Author Topic: HA! the lounge is out of control!  (Read 6581 times)

Offline sofa king

HA! the lounge is out of control!
« on: June 19, 2009, 03:41:47 AM »
HA!

Skinner  ADMIN  (1000+ posts)  JFri Jun-19-09 02:59 AM
Original message
We suspended some people whose frequent personal bickering has disrupted the Lounge for too long.

Edited on Fri Jun-19-09 05:58 AM by EarlG
There are a few people here in the DU Lounge who have separated themselves into two opposing camps, and have spent the last few months fighting with each other. The DU Administrators have made it abundantly clear that we are tired of their petty personal squabbling, and we want it to stop. And yet some of these people have chosen to continue.

After consulting with the moderators, we have decided that the time has come to deal with this ongoing problem once-and-for-all. We decided that the simplest and fairest solution is to suspend the most active participants for seven days, and put in place a forced mutual ignore between the two camps which will remain indefinitely. This means that the people in each group will not be able to read or respond to any posts by people in the other group.

Here are the people on one side of the forced ignore:

BeachBaby
bicentennial_baby
DS1
HarukaTheTrophyWife
LostinVA
Midlodemocrat
QueenOfCalifornia
RetroLounge
Shell Beau
sniffa
TZ

And here are the people on the other side:

datasuspect
LeftyFingerPop
NJmaverick
pierre.suave
Tuesday Afternoon
S n o w b a l l

We expect all of the individuals involved to respect both the letter and the spirit of this forced ignore. And we hope that we will find their behavior improved when and if they come back. We do understand that some of them have been worse offenders than others, both here in the DU Lounge and elsewhere. If anyone decides to continue their disruptive behavior upon their return, we reserve the right to take any additional enforcement actions that we deem necessary and appropriate for that individual person.

There are some less-active participants from the ongoing drama who have not been included in this suspension and forced ignore. We will include them later if we feel it is appropriate to do so.

Thank you for your understanding.

Skinner, EarlG, and Elad
DU Administrators

oops...  the link...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8861514

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:44:42 AM by sofa king »

Offline JakeStyle

Re: HA! the lounge is out of control!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 03:58:06 AM »
Wow, have fun trying to reign in that group of faggots Her Skimmer

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 04:58:49 AM »

LeftyMom  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jun-19-09 03:30 AM
Response to Reply #116
117. One side posted nasty, horrible personal attacks on me while they knew I had them on ignore.

There are a few people who got suspended I don't care for, so I don't interact with them. They took it upon themselves to speculate publicly about the odor of my vagina, of all the completely unacceptable nonsense, knowing I wouldn't even see it to do anything about it because I had them on ignore. I only found out because somebody was kind enough to send me a screencap. Appallingly the parties involved (snowball and leftyfingerpop) were not TS'd, suspended, or otherwise infracted for that appalling and unprovoked personal attack on me.

Nobody in the other camp has done anything like that to anybody. Nor would they.

So no, both sides really haven't exhibited the same behavior. It's not even close.

:lmao:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 05:14:10 AM »
I see the self-titled gay police got slammed for their own special blend of police brutality. Good.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 05:22:09 AM »
Madrone  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-18-09 11:15 PM
Response to Original message

14. If you REALLY wanted to make things interesting....

You'd make it so that members of each group couldn't talk to EACH OTHER. That would be pretty fun. :popcorn:

I've often wondered, Skinner, if you've ever rued the day you were struck with the idea to create this website. I know you expected a forum for intelligent conversation, camaraderie, and activism. What you GOT was that - often overshadowed by Romper Room. Oh and Mean Girls (the movie). That too.

Madrone wins the thread :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:26:18 AM by franksolich »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 05:23:31 AM »
Just goes to show that if you frequent a sewer you will likely get crap on you.

Insane bitter loons do not make for good friends.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 05:31:37 AM »
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!  I guess I should have spent a little more time in the lounge.   :popcorn:

Obamalamadingdong has been in office now for almost five months - I thought life was going to be all rainbows and unicorns for the Dummies. 

I will have to take note that Leftymom does not like anyone making fun of her vajayjay. 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 06:47:10 AM »
what were they fighting over and do I really not want to know??

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »
They took it upon themselves to speculate publicly about the odor of my vagina

I guess this means they should have waited for an invitation?

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »
Wow, if they can smell her vagina all the way across the internets that must be one really smelly snatch.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 01:03:07 PM »
Skinner  ADMIN  (1000+ posts)  JFri Jun-19-09 02:59 AM
Original message
There are a few people here in the DU Lounge On DU who have separated themselves into two opposing camps, a group of loonies and have spent the last few months fighting with each other the world. The DU Administrators Everyone else has made it abundantly clear that we are tired of their petty personal squabbling, and we want it to stop. And yet some of these people have chosen to continue.

:lmao: :evillaugh: Skinner the blind squirrel find a nut. Or a whole bunch  :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »
Wow, if they can smell her vagina all the way across the internets that must be one really smelly snatch.

Cindie

:rotf:

It's time for frank to rename her the "smelly snatch primative."

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »

Cindie
:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »

Cindie

:lmao: :rotf: :lmao:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

Cindie

Now Cindie! Ya know it's not fair to make fun of the carp smell coming from between the legs of the DUmpMonkeys! It's not like they will ever come over and defend themselves.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

Cindie

O. M. G.    :rotf:  :lmao:   :-)   :rotf:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »
Nice try, but it won't work.  The one group I don't really know.  But these primitives ...

Quote from:
bicentennial_baby
DS1
HarukaTheTrophyWife
LostinVA
Midlodemocrat
QueenOfCalifornia
RetroLounge
Shell Beau
sniffa
TZ

... are some of the most immature and stupid individuals on the planet.  I could see them being nasty just to try and do something to make them feel like their lives have some worth, which they don't.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »
Yeah, USA4ME, especially the bi-boobs primitive, the craven hussy who stole the husband of the former Mrs. Sniffa primitive.

It's very sad, going over to Skins's island and seeing the former Mrs. Sniffa primitive, now the descending phoenix primitive.  She posts stuff, and no primitive pays any attention to her.  She's probably got the record now, for the most original bonfires lit on Skins's island that garnered no comments, no attention or interest at all from the other primitives.

She obviously needs her husband by her side, to help her get well.

But the sniffing primitive's at the side of someone else.

I'm starting to suspect the bi-boobs primitive is a sociopath, with absolutely no concern for anybody else.  A real honest-to-goodness genuine authentic sociopath.

What the craven husband-stealing hussy doesn't see is that what goes around, comes around.

I've never seen it not happen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 06:32:56 PM »

Cindie

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao:

Damn, you're good!  So, I do this: :bow: :bow: :bow: in your general direction . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 06:58:11 PM »
 :rotf: :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 07:07:29 PM »

Cindie
Ah shit! I just started eating a tuna fish sandwich too! :censored: :hammer:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »
Wow another round of granite sandwich's over at the DUmp.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline sofa king

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 12:36:42 AM »
one last update, in case anyone cares (and there was some granite)

Skinner  ADMIN  Fri Jun-26-09 01:58 AM
Original message
A few words about the recent situation in the Lounge.   

As most of you probably know, last week we handed out suspensions to a few people...

[bla, bla, bla to the good part...]

Having said that, I am sorry to report that there are a few people who aren't coming back. One person (QueenOfCalifornia) immediately logged on with a sockpuppet account in order to get around her suspension. Another (pierre.suave) came off of his suspension and pretty much dared us to pull the plug. In addition we decided to shut off three other people (DS1, sniffa, and HarukaTheTrophyWife) who had each been previously banned from DU, and were reinstated after promising they would not cause any more problems. Since their reinstatements, each of them have caused enough problems to have earned multiple suspensions (two for DS1; two for HarukaTheTrophyWife; and four for sniffa). The DU Admins believe in second chances, and sometimes even third chances -- but eventually we have to draw the line somewhere.

[then more bla, bla, bla]

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8878705
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:51:53 AM by sofa king »

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 12:40:27 AM »
one last update, in case anyone cares (and there was some granite)

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?action=post;topic=30020.15;num_replies=21
Why does your linky go to reply?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline sofa king

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 12:53:24 AM »
because i am stoopid.  :banghead:

thanks, i fixed the post and here is the same link to the du post...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8878705