Author Topic: My wife's words: "WTF IS IT WITH THIS FUNDIE FAMILY!?!?" also why dresses?  (Read 5272 times)

Offline CC27

redirish28 (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-11-09 03:37 PM
Original message

My wife's words: "WTF IS IT WITH THIS FUNDIE FAMILY!?!?" also why dresses?
My wife cannot believe TLC is having another Duggar season again. She has been so disappointed with TLC for a good 15 years but it is to the point where she is just about to give up on the channel all together.

She remembers when the channel "actual" educational stuff. Like Documentaries about how the bible was developed through out the centuries. She said it actually talked about how things where taken out or interpret a certain way.

She remembers when they has a series on the rise and falls of the Celts and wish it would go that way just a little. One or 2 nights out of 7 isn't that bad but to put the Duggars on is just fluff.

And as she went on with her rant she said something that really threw me. WTF is it with Fundie's and clothing girls and women in dresses no matter what is happening. Taking the kids on a nature walk Boys have heavy shoes and pants on. Girls are in dresses.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5031506
 :whatever:

modified by franksolich to include name of primitive posting this
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:36:12 PM by franksolich »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Well now, I don't understand this.

Maybe I'm dense.

Where's the much-heralded primitive respect for diversity?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

Sure they would be happy with the muslims, their dress, and their oppresion of women and fags.  Where extreme christian groups merely ostracize the muzzies stone you, hang you, or behead you.

More proof that liberals are more than the average full of hate. Now they can't hate the truly loathsome parts of civilization because of PC so it all comes out on Christians.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline CC27

Sorry about forgetting the name Frank.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Sorry about forgetting the name Frank.

It's no biggie, everybody does it at one time or another.

The reason the screen-name of the primitive should be included--at least, minimally, the name of the originally-posting primitive--is that the primitives are such narcissists they don't pay any attention to anybody but themselves, and so when they lurk over here, they "search" for their own names, instead of looking at the broad array of illumination and enlightenment offered here.

If I had my druthers, which I can't, the "search" function here would be available only to registered members--after all, my fellow alum Skins actually charges for it, on Skins's island--so that lurking primitives would have to look at everything while trying to track down themselves.

And by chance or accident they might randomly find something that changes their lives.

But that's just me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
Another DUmmie who doesn't know how work the remote?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
I guess tuning in the Military Channel is out of the question....

I LOVE the shows they do on WWII aircraft....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I haven't watched TLC in a long time because it became all that reality stuff.  I think they used to have Connections 2 which was a great show and one time they had this great show on famous books and their authors.

Ice Road Fishing and those kinds of shows just don't appeal to me that much, the only intervention show I like is Dog Whisperer and I don't even watch that.  So what are they doing on TLC these days that has the DUmmies so upset and why not just watch History or Science or some other channels that still has some good stuff from time to time?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jukin

The history channel is nothing but leftist propaganda.  It is the NYT/History channel and is full of aliens amongs us and if only stalin had beat the allies crap.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline PoliCon

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Political Conservative

Maybe I'm dense.

They only respect diversity that is in line with their narrow world view. 
Stand up for what is right, even if you must stand alone.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
The history channel is nothing but leftist propaganda.  It is the NYT/History channel and is full of aliens amongs us and if only stalin had beat the allies crap.
Somehow I missed that one on Stalin though I did see one on how he bankrupted Russia with his building projects and how he had these apartments built for party members and would send his goons in and kidnap them at random to keep them full of fear.

There is too much UFO stuff and Monster stuff and Nostradamus stuff but Engineering an Empire is pretty good and they had this great series on Rome and they had a great thing on the 300, granted it was a movie tie-in but it was much better than the movie, not that the movie was bad but it was basically based on a comic book.  I like The Naked Archeologist too.

If UFO's and Nostradamus pay the bills who am I to complain?  That's more than liberals do.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)

Maybe I'm dense.

thats probably what they chose to wear. do you believe in choice dummie?

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5031506
 :whatever:

modified by franksolich to include name of primitive posting this
It's always been interesting to me when people continue to watch  or listen to something that infuriates them so! Almost like they get off on being constantly pissed off!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
It's always been interesting to me when people continue to watch  or listen to something that infuriates them so! Almost like they get off on being constantly pissed off!
Would that be why they're always complaining about Rush?   ::)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Anti-semitic as well I would argue.

Nevermind the fact that they play every documentary with some half-assed theory about why the Bible can't possibly be what conventional wisdom says it is even if those theories contradict each other but you never see is the same treatment given to the texts of the the other religions of the world. I dare their brave, bold producers to try that crap with the Koran.

The breaking point to me was when I was watching a show on the conquest of Canaan. The narrator points out how brutal ancient warfare was because it required hacking each other to bloody bits at close quarters and because of the psychological stresses the entirety of the Hebrew male nation must have been psychotic basketcases; at which point the image on the screen is of filthy, bedraggled wild-eyed men whose features are deepened by the orange glow of a raoring fire.

Has any other ancient society ever been so painted? The Romans? The Macedonians? Anyone? Even the Moloch worshippers of Carthage are treated with admiration.

I guess only jews are the psychopathic killers with their bogus religious texts.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Judging by the OP's literacy in writing, I can see TLC has been a great help.  :whatever:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I do have to agree with the moonbat woman that TLC is pretty much all fluff (pseudo-dramatic reality sub-type, mostly) and rarely if ever has anything worth watching anymore, fortunately my remote still works.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

Well the complainer's head would explode around where I live.  We have a large contingent of Amish and Mennonites.  All dresses all the time.  Who cares?  It's their CHOICE. 

Offline jinxmchue

Well the complainer's head would explode around where I live.  We have a large contingent of Amish and Mennonites.  All dresses all the time.  Who cares?  It's their CHOICE. 

But they're "fundies," so obviously it's a wrong choice and must be taunted and ridiculed often.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I guess the DUmmies would be a lot happier of the girls dressed like sluts and the boys like ghetto thugs.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
I wonder if his wife would consider it interesting if the Duggar parents were two lesbians or a transgendered couple who birthed their own children before the big gender change...of course then we'd probably have to change their name to Digger.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Miss Mia

Another DUmmie who doesn't know how work the remote?

That's what I was thinking.  I couldn't care less about the Duggars or that Jon & Kate + 8 or whatever.  I just don't watch them.  Not that hard.  Obviously, enough people are watching that it's profitable for TLC and whomever else to keep showing them. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

That's what I was thinking.  I couldn't care less about the Duggars or that Jon & Kate + 8 or whatever.  I just don't watch them.  Not that hard.  Obviously, enough people are watching that it's profitable for TLC and whomever else to keep showing them. 

Well, ya got the Duggars themselves, that's a bigger audience than MSNBC has right there...

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

My wife watches Jon & Kate + 8 with zeal that borders on the religious.  She's got their book, too. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
She has been so disappointed with TLC for a good 15 years

Yet she continues to watch to see if she can be even more outraged tomorrow than she was today.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn