Author Topic: Slow Death of Department Stores as Non-Store Retailers Including Amazon Flourish  (Read 475 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Slow Death of Department Stores as Non-Store Retailers Including Amazon Flourish
https://mishtalk.com/uncategorized/slow-death-of-department-stores-as-non-store-retailers-including-amazon-flourish/

Nonstore retailers are holding pandemic gains as department stores slowly sink into oblivion.

Non-store retailers include kiosks, vending machines, direct selling, telemarketing, direct marketing and e-tailing. Amazon is the largest non-store retailer.

I calculate the percentage excluding items that cannot or normally do not happen except in person. That list includes gas stations, food services, grocery stores, and motor vehicles.

Nonstore Retail Sales as Percent of Advance Retail Sales Detail

Department stores have declined before COVID pandemic.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Dozens of reasons for this, including many brick and mortar stores switching to self checkout, keeping a pitiful selection in store (WalMart:don't see your size/color/preference? Order online from us! Customer: Why bother, I'll just add it to my Amazon order and not have to drive to the store at all), sorry excuses for customer service (I want to find a bluetooth hack and blast bestial war metal in all the cashiers with earbuds in everywhere).

While taking away from the big box stores doesn't bother me, I know this tread is hurting the mom and pop storefronts much worse.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Dozens of reasons for this, including many brick and mortar stores switching to self checkout, keeping a pitiful selection in store (WalMart:don't see your size/color/preference? Order online from us! Customer: Why bother, I'll just add it to my Amazon order and not have to drive to the store at all), sorry excuses for customer service (I want to find a bluetooth hack and blast bestial war metal in all the cashiers with earbuds in everywhere).

While taking away from the big box stores doesn't bother me, I know this tread is hurting the mom and pop storefronts much worse.

Agreed, especially about the business of driving to the store. I get less and less tolerant of morons behind the wheel and continually look for opportunities to NOT have to drive anywhere -- if I can avoid it.

Customer service? Really? In a brick 'n mortar store? Good luck with that!
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I get a lot of stuff online but when buying clothes it’s nice to be able to try them on and see the quality of what you’re buying.

On the other hand sometimes getting there,parking and occasionally feral youths can spoil your shopping experience  :thatsright: :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!