Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive watches television at work  (Read 729 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive watches television at work
« on: July 08, 2009, 03:05:20 PM »
http://demopedia.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6015678

Oh my.

The sparkling husband primitive, hot under the clown collar.

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jul-08-09 03:55 PM
Original message

So I'm watching MSNBC all day while working ............

...... Did Democrats disappear from the earth?

Everything seems to be w=right wing spew, wall to wall.

I am hot under the collar about heath care these days, but make no mistake, our BIGGEST problem can be summed up in one word: MEDIA.

For all the wonder of having solid liberals in anchor seats on MSNBC, the slant of that network is little different from all the others. Not one of them is doing anything apart from slanting the news to suit big money and corporate interests.

truedelphi  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jul-08-09 03:58 PM
Response to Original message

1. if it is any consolation, the total number of people

Watching TV itself, let alone news channels, is fairly low.

More and more people use their TVs as giant entertainment centers, and the typical family is over on the cable channels that let the kids watch Disney, or lets the adults watch box office hits, without the commercials.

The news gets its spike when something happens of great interest - yesterday's Jackson memorial or a Space shuttle crashing.

And many who do have the TV on to news all day are not really watching it any way.

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-08-09 03:59 PM

2. Its enough to piss me right the **** off too. We have to do something about the media or we don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of ever getting any change that we want. This present day m$m is bullshit.

K Gardner  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jul-08-09 03:59 PM

3. I don't even bother anymore. I hear the RW Spew at work every day, so why hear it repeated ad nauseum.

Yeah, yeah.

By the way, when I pulled up this bonfire, I got that google advertisement for "Stinky Fart Spray" and "Clown Teeth" again.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

Re: sparkling husband primitive watches television at work
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 03:25:56 PM »
I can only guess what right wing spew was on MSNBC.  I'm flummoxed.  Well, stinky, we over here at this Island hate the msm, too.  I don't think they have a friend in the world, except for each other.  That's why they're always giving each other awards. 

Frank, I got a tracphone ad.  I don't know what the market for that spray is.. I guess frat houses and the like?  I don't want to know.  Also, what in the world are clown teeth?  The only thing I can think of is if you wanted to go as IT for Halloween. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »
I thought his "Job" was property management, for some sort of rental units.  Considering his subordinate role in the relationship, ones suspects family money from Sparklie's side of the partnership probably funded the acquisition.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »
I thought his "Job" was property management, for some sort of rental units.  Considering his subordinate role in the relationship, ones suspects family money from Sparklie's side of the partnership probably funded the acquisition.

The sparkling husband primitive owns some rental units, apparently rowhouses, in Balitmore, and doesn't charge poorhouse rent for them either.

The sparkling husband primitive's always getting on other people for being "greedy," but there's no difference between their greed and the sparkling husband primitive's greed for maximum-possible rent from his tenants.  Same thing.

I dunno the source of the sparkling husband primitive's wealth; it could be from the sparkling husband primitive's wife, or it could be that the sparkling husband primitive's parents, members of the "Greatest Generation" worked and slaved and sweated so as to leave their worthless heir something, and of course the sparkling husband primitive being who he is, has frittered it away, rather than adding to it, for his own children.

Either that, or taxes have eroded it away, and we all know the sparkling husband primitive has an umblemished record of voting for tax-raising politicians.

I have no idea the nature of the "consulting" that the sparkling husband primitive does; he allegedly has one "partner" there in Baltimore, and two down in Texas.  Given his Italianate ethnic origin, it might, or might not, be on the up-and-up.
apres moi, le deluge