Author Topic: Hussien to "cut capitol gains on investments in small businesses"  (Read 1498 times)

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
removed
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:33:12 PM by BadCat »
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Hussien to "cut capitol gains on investments in small businesses"
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:51:33 PM »
Hussien is an idiot. 

+1.

If I remember right, didn't Rush also illustrate that most of the small businesses Hussein's "Capital Gains tax cut" would target - are already not subject to capital gains taxes?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 03:09:46 PM »
I guess when you're a "community organizer", you don't need to know jack shit about how to run a business.  Just wave your hand and magically it spews revenue.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 03:51:32 PM »
Yes.  And the fact that small businesses are not listed on any stock exchanges makes it pretty hard to invest in them unless you're pals with the owner(s).

Or your friendly, neighborhood gubmint bureaucrat starts "investing" in 'em the same way they been "investing" in these financial giants that are "too big to fail"...  :banghead:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »
Small Businesses do pay capital gains taxes. That is if they don't take steps to avoid a capital gain such as selling as offset to acapital loss or deferring payment on a gain such as equity investment.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Jim

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
utter nonsense but it certainly sounds good if you're you're an ignorant lib.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »
Yes.  And the fact that small businesses are not listed on any stock exchanges makes it pretty hard to invest in them unless you're pals with the owner(s).

I'm a small business owner.  Anyone wanting to "invest" would be most welcome. 
"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny."
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.demaristransportation.com

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 07:49:26 PM »
It sounds like he's trying to convince the "moderate masses" that he's not the rabid, anti-capitalist Neo-Bolshevik the eeeeee-vil money grubbers in the McCain camp would have them believe - never mind the fact that the linguini spines in the campaign of the next noodle in chief would never make such a "divisive" assertion, and most moderates have their heads too firmly ummmm.... in the sand (yeah, that's the ticket; that's what I meant to say...) to hear it, if someone were  to make such an assertion.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 07:53:13 PM »
I'm a small business owner.  Anyone wanting to "invest" would be most welcome. 

The Investment isn't into the business per se. You as a small business owner could sell an asset at a profit and as such a portion of the sale proceeds would be subject to capital gains tax. Now you can defer that tax by Investing in the stock market, or in Tax terms, an equity investment. That is current tax law . I dunno what Nobama has planned
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 08:14:10 PM »
He said he would cut the capital gains tax for people INVESTING in small businesses.

Could be a matter of semantics. I dunno. As a small business owner you could sell an asset and certain portions of the sales proceeds become subject to capital gains tax. Now again that tax can be deferred by Reinvesting into the company.

For example you sell a vehicle that you have depreciated to basically nothing. A large portion of the sales proceeds may be subject to capital gains. You can defer payment by purchasing another vehicle. You can technically defer Capital gains into perpetuity but eventually the piper gets paid & to do so business assets may have to be liquidated.

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 10:09:16 PM »
I don't know what kind of return I can guarantee on your investment.  It might go toward equipment, or my wife's next pair of shoes.  Since diesel prices aren't dropping as fast as gas, it will probably end up in the fuel tank. 
"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny."
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.demaristransportation.com