Author Topic: DU: Texas defies World Court, Bush on execution  (Read 9849 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: DU: Texas defies World Court, Bush on execution
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 12:42:48 PM »
Well, Don, IanDB1 isn't on our board, so your role is secure.  In fact missing the point that Ian isn't ours is kind of an affirmation!

:tongue:

Somewhere a village is short up...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »
IanDB1  (1000+ posts)         Sun Aug-03-08 08:31 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. International treaties ratified by Congress are the highest law of the land.
   Higher even than The Constitution.

This is not a matter of what rights that monster deserves.

This is a matter of our obligations as a country on the world stage.

You're an idiot and an ignoramus, Ian, but I guess we all knew that already.  Treaties do not trupm opt Constitution, they are at the same level as statutory law...to the point that statutes passed after the treaty are considered to trump the treaty in cases of conflict.  This involves an issue of the State's criminal justice jurisdiction and from the State's point of view, the only Federal basis to intervene is a violation of the convict's Constitutional rights, which treaty provision aren't.  There's certainly a technical legal argument to be made for the opposite outcome, but I'm all for Texas offing the piece of shit and the Feds don't seem too enthusiastic about pushing the counterargument.     
I THOUGHT i WAS THE BOARD iDIOT ? :bird:
Have you met TNO or Bridget?
 :thatsright:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 12:48:12 PM »
IanDB1  (1000+ posts)         Sun Aug-03-08 08:31 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. International treaties ratified by Congress are the highest law of the land.
   Higher even than The Constitution.

This is not a matter of what rights that monster deserves.

This is a matter of our obligations as a country on the world stage.

You're an idiot and an ignoramus, Ian, but I guess we all knew that already.  Treaties do not trupm opt Constitution, they are at the same level as statutory law...to the point that statutes passed after the treaty are considered to trump the treaty in cases of conflict.  This involves an issue of the State's criminal justice jurisdiction and from the State's point of view, the only Federal basis to intervene is a violation of the convict's Constitutional rights, which treaty provision aren't.  There's certainly a technical legal argument to be made for the opposite outcome, but I'm all for Texas offing the piece of shit and the Feds don't seem too enthusiastic about pushing the counterargument.     
I THOUGHT i WAS THE BOARD iDIOT ? :bird:
Have you met TNO or Bridget?
 :thatsright:

In a very short time, DP has shot past them.  And I think TNO is still sulking from not being able to hijack a Crevo thread.  Bridget must have had salt shaken on her and just dissolved.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 01:41:15 PM »
Texas defies World Court, Bush on execution

How can Texas defy something that has no juristiction over them? LIBERALS suck!  :bawl: :bawl:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »

How can Texas defy something that has no juristiction over them? LIBERALS suck!  :bawl: :bawl:

I strongly suspect that Texas, being Texas and therefore full of Texans, would be telling the World Court, the Anarchists Criminals and Lechers Union, all three branches of the Federal Government, and George H.W.Bush, Jimmeh Cartah, Jesse Jackson and the Vienna Boys Chior to pound sand in this case, even if the World Court DID supposedly have authority in the matter.

edited because the poster is an idiot who can't spell for shit today.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:06:51 PM by DefiantSix »

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 02:05:01 PM »

I strongly suspect that Texas, being Texas and therefore full of Texans, would be telling the World Court, the Anarchists Criminals and Lechers Union, all three branches of the Federal Government, and George H.W.Bush, Jimmeh Cartah, Jesse Jackson and the Vienna Boys Quoir to pound sand in this case, even if the World Court DID supposedly have authority in the matter.

Agreed, those mex's are going to fry.....see ya!

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 02:30:12 PM »

I strongly suspect that Texas, being Texas and therefore full of Texans, would be telling the World Court, the Anarchists Criminals and Lechers Union, all three branches of the Federal Government, and George H.W.Bush, Jimmeh Cartah, Jesse Jackson and the Vienna Boys Chior to pound sand in this case, even if the World Court DID supposedly have authority in the matter.

edited because the poster is an idiot who can't spell for shit today.

You could probably add a few Nebraskans and an Iowan or two in there as well.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 02:37:32 PM »

I strongly suspect that Texas, being Texas and therefore full of Texans, would be telling the World Court, the Anarchists Criminals and Lechers Union, all three branches of the Federal Government, and George H.W.Bush, Jimmeh Cartah, Jesse Jackson and the Vienna Boys Quoir to pound sand in this case, even if the World Court DID supposedly have authority in the matter.

Mmmmmm re-fried beaners....

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2008, 12:14:36 PM »

If I had posted that reply (I would have been branded a "Racist Homophobe Spammer" ...

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 12:25:21 PM »
See what developing a reputation for being a Conservative racist, sexist, bigot and homophobe can get ya?

You must learn the ways of the force if you're to come with me to Alderan, young padowan.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »
See what developing a reputation for being a Conservative racist, sexist, bigot and homophobe can get ya?

You must learn the ways of the force if you're to come with me to Alderan, young padowan.
  No thanx ... I'm OK .Your OK ...

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 01:28:16 PM »
Jose Medellin is scum (apologies to all the scum out there). He and his cohorts brutally raped and sodomized two innocent girls who were at the wrong place at the wrong time, then with cold blood, murdered the two girls by strangulation with a leather belt so hard that the belt broke. The six thugs then kicked the girls repeatedly to make sure they were dead. Medellin then lifted a watch off of Elizabeth Pena as a present to his girlfriend, laughing to his fellow gang members that "She won't be needing this anymore."

What is telling is that information that led to the six being brought to justice was provided by members of the gang's own families.......they didn't want to see the parents suffering the way that they were suffering on TV.

Peter Cantu, another gang member scheduled to die for the murders, repeatedly tried to kick at a television camera when being filmed at his arrest.

What troubles me is that the USSC applied "international law" when making the decision that two of the murderers were underage at the time of the murder and could not be executed. I am against the death penalty, but all six of these thugs deserve a short drop from a rope.

I can't even say "May God have mercy on his soul."

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 01:29:44 PM »
 Primitives can't bring themselves to acknowledge Evil !

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 04:40:43 PM »
Primitives can't bring themselves to acknowledge Evil !

That's because they usually believe the same things.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2008, 05:29:50 PM »
From what I heard on Glenn Becks show today that SOB should be about to meet his end at 5:30 pm today.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
From what I heard on Glenn Becks show today that SOB should be about to meet his end at 5:30 pm today.
Texas toast.

Works for me.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2008, 05:31:35 PM »
That should be right about now, assuming 17:30 Texas Time.  

:cheersmate: Rot in hell cocksucker!

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2008, 05:35:50 PM »

If I had posted that reply (I would have been branded a "Racist Homophobe Spammer" ...

So? It would not be the first time now would it?
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »

No thanx ... I'm OK .Your OK ...

I am OK with that.
Please continue....

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »
Texas toast.

Works for me.
Texas Toast with a side of Mexi Fries.
Yummy.....

Offline Chris_

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 05:51:10 PM »
Texas toast.

Works for me.
Texas Toast with a side of Mexi Fries.
Yummy.....

Damn, now I'm hungry

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2008, 05:56:24 PM »
bulletin...........even as I type this. Jose Medellin is now strapped to the gurney and the three drug cocktail is going to be administered.........more as this event unfolds.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2008, 06:54:21 PM »
bulletin...........even as I type this. Jose Medellin is now strapped to the gurney and the three drug cocktail is going to be administered.........more as this event unfolds.
Is anyone carrying it?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »
Is anyone carrying it?

Too bad the Texas Department of Corrections can't sell pay per view rights to their executions.  Probably rake in profits hand over fist on this sunuvabitch.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2008, 04:35:41 AM »
Ah, yes, it went off. 

Texas Executes Mexican for Raping, Killing Teens
Wednesday, August 06, 2008

(It's an AP story)

HUNTSVILLE, Texas —  A Mexican-born condemned prisoner was executed Tuesday night for the rape and murder of two teenage girls 15 years ago after a divided U.S. Supreme Court rejected his request for a reprieve.

"I'm sorry my actions caused you pain. I hope this brings you the closure that you seek. Never harbor hate," Jose Medellin said to those gathered to watch him die. Nine minutes later, at 9:57 p.m., he was pronounced dead.

Medellin's execution, the fifth this year in the nation's busiest capital punishment state, attracted international attention after he raised claims he wasn't allowed to consult the Mexican consulate for legal help following his arrest. State officials say he didn't ask to do so until well after he was convicted of capital murder.

Medellin, 33, was condemned for participating in the 1993 gang rape, beating and strangling of Elizabeth Pena, 16, and Jennifer Ertman, 14. He and five fellow gang members attacked the Houston girls as they were walking home on a June night, raped and tortured them for an hour, then kicked and stomped them before using a belt and shoelaces to strangle them.

Satan should be working him over in the same fashion right about now . . .  :evillaugh:

The rest of the article is at:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398465,00.html
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.