Author Topic: World hopes for a 'less arrogant America'  (Read 4385 times)

Offline jtyangel

World hopes for a 'less arrogant America'
« on: November 04, 2008, 11:49:11 AM »
Apparently being attacked on your own soil, doing something in retaliation and being proactive against future attacks is now considered 'arrogant'.  :whatever: What a bunch of sissies!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081104/ap_on_el_pr/us_elections_world_view

BERLIN – The world was riveted by the election drama unfolding Tuesday in the United States, inspired by Barack Obama or simply relieved that — whoever wins — the Bush administration was coming to an end.

From Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to the small town of Obama, Japan, the globe geared up to celebrate a fresh start for America.

In Germany, where more than 200,000 flocked to see Obama this summer as he moved to burnish his foreign policy credentials during a trip to the Middle East and Europe, the election dominated television ticker crawls, newspaper headlines and Web sites.

Hundreds of thousands prepared to party through the night to watch the outcome of an election having an impact far beyond America's shores. Among the more irreverent festivities planned in Paris: a "Goodbye George" party to bid farewell to Bush.

"Like many French people, I would like Obama to win because it would really be a sign of change," said Vanessa Doubine, shopping Tuesday on the Champs-Elysees. "I deeply hope for America's image that it will be Obama."
:whatever: I deeply hope for France's image they start wearing deoderant and bathing regularly.

Europeans had a sense of the momentous change that was about to unfold, whether the winner was Obama or Republican John McCain.

"America is electing a new president, but for the Germans, for Europeans, it is electing the next world leader," said Alexander Rahr, director of the German Council on Foreign Relations.

"We see new challenges coming up, not only Islamic extremism, but a newly resurgent Russia, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea — everywhere there are fires," he said. "And we, as Europeans, can't solve these problems without America. A world without American leadership is, for most Europeans, a world of chaos."Germany's mass-circulation daily Bild lionized the Republican as "the War Hero" and running mate Sarah Palin as "the Beautiful Unknown."
Oh look, someone with some sense in Europe and it's a German--couldn't be because Germany can remember a day when a fraud was able to sway the populace and ended up killing millions? hmmm

In Berlin, Republicans Abroad organized a "November Surprise Election Party" to watch live "how the Republican ticket McCain/Palin comes from behind and leaves the 'liberal elite media' in Europe and the United States puzzled."

In much of the Islamic world, Muslims expressed hope that the U.S. would seek compromise rather than confrontation.

Yeah compromise in a good portion of the Muslim world means total conversion to Islam and Sharia law. **** that!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:53:06 AM by jtyangel »

Offline lastparker

Re: World hopes for a 'less arrogant America'
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 12:20:20 PM »
BERLIN – The world was riveted by the election drama unfolding Tuesday in the United States, inspired by Barack Obama or simply relieved that — whoever wins — the Bush administration was coming to an end.

From Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to the small town of Obama, Japan, the globe geared up to celebrate a fresh start for America.

huh.

Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »
Meanwhile, America hopes for a less-stupid world.  Preferably one without disaffected Muslims in it.

:bird:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »
A less arrogant America?  Have these idiots listened to Obama talking about renegotiating trade treaties and imposing tariffs on imports?  WTF are they thinking?

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 12:32:01 PM »
The world can kiss my  :censored:. :bird:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 12:32:52 PM »
Meanwhile, America hopes for a less-stupid world.

Agreed.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 02:43:59 PM »
**** them.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 02:58:19 PM »
Regarding Germany, let's not forget that we're pouring substantially less money into that country than we did, say in 1989 when we had approximately 3 times the number of U.S. personnel in that country spending money, paying rent, eating schnitzels, drinking beer than we now do.

Now with two more combat divisions coming back to the States in the next couple years (1AD and 1ID), Germany could be feeling the pinch of abandonment.

In my 14+ years in Germany, I remember well over 200,000 men and women in uniform there. Currently, it's about 70,000 and when the two divisions return to the States, it'll reduce even further to about 35,000.

Kinda wonderin' what they're gonna do with the facilities at Garmisch-Patenkirchen, Chiemsee, and Berchtesgaden......
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »
Obama won't be arrogant if he's elected?????

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 03:22:59 PM »
"Everyone" knows that "arrogant American = self-reliant, individualistic and uplholding Judeo-Christian mores" to the rest of the "world citizens".
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 03:47:04 PM »
Apparently being attacked on your own soil, doing something in retaliation and being proactive against future attacks is now considered 'arrogant'.   What a bunch of sissies!

I think it's more that the US refused to obey the demands of a pathetic bunch of powerless flyspeck countries that are desperate to assert their relevance on the world stage.

Secondly, for Eurotards to be calling Americans "arrogant" is the most blatant bunch of "pot calling kettle" I've seen.

The frogs, for example are the most arrogant species on earth by such a wide margin that they're never going to be eclipsed.

Thirdly, they're non-voters so their opinion counts for exactly shit.

Offline Manbearpig

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Worf is so fierce...
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 10:59:21 PM »
**** the world.  What they think is meaningless.
Hey Obama...

"We think you're a joke
Shove your hope
Where it don't shine..."

-- "Shove It" by Santogold

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 11:12:53 PM »
When they [The Euroweenies] get terrorist striking them on their soil, they really think America with Barack as CinC is going to help them? It's almost hilarious if it weren't sad.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 12:12:47 AM »
Major Attack inside of 90 days of when the new fuhrer takes office.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 12:14:47 AM »
Regarding Germany, let's not forget that we're pouring substantially less money into that country than we did, say in 1989 when we had approximately 3 times the number of U.S. personnel in that country spending money, paying rent, eating schnitzels, drinking beer than we now do.

Now with two more combat divisions coming back to the States in the next couple years (1AD and 1ID), Germany could be feeling the pinch of abandonment.

In my 14+ years in Germany, I remember well over 200,000 men and women in uniform there. Currently, it's about 70,000 and when the two divisions return to the States, it'll reduce even further to about 35,000.

Kinda wonderin' what they're gonna do with the facilities at Garmisch-Patenkirchen, Chiemsee, and Berchtesgaden......

Sometimes, I think Europeans like Fascism and statism.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 12:23:31 AM »
Sometimes, I think Europeans like Fascism and statism.

Well, as of today, so do Americans.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 12:30:38 AM »
Well, as of today, so do Americans.

You are right. People FEEL SO ENTITLED to everything, like job or college. I am so sick and tired of this "entitlement mentality" in America. It is tied to the "self-esteem" garbage. It's what got us into this mess. I find nanny statism more dangerous than Fascism or Communism because people accept, while the other two, it is done by force.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 12:35:25 AM »
You are right. People FEEL SO ENTITLED to everything, like job or college. I am so sick and tired of this "entitlement mentality" in America. It is tied to the "self-esteem" garbage. It's what got us into this mess. I find nanny statism more dangerous than Fascism or Communism because people accept, while the other two, it is done by force.
The 60's ponytail liberal takeover of the school system bore its fruit today.

I am starting to think maybe I should just hide all my 401K money somewhere and just get on the ****ing dole, like the new fuhrer's aunt.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 12:37:21 AM »
The 60's ponytail liberal takeover of the school system bore its fruit today.

I am starting to think maybe I should just hide all my 401K money somewhere and just get on the ******* dole, like the new fuhrer's aunt.

The 1960s was a wasted decade.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »

I know, and I am disgusted that so many Americans seem to be that way now. Whatever happened to "What can you do for your country?" ?

Seems those people didn't make it to the polls today

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 12:41:35 AM »
I know, and I am disgusted that so many Americans seem to be that way now. Whatever happened to "What can you do for your country?" ?

Seems those people didn't make it to the polls today

The new American Citizen: "I have no idea what change is, but even if it costs me my job I will vote for it."

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 01:24:20 AM »
"The World" can suck it...............and we can save the money-shot for France.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 01:35:29 AM »
"The World" can suck it...............and we can save the money-shot for France.

FIGHT *******it FIGHT.

We can NOT allow this ****ing commie to take over our land.  FIGHT HIM AT EVERY TURN!!!!

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 01:54:55 AM »
FIGHT damnit FIGHT.

We can NOT allow this ******* commie to take over our land.  FIGHT HIM AT EVERY TURN!!!!
Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of economic power. I don't own a business or anything. The best I can do is look at the new tax rates and adjust Mrs. Tantal's work hours accordingly to keep us in a lower bracket. If we conservatives cut back on our spending......or earning, we can strangle this administration of the cash that they've been promising everyone.

I actually heard an Obama supporter being interviewed today. She said "I've been wondering how I'm going to afford gas in my car and pay the mortgage. I hope Obama wins so I won't have to worry anymore." These nutjobs actually think the new Fuhrer is going to pay their mortgage for them and put gas in the tank. Boy, are they going to be dissappointed.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 02:02:20 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of economic power. I don't own a business or anything. The best I can do is look at the new tax rates and adjust Mrs. Tantal's work hours accordingly to keep us in a lower bracket. If we conservatives cut back on our spending......or earning, we can strangle this administration of the cash that they've been promising everyone.

I actually heard an Obama supporter being interviewed today. She said "I've been wondering how I'm going to afford gas in my car and pay the mortgage. I hope Obama wins so I won't have to worry anymore." These nutjobs actually think the new Fuhrer is going to pay their mortgage for them and put gas in the tank. Boy, are they going to be dissappointed.

That quote is a classic -- and yes, they will be disappointed when they find out all that free money ain't gonna happen, even with a commie facist like the new fuhrer.