Author Topic: Rove Seizing Control of GOP  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Rove Seizing Control of GOP
« on: May 25, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8414031

WinkyDink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Tue May-25-10 02:35 PM
Original message
"Rove Seizing Control of GOP" (Rolling Stone, May, 2010)

By building a war chest of unregulated campaign cash – an unprecedented $135 million to be raised by these three groups alone – Rove would be able to wage the midterm elections on his own terms: electing candidates loyal to the GOP's wealthiest donors and corporate patrons. With the media's attention diverted by the noisy revolt being waged by the Tea Party, the man known as "Bush's brain" was staging a stealthier but no less significant coup of the Republican Party.

"What they've cooked up is brilliant," says a prominent Democrat. "Evil, but brilliant."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news /;kw=<3351,149864>
Refresh | +8 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
All Hail Teh Rove!  :evillaugh:

1. Chickenhawk Coup d'etat

Edited on Tue May-25-10 02:41 PM by SpiralHawk
Ooops - my bad - nothing new here. The republicons are already 'led' by a pack of chickenhawk Family Values Pharisees who used their faux 'conservative' strategeries to bankrupt themselves as they bankrupted America, so Karl chickenhawk Rove TAKING COMMAND will be just more of the same old shit.

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
Karl Rove controls all that you can see and hear. Karl Rove controls the vertical. Karl Rove controls the horizontal.

global1  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-25-10 02:43 PM
Response to Original message
3. This Is What Happens When You Leave Justice Off The Table......

this guy should be in jail or worse yet shot by a firing squad for treason. Instead - he keeps on being his destructive old self.
What law did Karl Rove break? *crickets*

Raster  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Tue May-25-10 03:11 PM
Response to Reply #6
13. Atwater was KKKarl's mentor. Oh, and don't forget Roger Ailes.

This is the next of vipers that originated in the Nixon years. Their reach is far and they are corrupt, egotistical, psychopathic bastards.

David Zephyr  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-25-10 02:59 PM
Response to Original message
8. Jeb Bush.

BFEE!  :ohnoes:

Raster  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Tue May-25-10 03:06 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. Oh yes. The sanitization is already in progress. And if you have or had negative information about

the Jebster, your days are, quite frankly, numbered. George Dumbya Bush* was a meat puppet and a built-in alibi. Jeb is far, far worse. Unlike Dumbya, Jeb was a card-carrying member of the PNAC and a primary signator of their manifesto. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Raster  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Tue May-25-10 03:10 PM
Response to Reply #9
12. Please. This is the year of "let's have a black man as a figurehead."

In a Steele v. Rove deathmatch, my money goes on KKKarl. Rove is the poster boy for fighting dirty. There are no depths to which he will not stoop. There are no lies he will not tell. There is no one he will not use.
If Karl Rove lies, then Obama's administration is transparent.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Rove Seizing Control of GOP
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 03:02:44 PM »
Was Rove ever indicted? :-)
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 03:05:23 PM »
ROVE, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!!!!   :bow:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 03:13:29 PM »
By building a war chest of unregulated campaign cash – an unprecedented $135 million

How is that "unprecedented" when Obama raised and spent almost six times that amount?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 03:14:42 PM »
Was Rove ever indicted? :-)

He was supposed to have been back in 2005....

It was supposed to happen within 24 business hours....

Still waiting....

(*crickets*)   :whistling:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
Not this PNAC stuff agaain. lol.

I don't think it ever had more than a tiny office with a part time secretary

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 03:43:55 PM »
This thread is full of batshit insanity! 

I love Karl Rove.  I love Dick Cheney, too.  Suck it, DUmmies. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 03:57:54 PM »
Those of us "in the loop" have been receiving messages about this since November of 2008.  :evillaugh: :tongue: :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »
Those of us "in the loop" have been receiving messages about this since November of 2008.  :evillaugh: :tongue: :fuelfire:

Has "The Magnificent One" completed the final testing on the "Mind Control Machine" yet?

November is less than 6 months away.... 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »

Oh jeez, I forgot about Cheney, 2 names that send the left nuts. I always liked Cheney too, he has a cute sarcastic smirk on his face all the time.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »
Raster  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Tue May-25-10 03:06 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. Oh yes. The sanitization is already in progress. And if you have or had negative information about

the Jebster, your days are, quite frankly, numbered. George Dumbya Bush* was a meat puppet and a built-in alibi. Jeb is far, far worse. Unlike Dumbya, Jeb was a card-carrying member of the PNAC and a primary signator of their manifesto. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Anyone with a photo of Jeb's Ice Trucks still in their disk cache will be liquidated.  :evillaugh:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »

So do I.....I think I love Dick Cheney more than Rove though.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »
Has "The Magnificent One" completed the final testing on the "Mind Control Machine" yet?

November is less than 6 months away....  

BanzaiBonnie's claims of channeling the words of 'Mother Earth' was the result of a test run of the device.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 04:13:54 PM »
Speaking of Cheney, look what we have for a VP now.  Biden is such a friggen joke.  What an embarrassment.  

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 04:15:28 PM »
Cheney/Palin 2012

:-)

DUmmies =

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 04:17:45 PM »
Speaking of Cheney, look what we have for a VP now.  Biden is such a friggen joke.  What an embarrassment.  

"It's a three letter word, jobs, JOBS."

"Brussels is the capital of the free world."

"We must keep spending to avoid bankruptcy."

It's amazing he is even employed at all.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »
Cheney/Palin 2012

:-)

DUmmies =

I want Paul Ryan....Cheney/Ryan 2012.  Palin can be the Secretary of State.... :rotf:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »
Or wait, better yet, Palin as the head of the EPA.   :-)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »
"It's a three letter word, jobs, JOBS."

"Brussels is the capital of the free world."

"We must keep spending to avoid bankruptcy."

It's amazing he is even employed at all.

I'm surprised conservatives haven't made a big deal about that comment. Rush is coming back tomorrow so hopefully he'll talk about it.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »
This ought to piss the DUmmies off.

Massa Accuses Cheney, Petraeus of Treasonous Plot
Former Rep. Eric Massa (D-NY) tells Esquire that four retired generals had informed him that General David Petraeus "had met twice in secret with former vice president Dick Cheney. In those meetings, the generals said, Cheney had attempted to recruit Petraeus to run for president as a Republican in 2012."

"The generals had told him, and Massa had agreed, that if someone didn't act immediately to reveal this plot, American constitutional democracy itself was at risk."

Said Massa: "General David Petraeus, a commander with soldiers deployed in two theaters of war, has had multiple meetings with Dick Cheney, the former vice-president of the United States, to discuss Petraeus's candidacy for the Republican nomination for the presidency. And in fact, that's more than a constitutional crisis. That's treason."

Read more: http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/05/24/massa_accuses_cheney_petraeus_of_treasonous_plot.html#ixzz0oyljyCcm

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »
Must-not-edit-BEGs-response...........
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 04:33:31 PM »

Do it.....  :p

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 04:37:21 PM »

Ditto  :rotf:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 04:44:03 PM »
So do I.....I think I love Dick more than Rove though.

Ask and ye shall recieve.    :evillaugh:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.