Author Topic: THE BIG PROBLEM: Conservatives lack a Sociological Imagination  (Read 2319 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: THE BIG PROBLEM: Conservatives lack a Sociological Imagination
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »
My BA is in sociology, and while it's not a hard science, it is definitely interesting. If nothing else, having to read and understand Marx makes it much easier to debate moonbats. :)

Maybe I read this wrong, but did the OP say she taught Soc 101? Because I have never herd of the 'sociological imagination' of which she speaks. I mean, there's a lot of jargon in sociology, but this is a new one on me.

Also, we had one really moonbat sociology prof during my undergrad...and she was fired quickly once the administration found out just how moonbatty she was. I honestly wonder if she is on DU, she is their type. For the most part, my profs were definitely more liberal than I am, but none of them ever brought politics into the classroom.

I thought it was interesting too! The DUmp is a fascinating study in heard mentality. Of course the palpable desperation and anger are kinda fun!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 05:36:53 AM »
I thought it was interesting too! The DUmp is a fascinating study in heard mentality. Of course the palpable desperation and anger are kinda fun!

Cindie

My wife said, when she was going for her master's (before The Heiress was born), that she probably could write a doctoral thesis on the inhabitants of Skins' Island, and thei mental illnesses.  Every day since then, she has been proved right.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »
"Sociological Imagination" is where bouncies come from.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »
Who are these peoples parents?  :banghead: For that matter who are the grandparents? :hammer:

They are the products of the hippies that were tripped out on acid or some other mind altering drug
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Varokhâr

• Tea Party hearty, dude!
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 12:34:10 PM »
Wow, what a nutcase.

What in the blue hell do you need a "sociological imagination" for? All you need are facts - facts about human nature, economics, politics, etc. You don't need make-believe scenarios in which no one is truly responsible for their actions, no one has any liberty without the government's say-so, and everyone pretends life is a padded nursery where everyone gets what they want.

Just, wow.

Deist. Libertarian. Patriot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »
"Sociological Imagination" is where bouncies come from.

I think you've hit on a core truth there, bud.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Jason

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 01:58:34 PM »
Personally I think they wouldn't last a week in those countries before the government would throw them into a work camp for speaking truth to power!!!

:cheersmate:

Exactly, they fail to realize that.