Author Topic: primitives discuss chow they dislike  (Read 4327 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: primitives discuss chow they dislike
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2010, 09:55:58 AM »
The microwave works well, but sometimes the bacon sticks to the paper towels.  Ruined bacon - it's a travesty!  Have you ever tried the "instant" (precooked) bacon? 

I don't think I have.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2010, 10:02:33 AM »
Lima beans, eggplant, and green pepper. While I don't hate it, I don't make spaghetti very much. My mother drowned practically everything in red sauce, yuch! And I can't stand to have my food touching each other. Everything in separate little containers. Going to restaurants is a challenge, lol.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2010, 10:22:58 AM »
Rubbery bacon is bad. Never did like cabbage in any form, although I love the smell of sauerkraut cooking. Which brings to mind coffee. Never could drink it, but love the smell. I didn't like green beans as a kid, but absolutely love them now; fresh preferable, frozen great but even canned will do.

I didn't think about coffee as being a food.

I have never liked it or anything mocha flavored...yuk.

I have trouble just smelling it. When I was pregnant the doctor's office was by the town coffee factory.... instant :puke:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2010, 10:30:16 AM »
I don't think I have.

Me neither, but if you are an impatient bacon cooker it may be worth a shot.  You only have to nuke it for something like 30 secs.   :hyper:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2010, 07:28:32 PM »
I love fresh uncooked green beans  :-)  I don't remember ever putting up a fuss over eating vegetables. 

Green beans steamed or sauteed in a little olive oil are quite good.
Caught somewhere in time