Author Topic: Post Election Depression: How To Cope  (Read 2166 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Post Election Depression: How To Cope
« on: November 05, 2008, 09:27:38 AM »
http://www.abcnews.go.com/print?id=6181655

Oh my.

Helpful hints.

It's over. Nov. 5 has come, and no matter whom you were rooting for, many political animals say the day after an election can bring on a special sort of blues. The bored kind.

"It's almost kind of a surreal feeling. For us, it's like going 90 mph to nothing. You're working 20- to 22-hour days with no sleep, nothing to eat. By the time you wake up the next day, you're just trying to figure out what happened," said Sarah Huckabee, who worked as a senior aide during the presidential campaign of her father, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

When her father's campaign ended during the Republican primaries, Huckabee said she felt more than a sense of loss.....

Several hints, but the best one:

"I think the biggest thing is to look at the silver lining, and look at the impact that you may have had on local races, or on a particular issue," she said.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ScubaGuy

Re: Post Election Depression: How To Cope
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »
I did the same thing today that I've done on the morning after every election.

Pour a cup of coffee, read the news and think "I hope he doesn't f*** things up too bad".

The sad part about elections is that whoever wins we still end up with a politician in charge.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 09:43:39 AM »
I have been depressed for several weeks over the whole election. Worried, wondering what was going to happen next, and the hate that has been so prevalent has eaten away at me.

Last night when Fox announced Obama as the winner....I was just numb.

Even though I expected it....I just really had hope that people would look beyond the color of his skin, the "historic nature" of electing a black man....and see him for who and what he was. Question the unknowns and ponder better over the knowns.

It didn't happen.

Today...I ache.

My heart aches....my brain aches....almost like I hit a brick wall.

I will eat chocolate.

I will take heart in the fact that my family and friends are healthy and employed.

I will....like most everyone I know....keep the faith and continue on.....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:47:55 AM »
I know thigs are still ok today and will be for at least a couple of months.

When I will start to worry is once he is officially sworn in and he can officially strt putting his plan into operation.

Like I've said before...I lived through Clinton mucking up the military...God only knows what The Rookie will do.

A weakening of the military by The Rookie automatically starts to make me worry about the safety and welbeing of my immediate family as well as that of my extended family...my soldiers.

Which means my stress level will really be up by march timeframe.

Man my birthday will suck this year. :(
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »

after bush lost to clinton in 92, I gave up TV for a year.  seriously.  first of all, I held the MSM mostly responsible, but also I couldn't stand to watch the orgasmic clintonistas crowing about what they were going to do to the country.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:14:37 AM »
after bush lost to clinton in 92, I gave up TV for a year.  seriously.  first of all, I held the MSM mostly responsible, but also I couldn't stand to watch the orgasmic clintonistas crowing about what they were going to do to the country.

This time they will do what they wanted to do then.

Hide your guns and bullets.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Woody

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »

The sad part about elections is that whoever wins we still end up with a politician in charge.

Hi-5 for that quote... 

My solution?  I'm buying some (more) guns, getting my CHL, and going to the range.  Gotta exercise those freedoms before they disappear.
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »
Helpful hints.

Several hints, but the best one:

Punch a liberal?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford