Author Topic: primitives comment on latest news about New York congressional race  (Read 637 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Thanks to thundley4, who found this.

My fellow alum Skins's overseers had moved the bonfire from a prominent forum to an obscure forum, so as to keep the primitives in darkness.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=203x514501

The kaput primitive:

kpete  (1000+ posts)        Thu Nov-12-09 11:13 AM
Original message

Recanvassing shows NY-23 race tightens even as Rep. Bill Owens is sworn into House seat 

Washington -- Conservative Doug Hoffman conceded the race in the 23rd Congressional District last week after receiving two pieces of grim news for his campaign: He was down 5,335 votes with 93 percent of the vote counted on election night, and he had barely won his stronghold in Oswego County.

As it turns out, neither was true.

But Hoffman’s concession -- based on snafus in Oswego County and elsewhere that left his vote undercounted -- set off a chain of events that echoed all the way to Washington, D.C., and helped secure passage of a historic health care reform bill.

Democratic Rep. Bill Owens was quickly sworn into office on Friday, a day before the rare weekend vote in the House of Representatives. His support sealed his party’s narrow victory on the health care legislation.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/11/its_not_...

Only one primitive found this bonfire.

Psephos  (1000+ posts)      Thu Nov-12-09 11:18 AM
Response to Original message

1. whoa - read the whole article - sloppy procedures mean a reversal is (remotely) possible

??!

However it comes out, good or bad for the primitives, it's going to be something a great lot of fun to watch.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Re: primitives comment on latest news about New York congressional race
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:22:45 AM »
Here's one that is falling fast on the 'latest page".  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6999503
meegbear   (1000+ posts)             Thu Nov-12-09 12:02 PM
Original message
NY-23: Hoffman Campaign Looks at Overturning the Election

No replies yet.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »

THIS IS YOUR MIND ON DRUGS, which is the usual state of a democrat voter:

WeDidIt  (1000+ posts)        Thu Nov-12-09 12:27 PM
3. Doesn't matter what he does
   Hoffman has been seated. It's a done deal. No way does it get overturned by next November, so it's all a moot point.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
Here's one that is falling fast on the 'latest page".  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6999503
No replies yet.

There are a handful now:

WeDidIt  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Thu Nov-12-09 12:27 PM
3. Doesn't matter what he does

Hoffman has been seated. It's a done deal. No way does it get overturned by next November, so it's all a moot point.

MY PREDICTION PROVEN TRUE!!!  Despite their pontifications, these assholes really don't care about counting every vote.

Here's a Freudian typo:

Vinnie From Indy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Thu Nov-12-09 12:28 PM
4. Of course he does!

These guys love to subvert democracy. Just as SENATOR Al Franken.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 12:05:49 PM »
"Seated. Done deal."

This is from the same crowd that STILL call that fat shyster from TN "Mr. President".
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »
"Seated. Done deal."

This is from the same crowd that STILL call that fat shyster from TN "Mr. President".

Yep.  Expect nothing more than rank hypocrisy from these jackasses.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 12:15:09 PM »
"Seated. Done deal."

Not sure.  If the NYS BOE doesn't certify Owens as the legitimate winner, things would get interesting.  If they call for a new election, things will get interesting.  In any event or outcome, things get interesting.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 12:16:48 PM »
Not sure.  If the NYS BOE doesn't certify Owens as the legitimate winner, things would get interesting.  If they call for a new election, things will get interesting.  In any event or outcome, things get interesting.

At the least let them try to defend not counting military absentee ballots.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 01:50:45 PM »

The article I read (Michelle Malkin referenced it) said that Owen will have to step aside if Hoffman is the real winner. The citizens of NY-23 have spoken and as the election hasn't been certified there's nothing congress can do. Odds are pretty remote, though. There's a little over 10,000 absentee votes and Hoffman is behind by about 3000. He'd have to get over half the uncounted votes (remember it's a 3 way race as some would've voted before DeDe the whiner stepped down) to win. But he's evidently considering running in the next election. Considering Owen campaigned against health care and then promptly voted for it (supposedly he's violated 5 campaign promises in his first day but I don't know what the other 4 are) he very likely could be kicked to the curb.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 01:52:57 PM »
At the least let them try to defend not counting military absentee ballots.

Especially since quite a few of those ballots are from the 10th Mountain Division. I really wouldn't want to piss them off.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams