Author Topic: I will be supporting and working for a progressive primary challenger to Obama  (Read 383 times)

Offline formerlurker

Zhade (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-15-10 09:15 PM
Original message
I will be supporting and working for a progressive primary challenger to Obama in 2012.
 Advertisements [?]
Edited on Thu Jul-15-10 09:16 PM by Zhade
It's going to be an interesting election season here, given that such a challenge will be an uphill battle. There will be a lot of antagonism between those who support the president and those who support replacing him -- epic clashes which will echo throughout DU's history.

I cannot support Obama again. Any progressive liberal like myself who shares my sentiment already knows why. Given our undeniable right to support primary challengers here on DU per the rules, I will be involved in any such effort. I may lose friends here over it. No matter. I cannot in good conscience enable what I see being done to this country, which I'd hoped would change after his election. Even if the effort fails, it may wake Obama up to our disquiet with his administration.

If I were DU's administrators, I'd plan on having a couple more mods on hand once the 2012 election season kicks off. This site has never had to face a presidential primary battle with a Democratic president in office, and it's going to be brutal no matter where you stand. Hopefully we can all keep our heads and be fair to everyone, both about sticking to the rules and arguing the issues.

But no mistake, it's going to be a wild ride.

(Given the recent decision to allow DUers to advocate for Crist over whatever Dem wins the primary in FL, I don't see any chance the mods will not allow Obama to be challenged in the primary. That would by hypocritical, and I honestly don't see that happening. So let's get ready to rumble!)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=8756723&mesg_id=8756723

Anything we can do doll to help the messiah lose his base?  you just let us know.  We are there for you. 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Yes DUmmies...you need to push Grayson to his anointed place,or maybe Franken...he surely will sweep to a landside victory.

:rotf:

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
Yes DUmmies...you need to push Grayson to his anointed place,or maybe Franken...he surely will sweep to a landside victory.

:rotf:

OH No

I am
scared of
Franken

please
please

don't run

Franken

::)  :innocent:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
This from the people who claim that Obama is "center-right".
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
At the time of this post, that molesq thread contains no less then ELEVEN of these:
Name removed  (0 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jul-15-10 06:21 PM
Response to Original message
1. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.
Rush has been busy this morning...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