Author Topic: Owned Vehicles  (Read 63684 times)

Offline ScubaGuy

Re: Owned Vehicles
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2014, 07:24:40 PM »
You have good taste.  I'll even give you points for the Caravan.

Thanks,  The Caravan seemed like a mandatory thing to do with kids.  I kept that along with the 84 RX-7 until 94 or so.

I wish I still had either the RX-7 or MGB. 

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2014, 08:32:16 PM »
Thanks,  The Caravan seemed like a mandatory thing to do with kids.  I kept that along with the 84 RX-7 until 94 or so.

I wish I still had either the RX-7 or MGB. 

I drove an 84 RX7 with the 13B once and was really impressed.  If I had the room, I would love to have one. 

I also drove a third generation TT RX7 that had been warmed over.  It's the only car I've ever driven that I feared.  Holy shit.  What made it so bad was the almost unbelievable Jekyll & Hyde personality the car had.  The car would wind out below 4500RPM like a real gentleman, even if you goosed it.  I would go so far as to say a stock Accord could possibly hole shot you until 30MPH from a stoplight- if you weren't willing to dump the clutch. 

After 4500RPM, it was all over.  ALL over.  You best be paying attention to what's going on far down the road in front of you while maintaining a white-knuckled death grip on the steering wheel, because the revs are coming at you almost faster than you could shift. 

That thing could grab you by the balls like I've never experienced before.  The two utterly extreme differences in how the car could accelerate depending on how you were driving made it a real handful. 

I'd probably give my left testicle to have that car. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2014, 08:47:32 PM »
On the bright side, you'd probably run out of gas before you died.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »
On the bright side, you'd probably run out of gas before you died.
:rofl: True.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2014, 09:43:33 PM »
HEHE good sign of a fast ride....
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2014, 06:31:34 PM »
On the subject of owned cars, I wish I could have put one of these on my list:

These (and at one time even more- this is merely what was left when I finally stopped to take a photo) were parked in front of an area pizza joint overlooking the road.  

They were all for sale, in varying conditions (although none of them were less than fair/good), and various states of originality.

We were saving to pay off our home, and so I couldn't convince myself to buy one, even though they were reasonably priced.  I really wanted one of the ones that looked mostly untouched.      
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:33:43 PM by BattleHymn »

Offline Dacabeti

• Observer of the Obvious
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2014, 02:25:08 PM »
The pics are not the actual cars

First car was a 1978 B210 - Gave away

Then a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner (frame off rebuild with my dad) - Dad sold when I joined the army (he kept the money)

The an Triumph TR250 (US version of the TR5) - sold for down payment on the Ducati

Ducati 851 Desmo - sold when I got married

Pontiac 6000 - sold

76 Firebird 400 -threw a rod

88 Chevy Celebrity wagon - sold

98 Maxima (still driving)

2005 Pontiac GTO (Holden Monaro) - sold when I caught my son doing 140MPH

2013 Fusion Hybrid (yes I have a hybrid. cant argue with the 40MPG)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:29:55 PM by Dacabeti »
My Youngest Son's Senior Year Wrestling Highlights

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." — Thomas Jefferson

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2014, 12:18:41 AM »
^I thought I just saw a 6000SUX.

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Dacabeti

• Observer of the Obvious
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2014, 07:19:34 AM »
^I thought I just saw a 6000SUX.

I hated that car, but at 19 with a wife and daughter living off an Army salary you get what you can afford.
My Youngest Son's Senior Year Wrestling Highlights

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." — Thomas Jefferson

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2014, 11:27:57 PM »
^Tried to hi5 you, but too soon. It will be a hi5 when I time out for doing your best under the circumstances while serving your country.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2014, 09:58:32 PM »
I hated that car, but at 19 with a wife and daughter living off an Army salary you get what you can afford.

Saw the Pontiac with the thrown rod...went past 6k did ya...lol I know the limit...HI5 for the service my friend and Thank You
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2015, 10:54:50 PM »
I picked up a 2014 Subby Forester a year and a half ago..  cheap. Needed head gaskets and timing belt.
Did the work and it's been hauling me to fishing holes ever since!