Author Topic: 'They're taking over' Antioch neighborhood fed up with rabbit problem  (Read 125420 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
'They're taking over' Antioch neighborhood fed up with rabbit problem
http://www.ktvu.com/news/-they-re-taking-over-antioch-neighborhood-fed-up-with-rabbit-problem

ANTIOCH, Calif. (KTVU) - Darrell Stovall didn't think his first year in retirement he'd turn into the neighborhood bunny catcher – but that's how he spends a good chunk of his time these days. "Call me Elmer Fudd!" said Stovall. "I've been trapping them."

Stovall says one of his neighbors in the Almondridge area of Antioch had a pair of rabbits, kept as pets. They let them breed. Soon there were three, then four, and at one point, 14. Now, they roam and hop freely through the street.

"They're taking over. They are destructive," said Stovall. "They dig into the yard. And they dig for the roots. So they dig down deep."

Proof humans have capitulated to ptarmigan hating rabbits.  :mad: :argh:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Rockntractor

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: 'They're taking over' Antioch neighborhood fed up with rabbit problem
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 07:53:22 PM »
You haven't lived until you have had butter-basted grouse with rabbit, grouse, and carrots.
Burp!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: 'They're taking over' Antioch neighborhood fed up with rabbit problem
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 10:14:15 AM »
Yeah, I think I’d be doing some serious hunting. I love rabbit. Probably be a good opportunity to make some bucks selling butchered rabbit.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen