Author Topic: Bobbo purging  (Read 2933 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Bobbo purging
« on: August 28, 2010, 06:06:09 PM »
bobbolink  (1000+ posts)

While you are fighting mad about SS, could you remember the other SS fight--affecting many DUers?

Several times I have mentioned that there seems to be a Social Security disability purge in process. It doesn't garner attention... I guess those of us affected aren't on the radar screen.

I have come across too many disability recipients being cut off to think this is just business as usual... this looks like it mirrors the massive cut offs of Raygun, during which thousands of people killed themselves because they had no other way to survive. Are we going to wait to see if there is a repeat of this massive die-off?

I have heard from other DUers who have received cut off notices. (No, I won't give their names without their permission.... just know there are several.)

I have asked for help with this, as the reason we are being targeted now is that we DON'T HAVE VOICES, and WE DON'T HAVE LARGE SUPPORT! They know they can off us, because we won't be missed. Very few people respond. It just doesn't register.

One person who wanted to help wanted me to turn over my papers, which I won't do. I won't give personal information to someone I haven't even met, nor would I ask anyone else to do so. I said that it would make sense to contact any group working with disabled people, to see if they have some hard information, but that met with silence.

Even without that information, massive protest would serve notice that our demise would be noticed, and not tolerated.

So, I ask again... as you fight the Cat Food elite, could you please remember those of us who are being threatened Right Now?

Could you register anger that we are being put through this?

Could you let it be known that our disappearance won't be accepted as business as usual?

Can we couldn on you for this?

We would appreciate it.

Thank you.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9034376#9034534

They "killed themselves because they had no other way to survive"? Is it just me, or does that sound stupid on a galactic scale?

Anyway, I doubt there's any systematic "purge" going on, just a routine disqualifying of deadbeats.

pinto   (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-28-10 03:46 PM
Response to Original message
12. First thing anyone who receives a letter of intent to discontinue benefits ought to do is appeal.
 http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10041.html

This puts a temporary hold on any final action, requests a review of the decision process and initiates the first step in an appeal process. Also gives the beneficiary time to elicit other support / resources. It's got to be done within the time frame stated, or the opportunity is lost.

Second thing is to access local advocacy resources. Most non-profits working with the disabled communities have a "benefits counselor" on staff. They ought to know the ropes and the process of maneuvering through the Social Security system.

Third, garner *every piece* of documentation that relates to your disabling condition and supports your claim for ongoing benefits.

Work with any local advocates and submit copies of the documentation to Social Security - they have to consider the written record in any decision.

Hope this helps ~ pinto

You'd think that would be welcome advice, Right?

You'd be wrong.

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-28-10 03:50 PM
Response to Reply #12
14. I'm sure you know that everyone on disability already knows this. 
 I'm guessing you also know that this is exactly what all those who were cut during Raygun did.... and they died anyway.

It is waaaay past time to Stop making this an individual problem.

This is a SOCIETAL problem, and it is time for "progressives" to give a bit of energy for those who are ignored the rest of the time.

pinto   (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-28-10 04:10 PM
Response to Reply #14
22. Not so sure. I've seen people so frustrated with "the system" that they walk away.
 Everyone loses then. Most of all the disabled who need support from the system.

My point here is to encourage folks, at this point in time, to access what's there - on a day to day basis - while encouraging a broader change in policies.

The two goals aren't mutually exclusive, imho. One benefits the other.

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-28-10 04:25 PM
Response to Reply #22
24. I am not going to continue to listen to the blaming the victim meme. 
 This purge requires the action of "progressives".

If you cannot join the fight, and feel you must continue to blame those who are going down, please take it elsewhere.

THERE. ARE. LIVES. AT. STAKE.

Thank you.

ThomasQED (138 posts)      Sat Aug-28-10 05:56 PM
Response to Reply #24
39. I feel like I missed something between the two posts immediately above...
 how was that "blaming the victim"? I see it more as encouraging the victim. And what people DON'T know - including myself - would fill a few Internets.

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-28-10 06:00 PM
Response to Reply #39
41. Taking a societal problem and making it an individual problem is what keeps the whole ugly mess   
 going.

EVERYONE is appealing like crazy, but we have no power.

Are you going to be willing to fight for us, or are you just going to see it as our problem?

With that, I am done with this whole side show.

Either help us, or go on to something else.

ThomasQED (138 posts)      Sat Aug-28-10 06:06 PM
Response to Reply #41
45. EVERYONE isn't doing anything
 I'm sure many people do appeal, maybe most. But I know from personal experience that not everyone does. I agree with pinto, the two goals are not mutually exclusive. Of course it's important to focus on the entire problem, but in the meantime there are people who need help NOW.

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-28-10 06:09 PM
Response to Reply #45
49. I will ask again.. please take this somewhere else. you are not willing to add to action on this,   
 and are being disruptive.

There are LIVES riding on this, but that matters not to you.

I asked you to be more sensitive but you refuse, so welcome to my ignore list.

bye... go away, please.

ThomasQED (138 posts)      Sat Aug-28-10 06:15 PM
Response to Reply #49
51. Take this somewhere else... ???
 I thought a discussion forum was a good place to ask questions and you know, discuss things. You have NO IDEA what matters to me.

superduperfarleft (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-28-10 06:36 PM
Response to Reply #39
59. I see you've met bobbolink. n/t

Seriously, I don't see how the DUmmies restrain themselves from just cursing this asshole out. Her obnoxiousness alienates the very people she begs for help from.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: Bobbo purging
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »
bobbolink  (1000+ posts)

While you are fighting mad about SS, could you remember the other SS fight--affecting many DUers?

