Author Topic: The destruction of this nation was no accident  (Read 860 times)

Offline thundley4

The destruction of this nation was no accident
« on: October 12, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »
Ardent15 (639 posts)             Mon Oct-12-09 12:00 AM
Original message
The destruction of this nation was no accident
   The deregulation of American industry, the rollback of the Great Society and the New Deal, the war on unions initiated by that conservative Saint, Ronald Reagan, the "War on Drugs" which has decimated lower-income communities, the transfer of wealth and industry from America to overseas, the buying wholesale of the politicians by the lobbyists, and the polarization and "poisoning the well" strategies of conservatives that have destroyed any semblance of decent political debate all have two threads in common: This was no accident, and the same people are to blame for all of them.

Yes, I am singling out the wealthy, the powerful, and the greedy of this nation. They have destroyed this nation, from the top down. Supply side economics embodies their philosophy: Gorge at the top, then let whatever crumbs fall trickle down to the bottom.

As all these crimes and injustices were taking place, many Americans were cheering or indifferent. Why? Because they were misinformed, lied to, and instructed to be good "patriots" and loyal corporate consumers. Many naively thought that they too could be wealthy and powerful.

So that's where we are: a bought nation of corporate slaves. RIP America
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6755540

There has been no "rollback of the great society or the new deal. Federal welfare plans have constantly expanded. They are bankrupting this country.

Yes, just think how better off we'd be with free heroin, coke and pot for everyone.

Transferring of jobs happened because of unions and environmental regulations making it too costly to keep making widgets in the US.

Decent political debate was pretty much ended by Bush Derangement Syndrome. Look in the mirror for the cause of that.

Without the wealthy and  entrepreneurs who become wealthy, there would be no jobs.

The destruction isn't complete, but 0Bama has 3 more years to finish the job.

Most of the replies are just pats on the  back for the OP.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: The destruction of this nation was no accident
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 12:54:38 PM »
This is what the far left have wanted for a long time.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »
Well, by all means, DUmmies--take another hit off the bong and wait for "da gub'mint" to hand you an M-16 to fight the good fight.  Meanwhile, I'll be here in Galt's Gulch, waiting.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 02:12:37 PM »
Well, by all means, DUmmies--take another hit off the bong and wait for "da gub'mint" to hand you an M-16 to fight the good fight.  Meanwhile, I'll be here in Galt's Gulch, waiting.

When did you arive in town, Sparky?  If I'd known you were coming, I'd have gussied up or something...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 02:26:49 PM »
When did you arive in town, Sparky?  If I'd known you were coming, I'd have gussied up or something...

Galt's Gulch isn't just in Colorado, my man.  We're everywhere.  All I'm waiting for is the radio broadcast, and the looters and users are in my rear-view mirror.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 02:38:07 PM »
Galt's Gulch isn't just in Colorado, my man.  We're everywhere.  All I'm waiting for is the radio broadcast, and the looters and users are in my rear-view mirror.
I'm with you. Once the government gets their nationalized health care through, they're going to cut payments to hospitals, who, in turn, will cut Mrs. Tantal's salary. Then, once they raise taxes to pay for all the reckless spending, it will no longer be cost-effective to have Mrs. Tantal work. So, she will stay at home with the kids and we will spend less. I know that the loss of Mrs. Tantal isn't going to bring the health care system to its knees, but most of her co-workers are women who would prefer to stay at home with their kids as well. Once it doesn't pay them to work anymore, they will stay home. So, the government will pay for care, but there'll be no nurses left to provide it. The U.S. economy is already in a death spiral.....and the government's policies are only going to make things worse.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 02:46:23 PM »
If the time ever comes, the useful idiots will be armed with .410 single shot shotguns, and their oponents with .50 M-110
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3qQB4b4Pgo

IN THE DESERT!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 04:21:58 PM »
This is what the far left have wanted for a long time.

Give them time and they'll be calling him the best Republican prez since Clinton.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »
If the time ever comes, the useful idiots will be armed with .410 single shot shotguns, and their oponents with .50 M-110
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3qQB4b4Pgo

IN THE DESERT!

The "useful idiots" will be armed with boquets of flowers and pitchforks.  (Torches, too.)  I'll have the Stevens single-shot .410 as a backup to the M1100 Magnum.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 04:49:30 PM »
Of course it was no accident. It was started when the Dims took total control and trashed the economy to get the magic negro elected. Now that they've got him they can't get the brakes set and off the cliff we go.