Author Topic: Obama And That Other Ponzi Scheme  (Read 3343 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Obama And That Other Ponzi Scheme
« on: December 31, 2008, 04:43:49 PM »
DECEMBER 31--As if being linked to one high-profile criminal case weren't enough, President-elect Barack Obama's name may soon pop up in another federal prosecution, this one involving a massive Ponzi scheme (no, the other massive Ponzi scheme). In addition to the Rod Blagojevich pay-for-play probe, Obama could figure in the upcoming fraud trial of Norman Hsu, the disgraced Democratic fundraiser who was charged last year with operating a $60 million pyramid scheme.  ...  Hsu co-hosted a 2005 California fundraiser for Obama's political action committee and introduced the Illinois Democrat to Marc Gorenberg, a Silicon Valley venture capitalist who later joined the Obama campaign's national finance committee. Prosecutors allege that Hsu directed his investors to donate money to specific candidates, and then reimbursed them in violation of federal campaign laws.  ...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1231082hsu1.html

Heh.  Hope, change and popcorn.  :popcorn:

Offline thundley4

Re: Obama And That Other Ponzi Scheme
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »
I'm sure that Obama gave all that money back or donated it to some charity.  Maybe he gave it to Hilary to help pay her campaign debts, after all she had gotten some money from the same source.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 06:15:53 AM »
I wondered when the other Hsu would drop. Sorry! Bad pun! Seriously, I wondered when because its been ages since he's been in the news.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 07:48:14 AM »
I wondered when the other Hsu would drop. Sorry! Bad pun! Seriously, I wondered when because its been ages since he's been in the news.

Sneak it in with all the other scandals an noone notices.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.