Author Topic: Bobbo purging  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Bobbo purging
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 12:56:05 PM »
My Great, Great. Grandma, never worked a day in her life other than to take care of a Railroader that got killed on the job, and raise kids! It was damn dangerous to be a switchman back in the 20's! She never remarried as he was the love of her life!

Hey Bobo! ya wanna know who took care of her? We did! The whole FamDamnLY! We bought her a little house across from her oldest daughter, made sure it was furnished with all of her belongings, and checked in daily, much to her dismay, as she didn't want to be a burden! I used to do all her yard work when I was just 8 years old. It's precisely "victims" like you that have destroyed the family!

You and your brethren have burnt so many bridges, playin' the victim, your families would just as soon ya kicked the bucket because you have done nothing more than alienate your loved ones!

How many times have you and yours just complained to those who were trying to help because you didn't think it was enough? I'd have thrown ya out on your ear, too!

ITA with this. My Grandmother became a widow in 1940, she was pregnant with her 7th child and had 6 kids under the age of 9, everyone in the family took care of her, and my single Aunt lived with her as an adult. Now fast forward a generation, I have my Mom and 2 Aunts left, 1 of my Aunts moved in with her Daughter when she became a widow, and hubby and I moved my Mom and her Sister in with us when it became too expensive for them to keep up with their rent and bills. My MIL just became a widow this past winter and hubby and I have said we'd have to put our house on the market and get a bigger house if it ever came to the point where my MIL wasn't able to take care of herself. I have no idea where this mentality came about of pawning people off on the system.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Karin

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 02:53:57 PM »
I find it endlessly hilarious when noobies encounter Bobbolink, such as Thomas QED.  They reply to her with seeming compassion and caring, thinking they're going to get DUmp cred.  Reading it is like watching a horror movie when the teenagers head down into the basement.  DON'T DO IT!!! 

The noobie comes away utterly befuddled, his head spinning, having been shown that some people simply can't be helped.  This is the only thing that makes me consider her a mole.  Her behavior may make the noobie start to think. 

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »
BoBo coughs up a "Thank You Du" thread. 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9046102

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-30-10 07:26 PM
Original message
A big DU Thank You to the DU members who really came through!
 Edited on Mon Aug-30-10 07:36 PM by bobbolink
Several DU members who posted in my thread on SSI and SSDI terminations really showed their support and I wanted to take this opportunity express the sense of gratitude their responses engendered.

In yesterday's thread about the increasing terminations of people on disability, there was significant progress made.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...
Following is a brief run-down of the suggestions and research.

I want to thank scarletwoman first and foremost for adding this issue to her campaign against the demolition of Social Security. Those of us on the bottom rungs of this issue are usually forgotten, and the suffering is immense. Thank you, scarletwoman, for your activism to put us in the focus of your effort!

Thank you to DJ13 for "Exhibit A"

Said it perfectly.
Coburn quoted a book, “The Tragedy of American Compassion,” which he said “talks about how we used to care for everyone who needs our help.” Now everyone relies on the government, he said.
“SSDI has been so monkeyed and maneuvered, fully half the people on it are not truly disabled,” Coburn said, referring to the Social Security Disability Insurance program. I want to help people who are fully disabled, but we have created dependency. And I agree on the drug testing.”
http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x329608417/Coburn-Hold...

{snip}

Small blaze at the moment but it may grow.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2010, 08:51:16 PM »
BoBo coughs up a "Thank You Du" thread. 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9046102

Small blaze at the moment but it may grow.

My eyes glazed over after the first para, but didn't it sound like she was campaigning?  Must have decided the carrot approach would work better than the tongue lashing she was giving everyone.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)