Author Topic: Give them an inch and they will steal a mile. Soph0571  (Read 648 times)

Online CC27

Give them an inch and they will steal a mile. Soph0571
« on: November 12, 2019, 08:03:47 AM »
Soph0571 (5,612 posts)

Give them an inch and they will steal a mile.

We know that the decision to hold the referendum in 2016 was an attempt to appease a bunch of far-right racists on the back benches – now the ERG – and hold the tory party together cause power over everything. These far-right liars sold the Big Brexit Lie to a bunch of poorly educated xenophobic leavers, persuading them that Johnny Foreigner is to blame for the ills of the land and in the process made the far right ‘respectable’ in the national landscape. The problem with appeasement and the far right… it never works. Give them an inch and they will steal a mile. And they have stolen plenty at this point. This tory party, under Johnson, is clearly very comfortable in this space, but what about labour? They are chasing the same votes in this co-hort of leavers, how far down the line will they go to appease them? There is a test there I think, for this labour party, under Corbyn, during this election... Time will tell.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/108818187

Your point is what? All i see is a bunch of babble.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:33:28 AM by CC27 »

Offline Muddling 2

Re: Give them an inch and they will steal a mile. Soph0571
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 08:23:59 AM »
That's the Left for you.  They're all in favor of letting the people decide, until they decide the "wrong" thing.  Then it's revote, revote, revote until they get the result that they like; at which time the matter is permanently settled.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 12:12:43 PM »
That's the Left for you.  They're all in favor of letting the people decide, until they decide the "wrong" thing.  Then it's revote, revote, revote until they get the result that they like; at which time the matter is permanently settled.

Isn't that the truth. You nailed it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 04:08:52 PM »
Maybe you need t owrite to the queen or prince charlie and have some heads lopped off. As far as I am concerned it is none of my bidness. :loser: :loser: :loser: :bird: :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!