version of vesta.  My head hurt by the second line.  What a pompous, arrogant, condescending twit.

:jacked:Little off topic inside baseball here.  Seen the controversy on the new bridge?  Fountain Head revisited.  Most P_town libs are as culturally phony as facades on the faux repo buildings lining its imitation street lighted streets. They want add 2-400K of useless cables to make it more aesthetically pleasing.   :lmao:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 10:01:49 PM »
You know, DUmmies, if you cannot name it, it doesn't exist.

You should listen to Dr. Skinner and quit engaging in your delusions.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »
I'm sure Pol Pot and Kim Il Sung's families thought they were swell guys too.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 11:46:30 PM »
I enjoy the cooking and baking forum, it's fun to get away from politics and discuss food and cooking utensils. I assure them I have no desire to know your identities, your politics totally suck though.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 07:50:09 AM »
My head hurt by the second line.  What a pompous, arrogant, condescending twit.

What's this?   :hammer:  You're not appreciating a kind liberal!!!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »
What's this?   :hammer:  You're not appreciating a kind liberal!!!

Oxymoron........you haz it.     :-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »
I enjoy the cooking and baking forum, it's fun to get away from politics and discuss food and cooking utensils. I assure them I have no desire to know your identities, your politics totally suck though.

As a courtesy to the cooking and baking primitives, I amended the "DUmpster Forum Rules and Links" that's stickied to the top of the first page.  I hope all find it useful.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 09:05:54 AM »

:jacked:Little off topic inside baseball here.  Seen the controversy on the new bridge?  Fountain Head revisited.  Most P_town libs are as culturally phony as facades on the faux repo buildings lining its imitation street lighted streets. They want add 2-400K of useless cables to make it more aesthetically pleasing.   :lmao:

Say, sir, my family built that bridge you speak of, naturally not all by themselves.   Coincidence, today the same family is rebuilding the bridge, not alone, but the history and the old photos of family on site of the building of the  original bridge is fascinating.  We cannot wait to see the new photos and place them with the old  side by side on a mantel.

Because of the area there will be plenty of others that had family build the original bridge, sort of a rite of passage to be involved with a project ones g-g grand parents worked on.     Just the engining and how the bridge back then was built, difference in materials used down to how materials were brought to the site has two members of my family involved with the project shaking their heads in how the changes in bridge building has changed over all these years.

Sparky says,-----    Jesus, she's a polysyllabic version of vesta.  My head hurt by the second line.  What a pompous, arrogant, condescending twit.

When one gets to be my age one learns that finally a time of life when one can speak their mind, and have no agenda but to tell it as one sees it.    Screw PC, ---want to hear some politically incorrect conversation, you need to meet my mother.

She is not condescending or a pompous, arrogant, twit.   She is just a woman almost 90 years old that has lived and seen the things history forgets or wants to forget.

This is a strange area in the country, we have family of 10-12 generations that lived here and built John Paul's, Ranger and had family sail aboard it.   Later we built the subs that were needed in WW2, workers toiled 18 hours a day to get a boat out in just a few months.  [ both grand dads had cigar boxes full of the paper with a tassel names of the boats they slaved over.]

Most of the old family names still exist here, and family history is handed down to the children with any interest in it.

The Liberal is for past history of the old family's, within the last 30 years it surprises me to meet a Liberal in any of the family branches.

If it is arrogant to spot a past mistake and see it repeated in to days world, to be condescending to others life styles, then compair it to today 3-4 generations later, so be it.

One thing I have learned in life is that the Liberal or Conservative ideas of the past can cause much problems around the Holliday Table when there are family members over 70 or 80 speaking their mind.

Sparky, this is not your usual PC correct part of the country, we still call a spade as a spade and not the queen of hearts.     

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »
A shout-out to Bally (see top of our page 2):

grasswire (32,408 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail

16. one of them confessed to LIKING our C&B content
Someone who actually enjoys getting away from their negativity by reading about our food interests here. Ha!

The rest of the bunch are sour as ever. Anything good or kind or decent puts them in foul temper. I can see why Karl Rove is like that -- his father abandoned the family on Christmas Day when he was a child. So I guess these "misfits" must have been beaten or abused or gone hungry as children, and I'm truly sorry about that. It's always the way, isn't it? Find a person filled with malevolence, and then learn what triggered it -- that's what great tragic novels are filled with.

No, we are the good, kind, decent and civilized people.  You people are nasty, miserable and hate-filled.  You fill Salvation Army kettles with counterfeit notes.  You cheer and slobber when certain people get cancer. 

Since you lurk here, Grasswire, why won't you answer repeated questions about your government bureaucrat-bribing pie shop?  Too much government redtape was there? 

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 09:55:56 AM »
A shout-out to Bally (see top of our page 2):

No, we are the good, kind, decent and civilized people.  You people are nasty, miserable and hate-filled.  You fill Salvation Army kettles with counterfeit notes.  You cheer and slobber when certain people get cancer. 

Since you lurk here, Grasswire, why won't you answer repeated questions about your government bureaucrat-bribing pie shop?  Too much government redtape was there? 

Seems to me that on average we have much better relationships with our families, and better holidays with them, than the DUmmies.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 10:19:27 AM »
Damn it! I knew Judy would get pissed when coach started picking on her.

And this time of year she doesn't look weird wearing those heavy coats.

The muttering and the little red wagon, though....

"....pies..free pie....music..pies...hootenanny..free pie..."

By the way, the grasswire and her pie-and-jam shoppe, and the little orphaned barefooted match girl are in "a primitive Christmas Carol;" watch for it. 

I consider that part my best work with maudlinity.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »
By the way, "The Little Match Girl," by Hans Christian Andersen, is somewhat dated, out of the Victorian era, but it's still a good story.

- - - - -

It was terribly cold and nearly dark on the last evening of the old year, and the snow was falling fast. In the cold and the darkness, a poor little girl, with bare head and naked feet, roamed through the streets. It is true she had on a pair of slippers when she left home, but they were not of much use. They were very large, so large, indeed, that they had belonged to her mother, and the poor little creature had lost them in running across the street to avoid two carriages that were rolling along at a terrible rate. One of the slippers she could not find, and a boy seized upon the other and ran away with it, saying that he could use it as a cradle, when he had children of his own.

So the little girl went on with her little naked feet, which were quite red and blue with the cold. In an old apron she carried a number of matches, and had a bundle of them in her hands. No one had bought anything of her the whole day, nor had anyone given her even a penny. Shivering with cold and hunger, she crept along; poor little child, she looked the picture of misery. The snowflakes fell on her long, fair hair, which hung in curls on her shoulders, but she regarded them not.

Lights were shining from every window, and there was a savoury smell of roast goose, for it was New-year's eve—yes, she remembered that. In a corner, between two houses, one of which projected beyond the other, she sank down and huddled herself together. She had drawn her little feet under her, but she could not keep off the cold; and she dared not go home, for she had sold no matches, and could not take home even a penny of money.

Her father would certainly beat her; besides, it was almost as cold at home as here, for they had only the roof to cover them, through which the wind howled, although the largest holes had been stopped up with straw and rags. Her little hands were almost frozen with the cold. Ah! perhaps a burning match might be some good, if she could draw it from the bundle and strike it against the wall, just to warm her fingers.

She drew one out—“scratch!” how it sputtered as it burnt! It gave a warm, bright light, like a little candle, as she held her hand over it. It was really a wonderful light. It seemed to the little girl that she was sitting by a large iron stove, with polished brass feet and a brass ornament. How the fire burned! and seemed so beautifully warm that the child stretched out her feet as if to warm them, when, lo! the flame of the match went out, the stove vanished, and she had only the remains of the half-burnt match in her hand.

She rubbed another match on the wall. It burst into a flame, and where its light fell upon the wall it became as transparent as a veil, and she could see into the room. The table was covered with a snowy white table-cloth, on which stood a splendid dinner service, and a steaming roast goose, stuffed with apples and dried plums. And what was still more wonderful, the goose jumped down from the dish and waddled across the floor, with a knife and fork in its breast, to the little girl. Then the match went out, and there remained nothing but the thick, damp, cold wall before her.

She lighted another match, and then she found herself sitting under a beautiful Christmas-tree. It was larger and more beautifully decorated than the one which she had seen through the glass door at the rich merchant's. Thousands of tapers were burning upon the green branches, and coloured pictures, like those she had seen in the show-windows, looked down upon it all. The little one stretched out her hand towards them, and the match went out.

The Christmas lights rose higher and higher, till they looked to her like the stars in the sky. Then she saw a star fall, leaving behind it a bright streak of fire. “Someone is dying,” thought the little girl, for her old grandmother, the only one who had ever loved her, and who was now dead, had told her that when a star falls, a soul was going up to God.

She again rubbed a match on the wall, and the light shone round her; in the brightness stood her old grandmother, clear and shining, yet mild and loving in her appearance. “Grandmother,” cried the little one, “O take me with you; I know you will go away when the match burns out; you will vanish like the warm stove, the roast goose, and the large, glorious Christmas-tree.”

And she made haste to light the whole bundle of matches, for she wished to keep her grandmother there. And the matches glowed with a light that was brighter than the noon-day, and her grandmother had never appeared so large or so beautiful. She took the little girl in her arms, and they both flew upwards in brightness and joy far above the earth, where there was neither cold nor hunger nor pain, for they were with God.

In the dawn of morning there lay the poor little one, with pale cheeks and smiling mouth, leaning against the wall; she had been frozen to death on the last evening of the year; and the New-year's sun rose and shone upon a little corpse! The child still sat, in the stiffness of death, holding the matches in her hand, one bundle of which was burnt. “She tried to warm herself,” said some. No one imagined what beautiful things she had seen, nor into what glory she had entered with her grandmother, on New-year's day.

- - - - -

I hope the grasswire primitive enjoys her portrayal in "a primitive Christmas Carol," with the little match girl.
apres moi, le deluge