Author Topic: Jamie's (and his husband) gotta gun...  (Read 4178 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: Jamie's (and his husband) gotta gun...
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2017, 09:27:45 AM »
I'm not much of a gun enthusiast though I have enjoyed the times I have shot for fun. But I do recall when comparing the feel of a Glock 9mm and a Sig 9mm, I liked the way the Sig shot better. Seems like around Tampa most police offices carry either a Glock or a Sig, with a S&W or a Beretta thrown in for good measure.

I'm a big fan of the Sig 229 .40
If I was an open carry type, or if I carried for duty or something, it would be my choice. It's larger, but for me, it has almost the perfect balance for target acquisition on followup shots. I've never shot anything else that performed as well on that point.
If you get the opportunity to borrow one, I'd avoid it. Otherwise, you'll end up having to buy one.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2017, 09:30:43 AM »
I'm a big fan of the Sig 229 .40
If I was an open carry type, or if I carried for duty or something, it would be my choice. It's larger, but for me, it has almost the perfect balance for target acquisition on followup shots. I've never shot anything else that performed as well on that point.
If you get the opportunity to borrow one, I'd avoid it. Otherwise, you'll end up having to buy one.

I have a Sig P224 (basically a smaller version of the 229) for conceal carry. The one thing I don't like about it is the really tight trigger pull.

I love my Springfield XD in .40. Good gun.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2017, 10:53:55 AM »
But three identical models?
That's just stupid.

The joy boy ought to get at least one real man's gun--a large frame Smith & Wesson revolver.
I think I might have just spotted a problem.... :gay:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2017, 08:51:22 AM »
Hey DUmmy:

Limp wrists can cause a Glock to malfunction.
You're gonna die.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
Amimnoch (2,356 posts)

55. You are probably right. I'd certainly like to think that you are.

You'll just have to deal that I'm not willing to bet my family on your being right at this point.

While there are certainly dissimilarities between our situation, and 1929 Germany, there's too many similarities to ignore it outright.

We're not a country just coming out of economic ruin, or in a world that is in a great depression, so the desperation factor is absent. There hasn't been an attempted armed overthrow of our government. These are very key differences.

However, there's also too many similarities for me to ignore:
- A charismatic leader, whom just about everybody thought was a joke, has gone from virtual obscurity to taking power.
- Central to his rise is instilling a sense that our country has fallen from greatness.
- Named enemies as the cause of our fall from greatness, and those enemies are liberals, progressives, immigrants, the news media, Hollywood, organized labor, and the GLBT lobbies.
- This rise to power, which hasn't even been realized yet (only 1.5 months since the election) has already resulted in a large increase of crimes against the named enemies, and marginalization of named enemies.
How many of those were hoaxes or lies? I would bet somewhere North of 99.99%.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke