Author Topic: Melania Trump: Lawyer who invoked Barron Trump's name for laughs at impeachment  (Read 679 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Melania Trump: Lawyer who invoked Barron Trump's name for laughs at impeachment hearing 'should be ashamed'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/melania-trump-barron-lawyer-pamela-karlan-ashamed

First lady Melania Trump said Stanford Law Professor Pamela Karlan, who testified at Wednesday’s impeachment hearing, "should be ashamed” for invoking her 13-year-old son’s name as the butt of a joke during testimony.

Karlan used Barron Trump’s name to illustrate her point that President Trump can’t rule like a king.

"The Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he can’t make him a baron," Karlan said in the committee room, prompting chuckles across the room.

Pamela Karlan is really vile with no credibility. She is no better than Katie Rich, Peter Fonda, Stephen Spinola, or Kathy Griffin.  :bird:

Some idiots are defending her.

Charlotte Clymer 🏳️‍🌈

Verified account

@cmclymer
Follow Follow @cmclymer
More
Folks, if you seriously believe Prof. Pamela Karlan was attacking Barron Trump with that line, you need to take an aspirin and go to sleep for the night. Try again tomorrow.

#ImpeachmentHearings

12:59 PM - 4 Dec 2019
https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1202331527897587715

Matthew Miller

Verified account

@matthewamiller
Follow Follow @matthewamiller
More
Oh give me a break, people. Karlan wasn't attacking Barron Trump, or making a joke at his expense, or dragging him into politics. The mere mention of his name as a play on words to make a legitimate point is none of those things. You don't have to fall for every bad faith attack.

1:17 PM - 4 Dec 2019
Says the PMSNBC analyst.  :bird:

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/1202336117485387776
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:02:25 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Her Stanford page.

Her law page.
https://law.stanford.edu/directory/pamela-s-karlan/

McCoy Family Center for Ethics in Society
https://ethicsinsociety.stanford.edu/about/people/pamela-s-karlan

The second page is now down.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Just another loathesome progressive who is unhappy about everything. :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Right-wingers go full misogynist at impeachment witness Pamela Karlan
https://www.salon.com/2019/12/05/right-wingers-go-full-misogynist-at-impeachment-witness-pamela-karlan/

As soon as Pamela Karlan, a constitutional law professor at Stanford who specializes in voting rights, opened her mouth during Wednesday's impeachment hearing before the House Judiciary Committee, I knew she would become the prime if not exclusive focus of the entire right-wing response to the hearing.

Republicans were desperate to do anything to keep voters from paying attention to the actual substance of the testimony from the three law professors summoned to explain why Donald Trump should be impeached for his crimes, since the substance of their testimony is irrefutable. And while all three were articulate, intelligent and crystal clear in their arguments, only Karlan was female.

It is from Salon and written by leftist hack Amanda Marcotte.

When one uses the gender or race card, they lose.

This is also what fuels the anti-choice movement, of course: Hatred of women that is concealed by, and rationalized with, feigned concern over the fate of "babies." Those were also the arguments used against women's right to vote, divorce, hold jobs or do pretty much anything that gives them power and agency in the world: Somehow, this will harm children.

Here we go again.

Unfortunately, this is likely to work as intended: By appealing straight for the lizard-brain hatred of smart, independent women on the right, Republican politicians and pundits will be able to bamboozle their base into doing what most already want to do, which is to think about anything besides the fact that their beloved president committed crimes and is trying to get away with it. Misogyny is a blunt instrument. But all too often it's an effective one.
Proof this has to do with misogyny? It is called bullying. Remember Katie Rich or Kathy Griffin?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Pamela Karlan says she once crossed the street to avoid a Trump hotel in DC
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pamela-karlan-trump-hotel-cross-street-impeachment-eric-swalwell-barron

The Stanford Law School professor who sparked backlash from the White House Wednesday after invoking the president’s minor son during the first day of the House Judiciary Committee’s impeachment inquiry previously stated that she once crossed the street just to avoid passing one of President Trump's hotels.

Pamela Karlan, who was one of three witnesses who testified before the committee on Wednesday, told a 2017 American Constitution Society panel that she couldn’t stomach walking past the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. Video of the panel from two years ago resurfaced online after Karlan's public testimony.

“I came in from the airport yesterday and I got off the bus from Dulles down at L’Enfant Plaza and I walked up to the hotel and as I was walking past what used to be the old post office building and is now Trump hotel," Karlan told an audience in 2017. “I had to cross the street, of course.”

Fellow panelist Neil Siegel asked: “Are you staying there?”

“God, no! Never!” Karlan responded.

Talk about mega triggered!  :mental:  :panic:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du