Author Topic: the buzzy one, a non-primitive, gets a star donated by a primitive  (Read 639 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6015012

Whoa.

I'm confused now, about the buzzy one's socioeconomic status.

I've known the buzzy one for quite a while now, and in fact have even communicated with him outside of Skin's island, and I got the impression the buzzy one does pretty well, whatever it is that the buzzy one does.

I mean, it was the buzzy one who a couple of years ago purchased one of those Rolex wrist-watches just for the fun of it; and not just any old Rolex, but a multi-purpose Rolex with diamonds and compass and moon-phase indicator and siren and calculator and emeralds and time-zone guide and rubies and telescope and fork on it.

It couldn't have been one of the cheap Rolexes, with all those extras.

But he's too poor to buy his own star on Skins's island?

Nah, I suspect my first suspicions are true, that the buzzy one does pretty good in real life, but likes to sponge whenever the opportunity arises.

Like a harmless little hobby or something.

Buzz Clik  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-08-09 02:13 PM
Original message

Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous stranger, I once again have a star.

Many thanks.

And, if you thought I was obnoxious before, just wait -- I now have access to the DU search engine.

JTFrog (1000+ posts)        Wed Jul-08-09 02:16 PM
Response to Original message

1. Nice.

Fumesucker  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jul-08-09 02:17 PM

2. Define "obnoxious"..

hlthe2b  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-08-09 02:18 PM

3. I like this trend of certain DUers..

Good on you BC
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: the buzzy one, a non-primitive, gets a star donated by a primitive
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 01:35:18 PM »
He could be lying and donated himself.  Only the admins know for sure who donated for whom.

I paid for my own donor star several times, just to access the search engine.  I've also "accidentally" groveled a couple of times.  During the quarterly fund drives, I mentioned how I'd been donating to progressive candidates (not true, of course) rather than DU.  Twice some random DUmmy donated in my honor.

A fool and his money, I guess. :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 01:40:25 PM »
He could be lying and donated himself.  Only the admins know for sure who donated for whom.

I paid for my own donor star several times, just to access the search engine.  I've also "accidentally" groveled a couple of times.  During the quarterly fund drives, I mentioned how I'd been donating to progressive candidates (not true, of course) rather than DU.  Twice some random DUmmy donated in my honor.

A fool and his money, I guess. :-)

I cannot imagine having to donate to use a search engine.... google will work won't it?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »
I cannot imagine having to donate to use a search engine.... google will work won't it?

Not very well at DU when you're looking for something specific.  Although they did add a DU "google-like" search function about a year ago or so.  It doesn't work worth a crap.

I've spent $10 on worse things in my life.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 01:57:13 PM »
$10.00 DOLLARS!No freaking way........
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 04:31:14 PM »
Not very well at DU when you're looking for something specific.  Although they did add a DU "google-like" search function about a year ago or so.  It doesn't work worth a crap.

I've spent $10 on worse things in my life.

I have this gift card with $3.50 on it.... can't buy anything online with that amount.... what to do?

Offline djones520

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »
My last mole I had someone do that for me.  To bad I got sunk.  Such a waste of money for whoever appreciated me speaking truth about how the DUmp treats the military.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:24:04 PM »
I mean, it was the buzzy one who a couple of years ago purchased one of those Rolex wrist-watches just for the fun of it; and not just any old Rolex, but a multi-purpose Rolex with diamonds and compass and moon-phase indicator and siren and calculator and emeralds and time-zone guide and rubies and telescope and fork on it.

You can get that Rolex model for thirty bucks in Times Square. I think it also has a corkscrew that folds out on one side.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 10:25:05 PM »
You can get that Rolex model for thirty bucks in Times Square. I think it also has a corkscrew that folds out on one side.

I remember when the buzzy one got that wrist-watch.

He was inquiring of the primitives what some of the terms mentioned in the owner's manual meant.
apres moi, le deluge