Author Topic: DAMN!!! Now I KNOW the Dems will win in November!  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
DAMN!!! Now I KNOW the Dems will win in November!
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:49:20 AM »
Here they go ..... winding themselves up for the November elections.  They will KNOW it was stolen because their mechanic said HE was going to vote Democrat and if HE is going to vote Democrat then EVERYONE is going to vote Democrat.   :rotf:

KansDem  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Thu Feb-07-08 11:49 AM

Original message
DAMN!!! Now I KNOW the Dems will win in November!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2829570

My wife went by our mechanic last evening to drop off a payment (yeah, he'll work with you). We've been going to this same guy for 20 years. Now, I've always thought of this guy as a kind of "good ol' boy:" Speaks with a drawl, has had this own business for decades that started in Oklahoma as a family business selling tires, and smokes like a chimney. Well, out of the blue he asks my wife, "Who are you voting for?" My wife is somewhat startled as she doesn't want to mix politics with business, so she offers a non-committal answer of "Don't know will have to wait and see?" Then he asks "How about your husband?" She gets a little braver (she knows I have a "Kerry/Edwards2004" sticker on my car that this guy has seen before) and says, "Well, at first he was for Kucinich, then Edwards, but doesn't know now." The mechanic says, "Yeah, I was for Edwards until he dropped out. Now I'm going with _______!"* My wife just about fainted! I figured this guy to be a-political at best, if not Repub. He goes on and says, "George Bush really fouled things up!"

He also has a son in the Marines, so I suspect Iraq weighs heavily on his mind.
________
*I elected not to name the Democratic candidate, but it's one of the two frontrunners. This thread is not intended to heat up emotions, but rather to offer yet another indicator that the Dems are going to win big in November!

This is just too funny.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DAMN!!! Now I KNOW the Dems will win in November!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:58:43 AM »
That primitive bonfire reminds one very much of a tennis court where the tennis balls have gotten loose, and are running, bouncing, amok all over the place.

A lot of one- and two-sentence bouncies there.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »
KansDem  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Thu Feb-07-08 11:49 AM

Well, out of the blue he asks my wife, "Who are you voting for?" My wife is somewhat startled as she doesn't want to mix politics with business, so she offers a non-committal answer of "Don't know will have to wait and see?" Then he asks "How about your husband?" She gets a little braver (she knows I have a "Kerry/Edwards2004" sticker on my car that this guy has seen before) and says, "Well, at first he was for Kucinich, then Edwards, but doesn't know now." The mechanic says, "Yeah, I was for Edwards until he dropped out. Now I'm going with _______!"* My wife just about fainted! I figured this guy to be a-political at best, if not Repub. He goes on and says, "George Bush really fouled things up!"

Ahem: 

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 12:46:39 PM »
Why is a working-class Dem such a big surprise to them?  The mindless allegience of union voters and Blacks, in return for pretty much nothing but lip service, is what has kept the Democrats going since 1960.  A whole branch of my family is a reliable Democrat voting block because they are Irish Catholics north of Chicago, lots of well-to-do trade, transportation, and public sector (fire dept., post office, etc.) employees in the mix, they are basically hereditary Democrats...not that the national Democratic Party has ever done a frickin' thing that worked to their benefit, of course.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 01:09:39 PM »
Yeah, these are bouncies but you KNOW when the election is over and we have a new Republican President ... You KNOW they will point back to these posts as proof POSITIVE the election was stolen!   :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »
Having owned and operated a couple of public servic companies, the last thing you EVER talk about with your customers is politics or ask who they are voting for. :mental:
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.