Author Topic: The Part of the "Fix" They Don't Want to Discuss  (Read 678 times)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
The Part of the "Fix" They Don't Want to Discuss
« on: March 11, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »
DemocracyInaction  (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-11-09 04:48 PM
Original message

What's wrong with this picture: Corporations (and their wealthy owners) shipped American jobs overseas and/or brought in foreign workers (both blue and white collar) to drive down costs. YET, because this economy is 2/3 consumer driven, they scream that we need to get out there and shop until we drop to make this economy work! (With what??). So, point blank, this economy is never coming back if it returns to the same "wage" policies. If business doesn't get back to union-type wages for employees, the economy will in time slip back into stagnation and eventually go into recession and at some point "depression" most certainly will come to this country if these greedy policies are not changed. The turnips are dead--you beat all the blood out of them you can beat.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8257645

Wasn't the cost of wages one of the major contributors to companies sending their manufacturing base offshore in the first place ?

Are they seriously trying to tell me that companies should just pay their "turnips" more "blood", just so that the same corporation can "beat out" the same margin they were averaging in the first place ?

knixphan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)    Wed Mar-11-09 04:50 PM
Response to Original message
1. It's all about the living wage-

:fistbump:

I suspect that A "living wage" is a wage that varies according to what the DUmmie desires that week , rather that than living within their means.

AndyA  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-11-09 04:57 PM
2. Another example.

Credit card issuers are experiencing record defaults. Due, again, to the lousy economy brought on in part by those same credit card issuers shipping American jobs overseas.

So what do the credit card companies do to help the situation? Raise interest rates on existing balances! Yep! That $1,000 trinket you bought at 7.9% will cost 24.9% interest, now.

So here's a question for Congress and the corporate powers that be:

What's in it for the American consumer? There is NO INCENTIVE to go out and shop or do anything else that might stimulate the economy. GIVE US A REASON TO DO IT THAT BENEFITS US.

The acquisition of goods and services you desire is of insufficient benifit to motivate you into action ?

polichick  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)     Wed Mar-11-09 05:01 PM
3. The only thing I feel like spending money on is green energy...

Maybe doing some home improvement.

*shrug*.  It's your money to waste spend  as you desire. Don't come running to me when you can't make your grocery bill though, because I don't give a damn.

avaistheone1  (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-11-09 07:30 PM
11. People can't purchase and stimulate the economy when they

have lost their jobs, or their jobs are threatened.

Corporations have offshored our jobs under the banner of globalism. And globalism is another word for corporate greed.

They could always get one of  those "jobs that Americans won't do" while increasing their value with education and experience, but that's probably too much to ask.

Easier to just demand to be supported by the charity of your potential employer or failing that Uncle Sam.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: The Part of the "Fix" They Don't Want to Discuss
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:44:12 PM »
There is no call to reverse policies and end regulations which chase jobs from our shores and discourages jobs coming to our shores from other nations?  How narrowminded.   What about the wellbeing of those citizens of other nations who become employed because American jobs are sent to their countries?  Should they be sacrificed? 

The Little Goons are all over the map on this issue.  It's their standard operating procedure to never finish a thought beyond their current emotion. 

(I get so frustrated fighting their willfull ignorance - I'm weary and tired)   

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:05:18 PM »
So I'm supposed to go spend money at an establishment whose employees used to make $8.50/hour but thanks to the DUmmies the employees now make $24.00/hour. The prices have gone up so that $8.00 widget I wanted now costs around $20.00 so I'll probably say, "screw that!" and walk out thereby generating no revenue or perhaps the DUmmies will mandate price controls so the profit margin plummets causing investors to pull out their money leaving the establishment with no operating capital for inventory, facilities or *gasp* employee wages.

Am I reading this right?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:17:24 PM »
Wonder what they will say when their Internet service provider triples the monthly fee to pay these wages they deem imperative?

I know the answer...they will scream that it is a right and the government should steal money from the "wealthy" to provide it for them at no cost.

Worthless,stupid things.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:20:27 PM »
Quote from:
DemocracyInaction  

What's wrong with this picture: Corporations (and their wealthy owners) shipped American jobs overseas and/or brought in foreign workers (both blue and white collar) to drive down costs. YET, because this economy is 2/3 consumer driven, they scream that we need to get out there and shop until we drop to make this economy work! (With what??). So, point blank, this economy is never coming back if it returns to the same "wage" policies. If business doesn't get back to union-type wages for employees, the economy will in time slip back into stagnation and eventually go into recession and at some point "depression" most certainly will come to this country if these greedy policies are not changed. The turnips are dead--you beat all the blood out of them you can beat.

Who is this mythical "they" who won't discuss it?

Here primitive, I'll give you a brief.  If you take all workers, unionize them and they get wage and benefit increases that amount to 15% over and above what they're getting now, what good does that do them if the cost of living increases by 15% because businesses have to increase their costs in order to pay the new wages and benefits to their employees?  You know, if you artifically inflate the amount of wages and benefits being paid, then businesses and individuals with goods and services to sell and provide are going to adjust their prices in order to obtain more of that increased money you just got, both for business reasons and simply because there's more there for the taking, so why not.  OK primitive, if I own a store next to a factory where you work, and the whole factory gets a big wage hike, my prices are automatically going up in order to capture some of that cash for myself.  And yes, you will continue to buy from me, because I assure you if I'm put out of business because I raise my prices, you'll still want what I sold from someone else, you're not going to do without, and the new guy isn't going to be any cheaper than the prices you put me out of business for charging.

Primitives, do you really want to stimulate the economy?  Then push for lower taxes for everyone, cut the capital gains tax down to 0% for a few years, and lift all the suffocating enviro and over-gov't regulations that discourage businesses from investing in themselves.  This economy will be on fire and people will have a choice between which 3 terrific jobs they want to take.  But, you're talk about stimulating the economy is just that..... talk.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 09:54:59 PM »
So I'm supposed to go spend money at an establishment whose employees used to make $8.50/hour but thanks to the DUmmies the employees now make $24.00/hour. The prices have gone up so that $8.00 widget I wanted now costs around $20.00 so I'll probably say, "screw that!" and walk out......
Yup. They think people will still buy the McDonalds happy meal even if it's $14.99.

Here's how this would play out:
1. DUmmies pass a law requiring that every employee be paid a "living wage".
2. They then realize that each employee's "needs" are different (from each/to each, etc.)
3. They pass another law stating that the larger the employee's family, the more you have to pay him/her.
4. Said business begins discriminating against people based on the size of their family.
5. Leftists make yet another law making this illegal.
6. McDonalds ends up with 42 employees that each make $27/hour because they have large families, but otherwise lack the skills to get a job that pays that much.
7. A meal for a family of 4 at McDonalds goes to $75.
8. Nobody eats at McDonalds anymore.
9. DUmmies move to either subsidize McDonalds, or pay lavish unemployment benefits once the franchise goes tits-up.
10. Now, extrapolate this scenario to every business that has low-skilled workers and guess where we'd be in 6 months.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.