Author Topic: My wife's words: "WTF IS IT WITH THIS FUNDIE FAMILY!?!?" also why dresses?  (Read 5303 times)

Offline Sweet Dee

My wife watches Jon & Kate + 8 with zeal that borders on the religious.  She's got their book, too. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I watch that occasionally, it's so entertaining mostly because that Kate is a hardcore ball busting nag!!  lol  Sheesh :)  If they weren't on tv that guy wouldn't put up with her crap that's for sure!  ;) 

Offline Miss Mia

I watch that occasionally, it's so entertaining mostly because that Kate is a hardcore ball busting nag!!  lol  Sheesh :)  If they weren't on tv that guy wouldn't put up with her crap that's for sure!  ;) 

I may have to check it out now.  :wink:
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Sweet Dee

I may have to check it out now.  :wink:

She makes frequent appearances on The Soup, to say the least.  That's how I found out about that show. lol   :-)

Offline Miss Mia

She makes frequent appearances on The Soup, to say the least.  That's how I found out about that show. lol   :-)

I missed The Soup last week! 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
Given the choice of living next door to the Dugger Family

and a Hippie Family

I don't know guys, It's a tough call.

:whatever:

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
I must admit, I'm pretty disappointed with cable TV nowadays. The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, Sci-fi channel and ALL the stupid wrestling that's on several channels just makes me want to drop cable TV completely. TLC went overboard long ago, having shows on retarded people, genetically defective people and other freaks of nature. Discovery is barely appealing to me any more. Sci-Fi, which has the most appeal to me is starting lose me as a viewer. They keep putting on shows/ movies that are more fiction that science fiction, not to mention ECW wrestling. (WTF does THAT have to do with Sci-Fi?????) Don't even get me started on the music video channels!!! MTV, VH1 & CMT.

I can't afford the extended package, so I don't get some of the better channels.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I stay with FNC, ESPN, ESPN2, MLB Network, SNY, YES, MSG, and sometimes the Food Channel. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I haven't watched TLC in a long time because it became all that reality stuff.  I think they used to have Connections 2 which was a great show and one time they had this great show on famous books and their authors.

Ice Road Fishing and those kinds of shows just don't appeal to me that much, the only intervention show I like is Dog Whisperer and I don't even watch that.  So what are they doing on TLC these days that has the DUmmies so upset and why not just watch History or Science or some other channels that still has some good stuff from time to time?

Occasionally I'll watch American Chopper if they have an expecially nice bike they're fixing up.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
I must admit, I'm pretty disappointed with cable TV nowadays. The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, Sci-fi channel and ALL the stupid wrestling that's on several channels just makes me want to drop cable TV completely. TLC went overboard long ago, having shows on retarded people, genetically defective people and other freaks of nature. Discovery is barely appealing to me any more. Sci-Fi, which has the most appeal to me is starting lose me as a viewer. They keep putting on shows/ movies that are more fiction that science fiction, not to mention ECW wrestling. (WTF does THAT have to do with Sci-Fi?????) Don't even get me started on the music video channels!!! MTV, VH1 & CMT.

I can't afford the extended package, so I don't get some of the better channels.

someday we will subscribe to the channels we want online. MSNBC will simply die.

Offline PoliCon

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Political Conservative
I guess the DUmmies would be a lot happier of the girls dressed like sluts and the boys like ghetto thugs.   :whatever:
Dude - that's called being AUTHENTIC. lol 
Stand up for what is right, even if you must stand alone.

Offline PoliCon

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Political Conservative
Given the choice of living next door to the Dugger Family

and a Hippie Family

I don't know guys, It's a tough call.

:whatever:
good point.  I mean the Duggers would be helpful polite and friendly - but hippy chicks put out . . . so . . . .  tough decision . . . .

Offline PoliCon

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Political Conservative
I'll choose NOT GETTING THE CRABS for 1000, Alex.
true - the family pictured does look uber dirty . . . .

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
The history channel is nothing but leftist propaganda.  It is the NYT/History channel and is full of aliens amongs us and if only stalin had beat the allies crap.

You are SO right! Today they had a show where they were speculating whether or not Lincoln had a homo relationship with a soldier because he stayed at his house often when the pressure got to much for him. Give me a frikkin break!!!!

I have a best friend, my BIL, that is my outlet when shit gets to the point I'm ready to beat the hell out of somebody. Without his friendship, I'd probly have spent more time in the county lock-up than I already have.

Because a man has a close friend, he must be suckin somethin' besides doorknobs, right?

What a bunch of stinkin' perverts! They always think men cannot be close unless it is a sexual nature. Nothing quite like taking one of the greatest men who ever shaped this country and making him GAY!

Asshats!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Anti-semitic as well I would argue.

Nevermind the fact that they play every documentary with some half-assed theory about why the Bible can't possibly be what conventional wisdom says it is even if those theories contradict each other but you never see is the same treatment given to the texts of the the other religions of the world. I dare their brave, bold producers to try that crap with the Koran.

The breaking point to me was when I was watching a show on the conquest of Canaan. The narrator points out how brutal ancient warfare was because it required hacking each other to bloody bits at close quarters and because of the psychological stresses the entirety of the Hebrew male nation must have been psychotic basketcases; at which point the image on the screen is of filthy, bedraggled wild-eyed men whose features are deepened by the orange glow of a raoring fire.

Has any other ancient society ever been so painted? The Romans? The Macedonians? Anyone? Even the Moloch worshippers of Carthage are treated with admiration.

I guess only jews are the psychopathic killers with their bogus religious texts.
You know, I am remembering that and I thought that was one of the stupidest comment I had heard yet.  Was that the one with the Naked Archeologist about what natural disaster may have corresponded with the exodus out of Egypt?  The really stupid thing about that, other than it was directed at the Hebrews while such things are never said of any other group, not even the Spartans in that 300 thing I liked, but it is projecting modern values onto an ancient civilization.

We are so self-absorbed these days, I think most of our psychological diseases come from that whereas I don't think think the ancients had the leisure time to sit around feeling sorry for themselves all day.  They also had different ideas about death, we are so deathophobic as a culture we think nobody should ever die even though everybody does.  There was a much greater acceptance of death as just a natural part of the whole cycle of life.  In fact, the whole concept of time was seen more as a ring instead of the linear, non-repeating progression we have been conditioned to see it as today.

But I still think they have a lot of good shows.  I liked that one about locating the Garden of Eden by satellite imagry and I even like watching the Nostradamus shows because they are so  funny in their inaccuracies.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
There isn't a DAMN thing wrong with the Duggar Family. They provide for their kids WITHOUT the government's help, ...and that's all that's necessary. I do wonder, if it were some crack whore, would they be saying the same thing? Something tells me no. Hell, something tells me those moonbats would be saying it's America's fault that the woman HAD 10+ kids. Isn't that what they tell us now when it's 6? Yes, I know the Duggars have about 18, but they provide for them all. I'm all for having as many kids as you can afford. It's TIME to start sustaining the population with AMERICANS.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Hey, you gotta watch "Dirty Jobs"....but not while eating supper.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
American Chopper drove me away from whatever channel it was on.

Dirty Jobs is ok, but........ they do get a little disgusting. 

The bigger problem is that there is no longer anything to "Discover" or "learn" from those channels. It's all about ratings any more. A LOT of these cable channels have forgotten their roots. I used to LOVE TLC, Discovery, & the History Channel (The Drug Channel). There are few shows on them any more that are worth watching.

Ohh, and Kevin?? I agree whole-heartedly. Have as many children as you can afford. The Duggers appear to be a  model, albeit large, family.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:27:47 PM by Thor »
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
I'll choose NOT GETTING THE CRABS for 1000, Alex.

:rotf:
your 200th H5
Caught somewhere in time

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom

Oh, Discovery Health had a documentary on tonight about the top transgender physician in the country. I can't imagine that show would even have viewers. It takes all kinds to make a world but I guess if God gets it wrong there's a doctor who can cut off your tits and make them into a dick. Sheesh!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
American Chopper drove me away from whatever channel it was on.

Dirty Jobs is ok, but........ they do get a little disgusting. 

The bigger problem is that there is no longer anything to "Discover" or "learn" from those channels. It's all about ratings any more. A LOT of these cable channels have forgotten their roots. I used to LOVE TLC, Discovery, & the History Channel (The Drug Channel). There are few shows on them any more that are worth watching.

Ohh, and Kevin?? I agree whole-heartedly. Have as many children as you can afford. The Duggers appear to be a  model, albeit large, family.
Look for a new program..."Treasure Quest".   :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Oh, Discovery Health had a documentary on tonight about the top transgender physician in the country. I can't imagine that show would even have viewers. It takes all kinds to make a world but I guess if God gets it wrong there's a doctor who can cut off your tits and make them into a dick. Sheesh!

Cindie

That encapsulates two "Must-miss" topics in one show for me.  Medical crap just doesn't interest me at all and doubly so for people with gender identity issues. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline MarshallLaw

It takes all kinds to make a world but I guess if God gets it wrong there's a doctor who can cut off your tits and make them into a dick. Sheesh!

Cindie

What do they do with the other one?

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom

What do they do with the other one?

Donate it to Acorn to so we can all be screwed?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Donate it to Acorn to so we can all be screwed?

Cindie

H5! Cutie! That's funny, I don't care who ya are!!!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Well now, I don't understand this.

Maybe I'm dense.

Where's the much-heralded primitive respect for diversity?

It's "good" or "decent". They have to hate it.
It dosen't make much sense to me, either. It's not like these "fundies" are gonna go out and parade in assless chaps anytime soon.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.