Author Topic: Muriel Humphrey primitive hates physicians (update 07-07)  (Read 1638 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Muriel Humphrey primitive hates physicians (update 07-07)
« on: July 06, 2009, 06:32:42 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=317x3548

Oh my.

This has been up for a while, but no primitives have gone to the bonfire to ask the Muriel Humphrey primitive why she hates doctors.

I hate it when that happens on Skins's island, because usually there's a story behind it, and one never knows what it is.

murielm99  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-06-09 11:07 AM
Original message

I hate ****ing doctors.

Their nurses are not much better, and their receptionists act like they are guarding Fort Knox instead of working for some fartface who treats the labs rather than the patient.

That is all. Thank you.

Any guesses, anybody, about why the Muriel Humphrey primitive hates doctors?

Maybe she was asked to pay a bill, or something?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:20:55 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Muriel Humphrey primitive hates physicians
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:39:01 PM »
murielm99  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-06-09 11:07 AM
Original message

I hate ****ing doctors.

One of the occupational hazards of choosing a street corner outside of a hospital, Muriel, honey.  Maybe you could talk your pimp into letting you move to out in front of the courthouse, where the real cocksuckers work out...

Effin DUmbass...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »
He probably put her in the stirrups and things didn't go well. Perhaps he suggested the use of some feminine hygiene products. :naughty:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 07:10:10 PM »
Sounds like someone didn't get the script they wanted....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 07:11:52 PM »
He probably put her in the stirrups and things didn't go well. Perhaps he suggested the use of some feminine hygiene products. :naughty:

An older cousin of mine once had a talk with me, waaay back when I actually thought I could go to medical school.  The gist of it was this:  "Whatever you do, do not become an OB/GYN--I've seen hundreds of women who do not keep themselves clean.  You would not want to have to deal with the smell day after day."  I told her that I wanted to go into something like cardio-thoracic surgery (I had no plans to becoming an OB/GYN.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 07:34:59 PM »
An older cousin of mine once had a talk with me, waaay back when I actually thought I could go to medical school.  The gist of it was this:  "Whatever you do, do not become an OB/GYN--I've seen hundreds of women who do not keep themselves clean.  You would not want to have to deal with the smell day after day."  I told her that I wanted to go into something like cardio-thoracic surgery (I had no plans to becoming an OB/GYN.)
I was in charge of doing the well woman exams on a LHD (slightly smaller than a carrier). It wasn't to bad until the deck department showed up. :puke:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 07:46:07 PM »
Sounds like someone didn't get the script they wanted....
I believe someone is reading DUmmy Muriel's mind.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 11:46:26 PM »
I believe someone is reading DUmmy Muriel's mind.
That's scary....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 07:04:02 AM »
Okay, I just checked, Tuesday morning, circa 7:00 a.m. central time, 6:00 a.m. mountain time.

No primitive's been to this bonfire yet, to ask the Muriel Humphrey primitive what it's all about.

I'll bet there's a story behind it, but as long as no primitive inquires, we'll never know.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 07:54:34 AM »
All the offices have Fox NEws on in the waiting room.
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 08:27:23 AM »
I think Ree hit the nail on the head.  Either that, or everybody didn't drop everything they were doing to address her concerns and complaints over the sniffles or a sore throat or something. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 08:45:17 AM »
mopinko   (1000+ posts)             Tue Jul-07-09 09:20 AM
Response to Original message
1. +1

is pretty much all i can say. in the midst of one more stab at figuring out wtf is wrong with me, and got the youngest lined up for a slew of shit as well. makin my skin crawl. and my head hurt.

Just one rambling meaningless reply so far, but mopinko doesn't ask the pertinent question.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 09:20:28 AM »
Just one rambling meaningless reply so far, but mopinko doesn't ask the pertinent question.

If the mopinko primitive doesn't know what's wrong with her, at her age, she's got a real problem, a bigger problem than I had assumed.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: Muriel Humphrey primitive hates physicians (update 07-07)
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 03:22:28 PM »
Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-07-09 03:34 PM
Response to Original message

2. I just got out of the hospital after 4 days of being treated for septic shock so I'm feeling pretty grateful right now.

I ran into one asshole hotshot intern and am seriously considering getting him written up. It's a writeup that could adjust his attitude now so he won't get sued in the future, because that's just where the guy is headed.

The rest of them, every single one of them, were absolutely wonderful to me. They all knew I was uninsured and they all made sure I had the proper paperwork to soften the blow.

Had it not been for my former colleagues, I'd be dead by now.

That is all.

Oops, first an eyeball operation in March and now, septic shock.

One wonders what the warped primitive was up to, to catch septic shock.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 03:26:49 PM »
Oops, first an eyeball operation in March and now, septic shock.

One wonders what the warped primitive was up to, to catch septic shock.

Wasn't that something associated with leaving tampons in place too long? :fuelfire:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »
Wasn't that something associated with leaving tampons in place too long? :fuelfire:

Actually, I had to go look it up, "septic shock."

I had a vague idea, but needed a sharper idea.

I'm no physician, but now I'm wondering if the warped primitive weakened herself by not taking in copious amounts of milk, cream, butter, cheese in her diet.

She alleges to be allergic to those things, but we all know that's hypochondrial.

The warped primitive is odd; she's "allergic" to things good for her, and not allergic to things bad for her.

Just a really odd coincidence.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
Septic shock is extremely dangerous, and often a death sentence.  A co-worker's daughter died of it suddenly.  Young and healthy, a new mother, and dead as a doornail in 20 minutes.  So sad. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »
Septic shock is extremely dangerous, and often a death sentence.  A co-worker's daughter died of it suddenly.  Young and healthy, a new mother, and dead as a doornail in 20 minutes.  So sad. 

Yeah, that's why I wondered how the warped primitive got it.

I don't want anything to happen to the warped primitive.

If it happens to the skumbag primitive or the dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher or the high fructose corn syrup primitive, I wouldn't care.

I consider the warped primitive a friend; I have no idea, absolutely no idea, why the feeling's not reciprocated, but there you have it; some people just don't like nice guys.

I suspect the warped primitive first got her system, her body, weakened by non-intake of dairy products good for her, and then did something else that took advantage of a weakened unhealthy body.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 04:22:44 PM »
The rest of them, every single one of them, were absolutely wonderful to me. They all knew I was uninsured and they all made sure I had the proper paperwork to soften the blow.

Wait a minute! This DUmmy should be dead as a doornail, or a mackerel, or the round red one. Since we don't have free medical care for all, and she has not bothered to obtain insurance, our system should have allowed her to curl up and die outside the hospital door. Right? But noooo! She spends half her time in the hospital, receiving lavish care for every complaint.

Maybe she will start a thread describing how she has arranged to pay her bill.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 04:30:27 PM »
My father died from septic shock - aka MRSA and staph infection - after having surgery.  It is almost always a death sentence yet warpy spent four days in the hospital and now warpy is back online talking about it?  I don't believe that for a minute.

:bs:

It's not a quick death, either.  Organs and body systems slowly shut down. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 04:35:21 PM »
Wait a minute! This DUmmy should be dead as a doornail, or a mackerel, or the round red one. Since we don't have free medical care for all, and she has not bothered to obtain insurance, our system should have allowed her to curl up and die outside the hospital door. Right? But noooo! She spends half her time in the hospital, receiving lavish care for every complaint.

Maybe she will start a thread describing how she has arranged to pay her bill.

You know, now I'm starting to wonder about something.

It all seems so suspicious.

The warped primitive is a registered nurse; one doesn't know that for sure in real life, but the warped primitive has credibility, and so one believes her when she says she's a registered nurse, as compared with some, uh, other "nurses" on Skins's island.

The warped primitive was a nurse in Massachusetts, and then out of the blue suddenly moved to the mountains of New Mexico.  Since the warped primitive is, as of this writing, either 59 or 60 years old, with lots of working life left in her yet, one would reasonably expect the warped primitive to take out a New Mexico license to practice her profession.

Apparently the warped primitive hasn't--as betrayed by her lack of medical insurance--and so now one is wondering why.  Registered nursing is a high-income job, and surely the warped primitive "invested" so much of her time, hopes, and trouble into becoming one, that she'd be reluctant to just drop it.

One is now beginning to wonder if the warped primitive, when back home in Massachusetts, was intaking some, uh, prescription drugs intended for patients.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 04:51:36 PM »
You know, now I'm starting to wonder about something.

It all seems so suspicious.

The warped primitive is a registered nurse; one doesn't know that for sure in real life, but the warped primitive has credibility, and so one believes her when she says she's a registered nurse, as compared with some, uh, other "nurses" on Skins's island.

The warped primitive was a nurse in Massachusetts, and then out of the blue suddenly moved to the mountains of New Mexico.  Since the warped primitive is, as of this writing, either 59 or 60 years old, with lots of working life left in her yet, one would reasonably expect the warped primitive to take out a New Mexico license to practice her profession.

Apparently the warped primitive hasn't--as betrayed by her lack of medical insurance--and so now one is wondering why.  Registered nursing is a high-income job, and surely the warped primitive "invested" so much of her time, hopes, and trouble into becoming one, that she'd be reluctant to just drop it.

One is now beginning to wonder if the warped primitive, when back home in Massachusetts, was intaking some, uh, prescription drugs intended for patients.
Easy. Hospitals test all perspective nurses for recreational pharmaceuticals and burning inhaled plants now. I don't know of any primitives that could pass a drug test.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 08:32:19 PM »
Easy. Hospitals test all perspective nurses for recreational pharmaceuticals and burning inhaled plants now. I don't know of any primitives that could pass a drug test.

Well, regrettably, I'm going to have to view the warped primitive with a more jaundiced eye now.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 09:11:11 PM »

Was I right?   The stirrups never lie... :rotf: I crack myself up..... :lmao: