Author Topic: lupine ferris-wheel primitive dons aluminum hatwear  (Read 1183 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
lupine ferris-wheel primitive dons aluminum hatwear
« on: February 07, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2828134

Oh my.

The primitive whose comments remind one very much of a confused wolf sitting on a circular carnival ride.

fenriswolf  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 10:55 PM
Original message

tin foil hat time in regards to campaign money

just an occurance. So this primary and election are marked by the most expensive race ever. More money is being spent on media advertisment then ever before. That advertisment is purchased with campaign money. I was just thinking what would be the best way to insure your network raked in as much cash as possible? ergo what is the best way for people to empty out their wallets and purses as quickly as possible? make the race about cash, who has the most then put the two opponents neck and neck. both campaign have been screaming, begging and pleading for more funds from our pockets.....and it ends up in the corporate media hands.

Ever since the legendary herb primitive got demoted from being a first-tier primitive down to being merely one of the unterprimitiven, I've been scouting Skins's island for new literary talent.

I'm still contemplating the lupine ferris-wheel primitive, but he's got to improve his spelling and style.

Mezzo (1 posts)     Wed Feb-06-08 10:58 PM
Response to Original message

1. I feel the same way!

How is it possible that there are record breaking fundraising, and yet we hear how there "wasn't enough time" to get our message out? How is that possible? You had the time to raise the money, and that buys the airtime.

I just don't get it.

gateley  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 10:59 PM

2. I've heard a similar explanation. I don't think we need our tinfoil hats on this one. It made me REALLY understand how the corporate media is choosing our candidates.

We can't trust anyone anymore - it's always about the ****ing money.

FoxNewsSucks  (173 posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 11:15 PM

3. aaaaand the early primaries. . .

That much longer for the candidates to need to run ads.

I'm only surprised that the media hasn't pushed to end the Electoral College, which would require candidates to campaign in all 50 states instead of just ignoring the solid red or blue states.

But I'm sure they'll figure that out too. Maybe next cycle.

lvx35  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 11:41 PM

4. Yep, that would be it.

stillcool47  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-06-08 11:48 PM

5. Huge money laundering operation...but then again, what does our government do that isn't? Find a way to exploit everything.

I don't think the silly warm primitive quite understands the ramifications of making that statement on Skins's island; it sort of goes against the primitive gospel that government is good, that government is God.

But then the lupine ferris-wheel primitive corrects the matter:

fenriswolf  (1000+ posts)      Thu Feb-07-08 11:14 AM
Response to Reply #5

6. actually it is the corporate media that is exploiting everything.

stillcool47  (1000+ posts)       Thu Feb-07-08 01:00 PM
Response to Reply #6

7. I like the way...Norman Solomon put it..."Corporate control is not interference in the newsroom-if you own an institution you aren't interfering in it, you're running it."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: lupine ferris-wheel primitive dons aluminum hatwear
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »
I wonder how much stock the front runners and their families on both sides own in "Corporate media?"

:rotf:

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.