Several times I have mentioned that there seems to be a Social Security disability purge in process. It doesn't garner attention... I guess those of us affected aren't on the radar screen.

I have come across too many disability recipients being cut off to think this is just business as usual... this looks like it mirrors the massive cut offs of Raygun, during which thousands of people killed themselves because they had no other way to survive. Are we going to wait to see if there is a repeat of this massive die-off?

I fail to see the problem....

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 06:59:20 PM »
I fail to see the problem....

Me neither.   :mental:

I guess this means that Bobo won't get the much needed upgrades for her cardboard box this winter.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »
"Thousands of people killed themselves?" "The massive cut offs of Raygun?"  Yeah, whatever lies you want to believe, Bobo.

:mental:

Eventually the primitives need to wise up and just not respond to her nonsense.  Several have done that to some degree with UGP.  But expecting the primitives to wise up is like leading to hippy to water and trying to make the bathe.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 07:16:40 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9034376#9034534

Seriously, I don't see how the DUmmies restrain themselves from just cursing this asshole out. Her obnoxiousness alienates the very people she begs for help from.

Isn't that what got wee willie a pizza?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »
Isn't that what got wee willie a pizza?

Yeah, I think he threatened to kill her.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:39:45 PM »
Yeah, I think he threatened to kill her.

Well It's not the worst idea that has been proposed.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 07:41:09 PM »
Bobbo the hobbo is really getting under my skin.  Why does she talk down to others and act like she's better?  Give me a break.  I'd love to put that bitch back into her place. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 07:43:17 PM »
Bobbo the hobbo is really getting under my skin.  Why does she talk down to others and act like she's better?  Give me a break.  I'd love to put that bitch back into her place. 

HA HA!! Love it. :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »
I would have sent her ass back to the kitchen, but I remembered she didn't have a house.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 07:44:52 PM »
I would have sent her ass back to the kitchen, but I remembered she didn't have a house.

lol
 :cheersmate:

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
I'm not quite sure what she wants everyone to do.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 08:25:37 PM »
Bobbo's plight as rendered by CalPiggy:

I fight with
only my iPhone

and car
a purge of
helpless and angry

I scream
I whine
still my unicorn dies

what good is
a
free unicorn
when no one knows

how to do cpr to save it

I am ignored
I could die

on purpose
would
anyone
care

No one gives the right kind of help
how to explain

I cannot show my papers
it's too invasive

I WANT EVERYTHING
BUT

you don't care
bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch

sirens come
they pass me by
again
shit!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 08:41:44 PM »
So, I ask again... as you fight the Cat Food elite...

Can someone, for the love of all that is Holy, tell me just who the F*CK the "Cat Food elite" are????

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »
Can someone, for the love of all that is Holy, tell me just who the F*CK the "Cat Food elite" are????

Those who only eat cat food?

I have no idea.  That's all I came up with when I read that.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »

I haven't a freaking clue.  Maybe someone who can afford to have a cat and feed it?

I see you've met BobboLink.

So totally almost worth a sig line.  If I was to quote a DUmmie.  
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 09:25:34 PM »
The deficit commission put together by Obummer was dubbed "The Cat Food Commission" by MSNBC's stable of giant-pygmy intellects because they get to decide who gets stuck eating cat food to survive in George Bush's America.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 09:48:18 PM »
Bravo Cindie!

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 09:50:32 PM »
The deficit commission put together by Obummer was dubbed "The Cat Food Commission" by MSNBC's stable of giant-pygmy intellects because they get to decide who gets stuck eating cat food to survive in George Bush's America.

AHEM, I went all damn day Friday without eating anything.  Moi cannot live on coffee and wine alone so when I emptied those cans of cat food for my 8 tigers, the cat cuisine smelled DELISH.  I could have easily dived into a can of teh Fancy Feast, but alas, the salmon awaited. :-)
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 09:56:13 PM »
I like you, but that's kinda gross. :p

There are cereal-based dog foods that taste exactly like the fancy $5-a-box stuff breakfast cereal.  Don't ask me what brand because I don't remember, and I only tried it once.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 10:11:48 PM »
Me neither.   :mental:

I guess this means that Bobo won't get the much needed upgrades for her cardboard box this winter.

Dayum, youall are just NOT GETTING BOOBOO'S POINT.  She doesn't want a cardboard box, nor her dated rattletrap on wheels, but her own, solely for her own use, 4-bedroom, 2-bath spacious house, all utilities paid, groceries delivered, swimming pool and personal cabana boy.  Anything less than this is simply unacceptable.
 :hammer:on you for the cardboard box meme.  BOOBOO accepts nothing less than the above. :tongue: :rotf:

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 10:14:48 PM »
I like you, but that's kinda gross. :p

There are cereal-based dog foods that taste exactly like the fancy $5-a-box stuff breakfast cereal.  Don't ask me what brand because I don't remember, and I only tried it once.

If this was addressed to little ol' moi, I have oft contemplated heating up several cans of the cat chow for DH.  After all, he HAS been known to comment on how the doggies' and kitties' chow smells better than whatever I had planned for dinner.
Such commentary has me sending his azz out the door for a nice greazy Big Mac dinner for me and whatever he wants for himself. :evillaugh:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 10:17:04 PM »
:rofl:  I don't know what kind of cat food you're buying.  Must not be the same brand I'm familiar with.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 10:20:51 PM »
Fur-Ball warriors...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 10:23:45 PM »
:rofl:  I don't know what kind of cat food you're buying.  Must not be the same brand I'm familiar with.

Fancy Feast, dude.  Kittehs love it bettah than catnip. :naughty: