Author Topic: Jay Leno Apologizes for 'Gayest Look'  (Read 911 times)

Offline Dixie*Darling

Jay Leno Apologizes for 'Gayest Look'
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:45:42 AM »
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/television/tv-news-story/ar/_a/jay-lenos-gayest-look-sparks-uproar/20080401152409990001?ecid=RSS0001

Jay Leno Apologizes for 'Gayest Look'
AOL
Posted: 2008-04-02 09:10:25

(April 1) - "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno is giving his most apologetic look after making what some in the gay community felt were homophobic remarks during a recent interview with actor Ryan Phillippe.

Leno, 57, apologized in a statement to PEOPLE, saying his attempt at banter "came out wrong."

"In talking about Ryan's first role, I realize that what I said came out wrong," the host said. "I certainly didn't mean any malice. I agree it was a dumb thing to say, and I apologize."

On March 19, after a lengthy chat with Phillippe about his first major role on TV -- he played a gay teen on the soap "One Life to Live" -- Leno asked the actor to show him his "gayest look."

"Can you give me, like -- say that camera is your gay lover ..."

With the audience laughing but the "Stop-Loss" actor saying "I will not" and squirming in discomfort, Leno continued, "Can you give me your 'gayest look'? Say that camera is Billy Bob – Billy Bob has just ridden in shirtless from Wyoming."

"Wow," replied Phillippe, 33. "That is so something I don't want to do. Are you just going to embarrass me tonight, or ... ?"

"No," said Leno. "I got more stuff. This is the least of it."

Among the TV viewers not amused by Leno's humor were "Avenue Q" playwright Jeff Whitty and blogger Melissa McEwan, who quickly co-founded MyGayestLook.com to give visitors a way to showcase their "gayest" expression.

The site urges people to send in photos and so far hundreds have participated, with most flashing the middle finger. "It's a fun way to get across a serious message," McEwan told AM New York Tuesday.

The site, she says, "raises awareness about the fact that gay jokes really just aren't funny."

Whitty said he has "no doubt that in the big picture, Jay Leno's a decent guy. ... There's just this one dated thing that bothers me about his comedy."

~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~

http://mygayestlook.com/

Bull dyke and flaming fag :spork: warning.
.. and unlike Jay Leno, I won't apologize that they are queer.   :bird: back at ya!

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
Re: Jay Leno Apologizes for 'Gayest Look'
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 02:02:58 AM »
Now you have a tiny taste of what it's like to be Christian in America.

Ghey sometimes. . .is funny. Get over it.

*Red*