Author Topic: Lots of nervous laughter going on at the DUmp.  (Read 9673 times)

Offline DULurkster

• Just Off Probation
  • Call DULurkster bad names... he hates that.
Re: Lots of nervous laughter going on at the DUmp.
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2009, 06:22:11 PM »
R____Paul? Ya gots to be kiddin!

Oh - oh. I'd better keep my admiration of P_Buchannan on the down low 'round here. :???:
"...a little rebellion now and then is a good thing. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."
-- Benjamin Franklin

What you don't know won't hurt you. It'll kill you. -- Maj. Gen. Gerald Prather (U.S.A.F., retired)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2009, 06:53:37 PM »
Ronbots would probably be more comfortable over at the other place, with the furries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2009, 10:48:22 PM »
Ronbots would probably be more comfortable over at the other place, with the furries.

Ain't that the truth. Aparently Lurkster doesn't know this site was birthed because of Paulsters.

Buchannan as far as I know has not caused the crap the R___paulers did at CU.

As far as your hero R___Paul goes, he has a few policies I agree with, but when we get to National Security, he's a frikkin' ZERO!!!!!!!!

The same cannot be said about Pat!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DULurkster

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2009, 01:49:31 AM »
Ain't that the truth. Aparently Lurkster doesn't know this site was birthed because of Paulsters.

Sorry, didn't know R_Paul was a tender subject here.

I wouldn't say I'm a Ronbot, but I admire his views on American Liberty and Free Markets. 

I'd never really noticed Paul until the recent (R) primaries. When he gave his opinion on Operation Iraqi Freedom I thought he was a little wacky. I dismissed him as a serious candidte  because I thought he was some kind of wierdo fringer before the end of the primaries and I wound up supporting "the old guy." The best thing I can say "the old guy" did for us was introduce us to SP, then it seemed he and his team did nothing but trip her up at every opportunity while she worked so hard to get him elected. 

Now, the more I read RP's interviews and watch some of his speeches I'm starting to dig what he says about how we got to where we're at (economic and societal), and what might could be done to get us back to basics. He also seems to appeal to the young folks too.

As far as his views on NS, the way I understand his biggest beef is with the fact we have multiple combat ops going different places in the world with no declared war. I sometimes wonder myself about the morality of conducting military ops with "fuzzy" objectives and ever changing national opinion driven policy and expectations (not fair to our troops / not fair to innocent citizens in foreign country / and doesn't do much for our rep in the - okay I'm gonna say it -- the world community). You know, like how'd that whole "Vietnam thing" work out.

Maybe I'm being too simplistic, but if there's a reason for a war against a foreign state or axis, there should be a declaration of clearly defined articles, then, lets throw everything we need to at the ememy for a swift and punishing defeat, the plan should always be get in and out as quickly as possible, flatten their asses good, and if they're ever able to peel themselves up off the greasy stain, they'll remember not to f&ck with the US ever again. We still have troops in Bosnia, after all these years!  (peacekeeping mission). :confused: Sorry, but to me, a substansial and sustained military presence in a foreign land, especially after so many years, starts to taste a little like imperialism. (Sorry, but there I said it).

Don't get me wrong. I'm not Bush-bashing here by any means, because, back before 2003, everyone from Algore to Hillary and Bubba to J_Kerry was on the "Lets get 'im" bandwagon, regarding dickhead Saddam and his stupid WMD's, along with W (and me.)

Speaking of Bush-bashing...

Buchannan as far as I know has not caused the crap the R___paulers did at CU.

I don't know what kind of crap the r_Paulers did at CU, but Patsy's book "Day of Reckoning" was pretty much a "Bush bash" from cover to cover. Just sayin'  :whistling: That being said, I've always usually strongly agreed with Pat's opinions (except early on about Iraq, but as of late, I'm starting to think he may have been right) and think his brand of conservatism is the purest. I think W is a good man and had good intentions during his presidency, but unfortunatly some of his policies set the stage, and enabled an anomoly like King Zero to hit the ground running upon his election. Hey, but I know hindsight being 20/20 doesn't do us any good now.

ps. - I don't know how much of a R_Paul thing this is, but I'm also not digging the "militarization" of domestic LEO's we've had over the last 20-30 years either.

pss. - I hope this post doesn't make me "non grata" at CC, I like it here! :blowkiss: But since you mention it, I might could also take a looky see over to CU to see what goes on "over at the other place" as I'm not really super familiar with them.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:32:38 AM by DULurkster »
"...a little rebellion now and then is a good thing. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
--Thomas Jefferson

-- Benjamin Franklin

What you don't know won't hurt you. It'll kill you. -- Maj. Gen. Gerald Prather (U.S.A.F., retired)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2009, 01:57:24 AM »
pss. - I hope this post doesn't make me "non grata" at CC, I like it here! :blowkiss: But since you mention it, I might could also take a looky see over to CU to see what goes on "over at the other place" as I'm not really super familiar with them.
You're not going to see anything.  There was a hard drive crash that wiped out all the '08 primary/RonBot invasion, but we have some threads on the subject:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,452.0.html
http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,887.0.html
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DULurkster

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2009, 02:14:19 AM »
You're not going to see anything.  There was a hard drive crash that wiped out all the '08 primary/RonBot invasion, but we have some threads on the subject:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,452.0.html
http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,887.0.html

Thanks, but I just thought, since it's a tender subject here, if, in the future, I ever get the urge to get all RonPauly :2ndbase: I might could do it elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:18:37 AM by DULurkster »
--Thomas Jefferson

-- Benjamin Franklin

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 02:28:59 AM »
Thanks, but I just thought, since it's a tender subject here, if, in the future, I ever get the urge to get all RonPauly :2ndbase: I might could do it elsewhere.
Probably a wise choice.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »
Probably a wise choice.
Actually, it'd be much better if all Ronbots would eat shit and die.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »
Ron is like a stopped clock. He's right twice a day, but all the rest makes him useless. The nuttyness so outweighs the insight, he is a loose cannon.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2009, 03:06:44 PM »
Have you considered anger management?

Offline DULurkster

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2009, 04:29:56 PM »

Wow.
--Thomas Jefferson

-- Benjamin Franklin

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »
Have you considered anger management?

Sorry, but I can't feign tolerance for the halfwit supporters of that crackpot saboteur.
As he and the tiny sliver of his supporters who aren't halfwits realize, the only thing he has ever accomplished is to help elect democrats.
So, the world would be a better place if they would all take the advice I gave in my previous post.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2009, 04:39:42 PM »
Play nice please.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DULurkster

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »
Regarding the last few posts to this thread, I feel as though I may have been called out for offending either some other members, or the general atmosphere of the Cave. If I'm mistaken, my apologies will be forthcoming for the overreaction.

Since I have apparently unwittingly hijacked my own thread earlier, I feel compelled to reply one last time. Maybe we could move to a more appropriate forum (perhaps FC).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:06:07 PM by DULurkster »
--Thomas Jefferson

-- Benjamin Franklin

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2009, 11:59:30 PM »
lol. some cave art is just bad I guess