Author Topic: It's Friday Night...what are you up to??  (Read 6100 times)

Offline Flame

It's Friday Night...what are you up to??
« on: January 04, 2008, 06:59:57 PM »
I'm sitting here, watching the tube, and surfing a bit.

When Mr Flame gets home from picking the irl child up from dance, we might watch a movie and pop a bottle of wine, but that's over an hour away.

Anyone have me any fun plans??

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: It's Friday Night...what are you up to??
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 07:02:31 PM »
On the PC with Everybody Loves Raymond in the Background.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »

When Mr Flame gets home from picking the irl child up from dance, we might watch a movie and pop a bottle of wine, but that's over an hour away.

Putting the kids to bed soon! argh...surfing, not sure what's on in the background...oh and reading the class syllabus-- :uhsure:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 07:05:02 PM »
Going out for a night time walk in a few,then surfing around the computer and TV.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 07:05:48 PM »
Kids are in bed, wife's at work 'til 8 a.m., O'Reilly is in the background.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 07:05:59 PM »

Putting the kids to bed soon! argh...surfing, not sure what's on in the background...oh and reading the class syllabus-- :uhsure:

1 down, but my 8 yo gets to stay up 'till 8:30   :(
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »

1 down, but my 8 yo gets to stay up 'till 8:30   :(

All 3 of mine are up...10 yr old will be up the latest until about 930...putting the boys to bed in about 1/2 an hour

Offline Flame

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 07:09:21 PM »
mine are still up...the girl child doesn't get done with dance til 9:00, so she won't hit bed til 10 or so.  I'll kick the boys to bed in about an hour.

Bedtime goes pretty smoothly around here, always has, so I'm thankful!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 07:10:58 PM »
Just hanging out online, waiting for the washer and dryer to finish.  I'm trying to get all my things together for the 4 hour drive to Savannah on Monday.

Got insurance transferred to the new car (and my monthly payment went up  :censored:) earlier today.  

All my books and such are ready to go.  Now for the clothes, shoes, shampoo and other toiletries.  Laptop and Zune will be last minute items to be packed up.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 07:12:17 PM »
mine are still up...the girl child doesn't get done with dance til 9:00, so she won't hit bed til 10 or so.  I'll kick the boys to bed in about an hour.

We had about a year of the worst possible bedtime behavioral problems that you can imagine from my oldest a few yrs ago. 

Now bedtime is very smoth - weekdays it's in bed by 7:30 and they are typically both asleep by 8.   :newyear:
nine eleven is a car

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »

We had about a year of the worst possible bedtime behavioral problems that you can imagine from my oldest a few yrs ago. 

Now bedtime is very smoth - weekdays it's in bed by 7:30 and they are typically both asleep by 8.   :newyear:

I hate you all! LOL

If I put mine to bed that early, they'd be up by 3 in the morning!

They need very little sleep...my 10 year old probably sleeps the most, but she's always beena good sleeper. My boys..forgetaboutit

Offline Flame

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »
My boys are early risers, no matter what time they go to bed, although they ARE getting better at sleeping in.
My 7 yr old is usually up by 7 every day, no matter what.  He scared the crap outta me over Christmas break when he was sick.  I woke up at9, and he was still asleep!  I had to go check and see if he as still breathing, because he's NEVER in bed that late!

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »

I hate you all! LOL

They need very little sleep...my 10 year old probably sleeps the most, but she's always beena good sleeper. My boys..forgetaboutit

My 8 yo will sleep straight through to 7:00, the "baby" (4 next week) usually wakes up once a night for a cpl minutes - then right back to sleep
nine eleven is a car

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 07:25:29 PM »
My boys are early risers, no matter what time they go to bed, although they ARE getting better at sleeping in.
My 7 yr old is usually up by 7 every day, no matter what.  He scared the crap outta me over Christmas break when he was sick.  I woke up at9, and he was still asleep!  I had to go check and see if he as still breathing, because he's NEVER in bed that late!

j

Our boys get up every night...first one, then the other and find one of us

They usually go right back to sleep, but it gets annoying.

I think one is because of his autism and the other is well, 3...with them both in the same room it is difficult to teach the 3 year old good sleeping habits. He doesn't understand his brother doesn't always behave properly :banghead:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »

I hate you all! LOL

My 8 yo will sleep straight through to 7:00, the "baby" (4 next week) usually wakes up once a night for a cpl minutes - then right back to sleep

You lucky bastage! OH well for what we don't get blessed with in sleep, my other half gets a dirty talker :uhsure:

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 07:26:56 PM »

I've had those mornings.     :(
nine eleven is a car

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 07:39:15 PM »
I'm home from work.  I got CSI on and I'm exhausted.  I stayed up way to late last night watching the pundits talk about Iowa.  I was crazy busy at work today too. 

I saw my boss for the first time in the 3.5 years I've worked there, get totally pissed and go off on someone.  Damn, I'm glad it wasn't me, and damn I ain't ever pissing her off.  Our warranty clerk totally screwed up and is in the shit hole for a while.

For tonight, I'm going to try and not get sucked into the internets too much tonight and go to bed a little earlier.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 11:17:40 PM »
Everyone sleeping now?

My brats are asleep and I'm not tired..sigh

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 11:31:31 PM »
Just writing and listening to heavy metal music here
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline jendf

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 11:32:25 PM »
I'll probably hit the sack soon myself. I'm beat.