Author Topic: Jamie's (and his husband) gotta gun...  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Jamie's (and his husband) gotta gun...
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 05:32:37 PM »
Oh man! This can't end well. They really are just talking shit right?

1) Dummies lie all the time
2) DUmmies love being the victim. This is just another way of saying, "I'm scared, I so vulnerable."
3) Guns are EXPENSIVE. 3 at once? I'm not sure they could give up that much drug money for 3.
4) going to the range to practice...lots of CONSERVATIVES at the range. Bouncies backed by bullets?
5) Liberals are talk and feelings. More likely that ARE just talking sh!t.

Frankly I think everyone should have a gun.  Some people are just too stupid to own one. To a DUmmy, open carry means in the hand pointed at people.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »
Glock, shmock. Can't stand that little fake trigger.

Besides ....
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2016, 05:48:24 PM »
Johnny2X2X (2,474 posts)

8. Buy guns!

Especially if you are a minority or an immigrant. They will come for you and yours, arm yourself.

EffieBlack (4,981 posts)

13. If enough of you - and lots of straight and gay black and brown and female people, too - get guns

the Second Amendment won't be so sacrosanct and gun control will finallly become a reality.

So arm on, my brother ...

BTW, I'm only being half facetious - I hate guns, but I feel your pain and fear.

cwydro (24,327 posts)

17. Um, have you read the statistics in Chicago lately?

I think gun ownership is well distributed throughout the races in this country.

Uponthegears (1,314 posts)

34. The difference between gun ownership

in urban Chicago and in white suburbia:

Between racist cops and community social strucures sacrficed on the altar of white privilege, people in Chicago actually face a risk of death or serious bodily injury that is greater than the risks attendant to the presence of a firearm in the home.

In white suburbia, it is exactly the opposite but the people who live there have been convinced that THEY are the "real" victims of violent crime.

Equating the two smacks of privilege.

White privilege is the reason the black community of Chicago -- under the heel of liberalism for decades -- is slaughtering itself.

EffieBlack (4,981 posts)

59. Privilege is only one of the things it smacks of . . . n/t

What else could it be?

Certainly not personal responsibility.

HoneyBadger (302 posts)

61. In that case is using concerns about guns in urban environments against guns in suburban environment

racist? Either we are all the same or we are not.

78. "We are all the same"

The mantra of white privilege . . .

and all lives matter too, huh?

No. All lives do not matter.

Yours means absolutely nothing to me.

Feel better now?

HoneyBadger (302 posts)

79. I think that you are making up mantras

but if you think that different racial groups should have different gun laws, that does seem racist

81. Let's make this easier

Different groups have different needs for self-defense and, accordingly, different motivations for purchasing the "tools" of self defense.

WE are in REAL danger and purchase weapons to address those concerns. The white suburbanites who are scarfing up guns like they are Skittles face almost no danger and purchase weapons because in their privileged view of the world even the minimal danger they face is important enough to flood this country with unneeded weapons.

You aren't us. Quit acting like you face the same reality.

Whites aren't killing blacks.

===================

dionysus (26,065 posts)

20. omfg, the melodrama.. jesus christ. He's gonna be a dud but he's not firing up the ovens, get a grip

Amimnoch (2,356 posts)

55. You are probably right. I'd certainly like to think that you are.

You'll just have to deal that I'm not willing to bet my family on your being right at this point.

While there are certainly dissimilarities between our situation, and 1929 Germany, there's too many similarities to ignore it outright.

We're not a country just coming out of economic ruin, or in a world that is in a great depression, so the desperation factor is absent. There hasn't been an attempted armed overthrow of our government. These are very key differences.

However, there's also too many similarities for me to ignore:
- A charismatic leader, whom just about everybody thought was a joke, has gone from virtual obscurity to taking power.
- Central to his rise is instilling a sense that our country has fallen from greatness.
- Named enemies as the cause of our fall from greatness, and those enemies are liberals, progressives, immigrants, the news media, Hollywood, organized labor, and the GLBT lobbies.
- This rise to power, which hasn't even been realized yet (only 1.5 months since the election) has already resulted in a large increase of crimes against the named enemies, and marginalization of named enemies.
- Riding the wave of national pride, militarism, commitment to him, and a radically pure America.
- Even though the Nazi Party only won 32% of the vote, underestimation of them led to their complete seizure of power.

So, yes, my reaction might be premature, and ultimately it may be completely unnecessary.. but, it may also be accurate, and there's certainly enough change that's come over this country for genuine concern. So, I will hope that you are correct, but I will prepare for you being incorrect.

Or maybe all the hates crimes you've been reading about are faked by the supposed victim.

===================

Truth321 (48 posts)

64. Democrats have passed every gun control law in USA

From the gun control act of 1934 to the gun control act of 1968 to the 1994 gun control law to New Yorks recent gun bans to the new California gun bans Democrats have always been for elimination of firearms. All other civilized nations have long since outlawed all firearms. USA stands alone on this lunacy. If Hillary had won right now we would be discussing the gun control she preached on the campaign trail for the last year. She promised it would be one of the 1st problems she would tackle. It sure looks like the trump effect has rubbed off on many here. Guess the Democrats are gonna be the pro gun party now. We gonna out repug the repugs.

Mole?

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 06:36:39 PM »
:cheersmate:

Not a lot of Model 29s at the Pink Pistols meetings, I'd imagine.

If I'm going to get an N-frame, I'll go for the M&P R8.  Yeah, it's only .357, but the cylinder holds 8 rounds.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 07:45:55 PM »
This just......

Two homos in Texas have been found dead. Apparent murder suicide.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 08:31:09 PM »
I still don't know why they had to have 3, when it's just the two of them.  Now, in Texas, can you just go out and buy three Glocks, apparently no questions asked?  Honest question.  Not like that in NY.  You just can't do that here.  I think there's a lot of bullshit to this story, mainly this:  If you don't know about guns at all, and are afraid of them at your core, how are you going to wander into a store and just pick them up like a gallon of milk?  There is so much information that one would need for this.  Months of research, really.  These are serious tools. 

I think it's all dramaqueenery. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 08:41:55 PM »
I will kill before I allow me and my husband to be loaded onto trains or trucks for re-education, or when his brownshirts decide it is time to invade our home and make us pay for our "crimes against nature".

That bitch is dangerously psychotic and he is likely to kill the next UPS driver making a delivery.

Offline Karin

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2016, 08:53:21 PM »
"I WILL KILL"  Seems like something like that ought to come out in a thorough background check.  Right DUmmies?  Like a creatively edited piece taken from the internet? 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:55:30 PM by Karin »

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2016, 09:57:23 PM »
I still don't know why they had to have 3, when it's just the two of them.  Now, in Texas, can you just go out and buy three Glocks, apparently no questions asked?  Honest question.  Not like that in NY.  You just can't do that here.  I think there's a lot of bullshit to this story, mainly this:  If you don't know about guns at all, and are afraid of them at your core, how are you going to wander into a store and just pick them up like a gallon of milk?  There is so much information that one would need for this.  Months of research, really.  These are serious tools. 

In FREE states, such as Indiana (where I am), you can buy as many at a time as you want if you pass the NICS check on the spot, no more waiting period either. Pass the check, walk out with your guns.
However, it's generally not a good idea because  if you buy more than one every 5 days, you will potentially get a visit from the ATF wanting to know why.
If you aren't doing illegal straw purchases, no foul, and not illegal. But I don't want those bastards knowing my name... ever.
I don't even buy from FFL dealers. I don't like having my name run through the FBI, knowing me, what firearms I own, and what their serial numbers are. They are supposed to delete the info after you pass the checks, but history has proven that they do not.
I'm generally not an overly paranoid type, I just don't care. But there are a few things that get in my craw. That is one. Another one is the 10K bank transfer law that triggers having to fill out an 8300. It really pisses me off having the IRS know about my money and what I do with it AFTER I pay those robbin' sons of bitches.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2016, 10:22:11 PM »
If I'm going to get an N-frame, I'll go for the M&P R8.  Yeah, it's only .357, but the cylinder holds 8 rounds.

The .357 Magnum is my favorite handgun cartridge. If my six-killers didn't serve me so well, I'd take a good long look at that R8.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2016, 11:00:30 PM »
The lovely couple was last seen arm in arm, singing the old reframe: "This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun."
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2016, 11:07:34 PM »
The lovely couple was last seen arm in arm, singing the old reframe: "This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

H5!!!!

Happy New Year, the Year of the Donald!!!!    :yahoo:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline fatboy

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2017, 03:28:37 PM »
The thread is still going strong but it appears that "moles" have taken over...
Response to Amimnoch (Original post)

Sun Jan 1, 2017, 03:01 PM

TomJulie (38 posts)

104. I grew up with firearms in the home...

And it hasn't changed since adulthood and getting married. We keep a Glock 9mm with night sights and a full clip of Cor-Bon ammo in a drawer in our headboard. In my computer room, I keep a SIG P220 45acp with a full clip of Cor-Bon. We also have a small safe we bought years ago that I keep other firearms I've bought over the years.

The difference between us that I see is, I refuse to live in fear. Yes, I'm concerned about Trump, especially who he will put in the Supreme Court but I'm not going to let that dictate as to how I live and conduct my life. You can do what you wish, that's your own choice but my wife & I are going to live our lives, as best we can, the way we always have.

I support your right to mole and troll the DUmp!  :-)

No word yet on the newly minted homo glock humpers.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2017, 04:32:04 PM »
Sun Jan 1, 2017, 03:01 PM

TomJulie (38 posts)

104. I grew up with firearms in the home...

And it hasn't changed since adulthood and getting married. We keep a Glock 9mm with night sights and a full clip of Cor-Bon ammo in a drawer in our headboard. In my computer room, I keep a SIG P220 45acp with a full clip of Cor-Bon. We also have a small safe we bought years ago that I keep other firearms I've bought over the years.

The difference between us that I see is, I refuse to live in fear. Yes, I'm concerned about Trump, especially who he will put in the Supreme Court but I'm not going to let that dictate as to how I live and conduct my life. You can do what you wish, that's your own choice but my wife & I are going to live our lives, as best we can, the way we always have.

Liar or ignorant.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »

So if they get hopelessly depressed, do you think one or the other will commit homocide?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2017, 06:01:40 PM »
So if they get hopelessly depressed, do you think one or the other will commit homocide?

Yes. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2017, 06:48:43 PM »

Besides ....

:cheersmate:  :hi5:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 06:55:09 PM »
It's very simple why liberals dont like guns.  Most liberals are just a small tweak away from going postal.  They don't typically trust themselves with guns and assume everyone else is the same.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2017, 06:56:32 PM »
EffieBlack (4,981 posts)

13. If enough of you - and lots of straight and gay black and brown and female people, too - get guns

the Second Amendment won't be so sacrosanct and gun control will finallly become a reality.

Yeah!   Do that.   :rofl:  We're so scared of da bruthas gettins da wepuns. :panic:

:lmao: :rotf: :rofl:

I mean, they're just so badass and deadly on ..... tee vee.   "Yes, the sights go to the left." 

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline fatboy

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2017, 07:00:55 PM »
It's very simple why liberals dont like guns.  Most liberals are just a small tweak away from going postal.  They don't typically trust themselves with guns and assume everyone else is the same.

That and felony drug and/or domestic abuse convictions and/or 302 (involuntary) mental health vacations that hamper a successful NICS check.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2017, 07:05:58 PM »

Yes, as long as you pass the NICS background check.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2017, 07:12:38 PM »

Besides ....

That's the thing I hate most on them. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2017, 05:08:11 AM »
That's the thing I hate most on them.

Aaah--the infamous "New York Trigger."  Added because members of the NYPD couldn't adhere to basic gun safety principles and keep their fingers off of the triggers when they drew their handguns or replaced their handguns into their holsters!  (There are still some "dinosaurs" in the NYPD who carry .38 Special revolvers, but they're about 1% of the force.)

Chase her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2017, 08:21:48 AM »
Aaah--the infamous "New York Trigger."  Added because members of the NYPD couldn't adhere to basic gun safety principles and keep their fingers off of the triggers when they drew their handguns or replaced their handguns into their holsters!  (There are still some "dinosaurs" in the NYPD who carry .38 Special revolvers, but they're about 1% of the force.)

That little tit just sets off my "A little sand or mud in this little tiny plastic dingus could disable the whole shooting match at the worst possible time" alarm.   

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2017, 08:39:43 AM »
I'm not much of a gun enthusiast though I have enjoyed the times I have shot for fun. But I do recall when comparing the feel of a Glock 9mm and a Sig 9mm, I liked the way the Sig shot better. Seems like around Tampa most police offices carry either a Glock or a Sig, with a S&W or a Beretta thrown in for good measure.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.