Author Topic: madokie: Total Bad Ass  (Read 1514 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
madokie: Total Bad Ass
« on: December 02, 2016, 05:27:01 PM »
madokie (43,134 posts)

4. I graduated from the SERE school training of the Seals and UDT

spent a tour of duty there helping in training. I'm here to tell you these guys aren't to be ****ed with. Highly trained and tough as nails and can be as mean as a junk yard dog at the same time as gentle as a new born

S. E. R. E. Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape

The toughest 6 weeks of my life. The two months in the class room leading up to that 6 weeks wasn't so bad but when we got to the beach for how to survive on our own in that environment and then to the mountains east of San Diego, Warner Springs to be exact it was no picnic. Culminated in being captured and spending a week in a prisoner of war camp that was as real by the time I was thrown in as if it was the real thing. I honestly believed it was real and if I hadn't been at that point in training I would have failed the course. I was Interrogated, tortured the whole works. Upon finishing the class and getting my certificate I stayed there for a tour in training new students
When I started the class in the classroom phase I weighted in at 168 lbs 6 ft 1 tall, when I graduated I weighted 140 pounds. To give you some idea as to what these guys/myself went though in training. I wasn't waterboarded but the Seals and UDT as well as captains to be of navy bases as well as of ships and pilots headed to Vietnam sure the hell were and it was hell. The few who broke never made it to their intended target duty stations as they were deemed unfit for that duty. In some cases they were discharged from the Navy if they ****ed up too bad.

tRump wouldn't have made it though sign in, he's such a WUSS

Navy designation for the school was FAETUPAC DET. 6

It was HELL

Not sure if they still do the same training there now but the Base is still there and in use as a training base. We had from 95 to 105 people stationed there depending on rotation with two classes every two weeks of 125 students give or take a few. It was great duty once I got though the training. I actually worked 27 hours a week for the navy. I worked at the Warner Springs Resort as a bus boy in the restaurant. Served Glen Cambell and John Wayne meals while they were filming True Grit. I'd make more in one night in tips than what the navy paid me every two weeks

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028326168#post4
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: madokie: Total Bad Ass
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 05:31:17 PM »
Is he a sock for Tim in Tib?

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 05:39:53 PM »
Is he a sock for Tim in Tib?

Well, there was no bragging about the 'world-class' model girl friend with a hot car.

So, I estimate 'madokie' is your ordinary OKIE. Part-time busboy with Navy SEAL Team training. Bah!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 05:44:56 PM »
Well, there was no bragging about the 'world-class' model girl friend with a hot car.

So, I estimate 'madokie' is your ordinary OKIE. Part-time busboy with Navy SEAL Team training. Bah!

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »
 :mental: I don't think an electric pencil sharpener could give this character a point :mental: , but I hope some one tries.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 05:56:46 PM »
It's an interesting omission, that he didn't say if 0bozo would've made it through sign-up either.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 06:40:21 PM »
madokie (43,134 posts)

<big mess of bullshit>

Suuuuure you did.   

:facepalm2:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 07:05:49 PM »
madokie (43,134 posts)

False Valor. Pretender.

I hope this gets back to you, madokie. NO ONE believes you. You are a liar.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 07:06:07 PM »
madokie (43,134 posts)

spent a tour of duty there helping in training. I'm here to tell you these guys aren't to be ****ed with. Highly trained and tough as nails and can be as mean as a junk yard dog at the same time as gentle as a new born

The toughest 6 weeks of my life. The two months in the class room leading up to that 6 weeks wasn't so bad but when we got to the beach for how to survive on our own in that environment and then to the mountains east of San Diego, Warner Springs to be exact it was no picnic. Culminated in being captured and spending a week in a prisoner of war camp that was as real by the time I was thrown in as if it was the real thing. I honestly believed it was real and if I hadn't been at that point in training I would have failed the course. I was Interrogated, tortured the whole works. Upon finishing the class and getting my certificate I stayed there for a tour in training new students
When I started the class in the classroom phase I weighted in at 168 lbs 6 ft 1 tall, when I graduated I weighted 140 pounds. To give you some idea as to what these guys/myself went though in training. I wasn't waterboarded but the Seals and UDT as well as captains to be of navy bases as well as of ships and pilots headed to Vietnam sure the hell were and it was hell. The few who broke never made it to their intended target duty stations as they were deemed unfit for that duty. In some cases they were discharged from the Navy if they ****ed up too bad.

It was HELL

::)

Not sure if they still do the same training there now but the Base is still there and in use as a training base. We had from 95 to 105 people stationed there depending on rotation with two classes every two weeks of 125 students give or take a few. It was great duty once I got though the training. I actually worked 27 hours a week for the navy. I worked at the Warner Springs Resort as a bus boy in the restaurant. Served Glen Cambell and John Wayne meals while they were filming True Grit. I'd make more in one night in tips than what the navy paid me every two weeks

:o  Uh, yeah .... sure you did.   :whatever:   :bs:

1.  SERE school was not SEAL specific.  Naval Aviators went to it, also.

2.  UDT predates and is the direct ancestor of the SEALs

3.  Funny you don't make the claim that you were a SEAL, seeing as how you went to their school   :bs: and was such a hard-charging, competent student that they made you an instructor or, did you just get detailed there on Support Duty from San Diego (likely) doing shit details (highly likely)? 

4.  So, what MOS did you hold to rate SERE School, then?

Sounds like you were pulling Mess Duty.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 08:28:29 PM »
saw this thread earlier - if this guy:

https://voterrecords.com/voter/36821475/david-maner

has a  record, I can't find it, just #049-CM 0300071. :o

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 08:51:00 PM »
saw this thread earlier - if this guy:

https://voterrecords.com/voter/36821475/david-maner

has a  record, I can't find it, just #049-CM 0300071. :o

Tess,

Remind me never to piss you off.

- Sincerely!    :-)

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 05:02:07 AM »
Sounds like a former mess hall sergeant for the Golden Knights I know who still goes around saying he was a GK. 

Offline nomad54

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 05:52:49 AM »
Looks like someone recently did a Rambo marathon.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 08:18:32 AM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HenZ4Z7w0qM[/youtube]

Madokie, is that you?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 08:50:51 AM »

You know, it's funny just how many SEAL team people are out there if you read on the internet long enough...
I've only ever met one in my entire life... sorta.
This was around 1994-95 or so when I started a job. This guy was a welder in the shop where I worked and I got to hanging around with him on breaks, lunch etc.
I'm guessing this guy was around 70 years old and was retired from the Navy... Jim was his name and I can't for the life of me remember his last name. He had some incredible stories, his job was doing underwater repair and demolition work. He never claimed to be a SEAL, he called it BUDS.
He was one of the most interesting people I've ever met in my life. He had some of the funniest damn stories I've ever heard, and I fully believed all of them, he just wasn't the kind of guy to make stuff up. This guy had traveled the planet. I think I remember him telling me he was in for over 30 years. He never told me a single combat story, they were all shenanigans and details about the mundane work they had to do. They did everything from raise sunken ships to welding temporary patches underwater. He was basically the grunt work for the engineers. They even worked with other countries and their military to do that sort of engineering work.
He up and disappeared one day and never came back to work. I don't know if he had a medical issue or what, but I really missed that guy. He was a one of a kind character. He was from the general area of Lafayette Indiana, although I'm not certain where he lived, exactly.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 11:22:49 AM »
I went through the Warner Springs SERE training in 1966, and it wasn't nearly as arduous as what DUmmyokie described.
This too shall pass.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »
98ZJUSMC, you are on the right track, the things the DUmmies post, while not necessarily technically false, are constructed in a way to make the truth sound a whole lot better than it actually is, and convey a much grander impression than the bare factual bones would allow.

He never actually says he was a SEAL or UDT or sent there in advance of a war zone posting.  In fact why he was there at all is pretty vague.  His statement that he would have failed 'If he wasn't a trainee' is really mysterious, because the trainees sent to a military school are obviously the only people who can possibly flunk out of it at all. 

What I get from it was that he was there for some special reason, perhaps something as simple as the school needing some gofers short-term, perhaps TDY from some parent installation where he was a trainee holding over for some reason like the start of an A school cycle, an injury, or UCMJ action.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 01:11:54 PM »
98ZJUSMC, you are on the right track, the things the DUmmies post, while not necessarily technically false, are constructed in a way to make the truth sound a whole lot better than it actually is, and convey a much grander impression than the bare factual bones would allow.

He never actually says he was a SEAL or UDT or sent there in advance of a war zone posting.  In fact why he was there at all is pretty vague.  His statement that he would have failed 'If he wasn't a trainee' is really mysterious, because the trainees sent to a military school are obviously the only people who can possibly flunk out of it at all. 

What I get from it was that he was there for some special reason, perhaps something as simple as the school needing some gofers short-term, perhaps TDY from some parent installation where he was a trainee holding over for some reason like the start of an A school cycle, an injury, or UCMJ action.

Still needs to be Shipley-d.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 01:30:53 PM »
madokie (43,134 posts)

It was HELL

I call BS!  :bs:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »
Sounds like a former mess hall sergeant for the Golden Knights I know who still goes around saying he was a GK.
Probably a guy who walked into a VFW by accident once, meant to go to the gay bar one block up.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Nobody Expects

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2016, 11:18:41 AM »
You know, it's funny just how many SEAL team people are out there if you read on the internet long enough...

I bet I've met at least 200 SEALS in various drinking establishments. :o

I've only ever met one in my entire life... sorta.

I do know two real ones. One is currently active duty, the other a retired CPO. Both ultra normal, very low key guys. You would never guess that they are as badass as badass gets.
Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! ...Oh, damn ...Um, I'll come in again.