Author Topic: Well I quit my job today  (Read 4664 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Well I quit my job today
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »
Target, I think.

In the near future I predict posts that say how hard it is to find a job.  Then possibly the "I can't afford rent!" or even the "my house is being foreclosed on." 

or please paypal me a few dollars someone, I am getting very hungry

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 10:54:29 PM »
I work in one of the surviving industries...healthcare...and NO ONE got raises this year.  We're just glad we have jobs.   ::)

I work in a law office, and my boss said that I deserve a promotion and raise, but they just weren't giving them out this year.  We've had two layoffs in the past 6 months, so I am very thankful to have a job. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 11:49:14 PM »
So everything was okay till Obama got elected?  :uhsure:

I guess.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »
"I wish I go back my country. It better there"
I LOL'D my ass off at this! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:! What a moley thing to say! :lmao: :lmao:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 11:47:49 AM »
I'll bet that CEO feels bad now.  Sad bastard.
If the DUmmie stands in the corner holding his breath long enough, maybe Uncle Zer0 will make the eeeeevil CEO quit his job. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »
"I wish I go back my country. It better there"

One day later: 

"Can you believe stupid jackass quit job in Obama economy? I wish he see how shit my country. I bullshit about my country when I want raise. We get raise in worst economy since Big War, and dumb son of bitch quit? He moron, he leave with cart filled Cheeto. I have restock."
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »

Quote from: Banned FromDU
So...let me get this straight.

You quit because you could only give 2% merit increases? We lost something like 750,000 jobs in March. You don't think your people would appreciate having a job, period?

What a *******ed ******* moron. Nowonder you worked at WalMart.

But look at the drastic improvement from the 500,000,000 jobs Nancy Pelosi said we lost in January.  See what a good job the Obamessiah's doing already.  :whatever:

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »
Nowonder you worked at WalMart.

Yikes, I said that. Someone bitchslap me before I lose self-respect.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 12:13:09 PM »
Okay, people, how about this?

The Twix candy bar primitive said she quit her job at Target.

As we all know, DUmmies lie.  All the time, DUmmies lie.

I suspect what really happened was that the Twix candy bar primitive wanted to quit.  And not necessarily over the issue of pay raises, but the issue of pay raises provided a facade of "principle"--remember that primitives otentimes cloak base motives with ostensible noble reasons.

Give it time; I'll bet in two weeks or two months, the Twix candy bar primitive will be posting as if she never left Target.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »

I suspect what really happened was that the Twix candy bar primitive wanted to quit.  And not necessarily over the issue of pay raises, but the issue of pay raises provided a facade of "principle"--remember that primitives otentimes cloak base motives with ostensible noble reasons.

Give it time; I'll bet in two weeks or two months, the Twix candy bar primitive will be posting as if she never left Target.
...but for now, she'll receive kudos for "sticking it to the Man". 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »

One day later: 

"Can you believe stupid jackass quit job in Obama economy? I wish he see how shit my country. I bullshit about my country when I want raise. We get raise in worst economy since Big War, and dumb son of bitch quit? He moron, he leave with cart filled Cheeto. I have restock."

now she be supervisor

Offline Karin

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 02:41:53 PM »
  I'm picturing a large sticky note on the side of TwixVoy's monitor that reads, "DO NOT MENTION JOB ON DU AGAIN."

I was a little slow on the uptake but I finally got it.   :lmao:

Definitely a lie about that middle easterner's quote.  My ex came from the middle east, his first job here was at $4/hour.  Even so, he knew he was one of the luckiest men on earth. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 03:49:10 PM »

I've been thinking maybe this DUmmie is actually upset about the peasants raises but not because they are low.  Maybe the peasants got a higher percentage raise than Twixvoy and it got pissed .... it's just blowing off steam over being passed over.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 04:36:11 PM »

One day later: 

H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 05:31:40 PM »
I was referring to normal economic times, not what is going on at the moment.
Yeah, I know.  I wasn't  ::)  at you, but at the OP.   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 06:19:55 PM »
Heck, who WOULDN'T rather drink piss for days, and dodge bombs, than work at that sweatshop Target? I mean, really! The inhumanity! And those corporate bastards, they whack off at the idea of screwing the little man, everyone knows that! I say, fired, or just let go due to economic reasons, needs a reason to bitch.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2009, 07:15:17 PM »
How does OMC not get the granite cookie?

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-02-09 07:34 AM
Response to Original message
115. What A Stupid, Stupid Reason To Quit A Job.

In this environment most people aren't getting ANY merit raises. 2% is most definitely not something to quit over. I find your actions to not be honorable, but instead quite childis

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-02-09 12:36 PM
Response to Reply #152
157. There Was Not A Thing Stupid About My Post.

In fact, it is something that would likely be agreed upon by 99% of all normal non-DU people in life you would ask.

Quitting a job because this year there is a 2% cap on raises, when for most people they would WELCOME even a 2% raise, is just plain stupid.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-02-09 01:43 PM
Response to Original message
162. Oh, And In Addition;

I don't buy your story nor your little Middle East anecdote for a second.

H5 to OMC.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »
How does OMC not get the granite cookie?

H5 to OMC.

Suppose that OMC could be Skinner's puppet, and that he uses it to let off steam at the daily stupidity he is forced to endure?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2009, 08:23:33 PM »
Suppose that OMC could be Skinner's puppet, and that he uses it to let off steam at the daily stupidity he is forced to endure?

There has been speculations along those lines for a few years now.

It's probably not likely, but one shouldn't disregard that possibility entirely.

After all, my fellow alum Skins is a cerebral and feeling person, not a primitive, and I'm sure he gets tired of his charges many times.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2009, 08:40:32 PM »

It's probably not likely, but one shouldn't disregard that possibility entirely.

After all, my fellow alum Skins is a cerebral and feeling person, not a primitive, and I'm sure he gets tired of his charges many times.

A question....

Skins rides herd over a group of the most idiotic,demented and purely evil folks that roam this world all the while benefitting financially from it.

How does he reconcile all that in his mind if he is the good,altruistic lib that they all proclaim themselves to be?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 08:44:02 PM »
A question....

Skins rides herd over a group of the most idiotic,demented and purely evil folks that roam this world all the while benefitting financially from it.

How does he reconcile all that in his mind if he is the good,altruistic lib that they all proclaim themselves to be?

Money.

And remember the slave-owning mentality of the Democrats; it hasn't gone away yet.

I'm like my fellow alum in this respect; if I were Skins, I'd take a great deal of amusement and pleasure and fulfillment out of owning one of the largest collections of some of the weirdest people in the world, like a stamp-album jampacked with postage stamps.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 08:46:01 PM »

If OMC isn't Skinner, then he is at least under some sort of protection from the top admins on that board. I've seen many posts from OMC that should have caused an immediate granite slab.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »
Money.

And remember the slave-owning mentality of the Democrats; it hasn't gone away yet.

I'm like my fellow alum in this respect; if I were Skins, I'd take a great deal of amusement and pleasure and fulfillment out of owning one of the largest collections of some of the weirdest people in the world, like a stamp-album jampacked with postage stamps.

Skins then has risen in life to a position of some prominence as an overseer but has done so within the system that his website despises.

All the DUmmies yearn for the same but of course consider it an entitlement.
Skinner basically is a contradiction in terms to what is espoused by his domain....in other words the perfect definition of a conniving lib while the DUmmies are.....well just what their name suggests.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:51:29 PM by Carl »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2009, 08:52:56 PM »
Skins then has risen in life to a position of some prominence as an overseer but has done so within the system that his website despises.

All the DUmmies yearn for the same but of course consider it an entitlement.
Skinner basically is a contradiction in terms to what is espoused by his domain....in other words the perfect definition of a conniving lib while the DUmmies are.....well just what their name suggests.

You nailed it, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lanie

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2009, 10:58:55 PM »
Target, I think.

In the near future I predict posts that say how hard it is to find a job.  Then possibly the "I can't afford rent!" or even the "my house is being foreclosed on." 

I can understand not wanting to work for Target though. I never worked for them, but I did fill out an application years ago. It asked personal questions about what I thought of those in Congress and what my family was like. Personal stuff. Stuff that I think doesn't have a lot to do with whether one is right for the job.

With that said, don't quit your job before getting another one, especially in a recession.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.