Author Topic: Dennis Kucinich needs our Help  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Dennis Kucinich needs our Help
« on: February 06, 2008, 05:12:35 PM »
 :yawn:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4443180

Phred42 (231 posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 05:53 PM
Original message
Dennis Kucinich needs our Help. 
 Advertisements [?]DK is up for reelection in March.

He has 5 challengers all with huge Corporate Money behind them attempting to unseat him

Dennis has earned our help.

SEND MONEY

reply@kucinichforcongress.com

Stop corporate interests from buying a seat in Congress

Corporate interests in Cleveland are spending huge amounts of money on television and elsewhere to make sure that Dennis Kucinich is not re-elected to the U.S. Congress.

If you want to make sure that they don't get away with buying an election and buying a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives,
please consider making a contribution today so Dennis can buy the advertising time he needs to continue being the voice of truth, courage, and integrity.

Thank you,
Kucinich for Congress

Click here to watch the video ... or read the transcript below:

Hi everyone, Dennis here.

One month from now is the Ohio primary and I'm running for re-election to the House of Representatives. I'm also being outspent 5 to 1. Corporate interests are converging on Cleveland in an effort to try to knock me out of Congress.

I need your help to make sure that there continues to remain in the United States Congress a voice of truth, a voice of courage, a voice of integrity.

I want to continue to serve in Congress to stand up for my constituents and their economic rights: the right to a job, to health care for all, to retirement security, for the education of their children.

I need your help in order to do that. These interests groups have enabled television ads to be run against me for 2 weeks running and I haven't had the resources to be able to go back on television and to respond to them. But with your contribution I'll be able to do that.

So please go to our website right now at kucinich.us and give us the resources that we need to beat back this corporate challenge.

I'm confident that with your help I'll be able to continue to be the voice in the United States Congress that you count on to be heard in times of crisis. We need to regain our country. We need to sweep aside the fear that has engulfed this country. We need to set back the greed that is undermining this country. I'm prepared to do that and I'm prepared to do that with your help.

Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save the date!

"We Love Dennis" fund raiser with Sean Penn
Sunday February 17th in Cleveland, Ohio.

Paid for by Kucinich for Congress

I brought this over for only two reasons as it's just a couple of sparks in the tinder

cobalt1999 (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 06:00 PM
Response to Original message
1. One thing that makes me skeptical...
 If "corporate money" was against Kucinich, wouldn't it all get behind ONE candidate. By creating an entire field of challengers, thus splitting the anti-Kucinich vote, doesn't that actually HELP Dennis?

I'd be more suspicious if only ONE challenger appeared with all the "corporate money".

Reality doesn't match the campaign "corporate conspiracy theory".

reason one............a primitive skeptical of the dwarf

onenote  (1000+ posts)      Wed Feb-06-08 06:02 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. reality isn't always a strong suit of some of DK's arguments
 I don't have any problem with DK getting re-elected. Its just that I wish that he (and his supporters) would run against his opponents, not against some made up conspiracy.

Reason two.............. :lmao:

I hope no explanation is needed  :rotf:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Dennis Kucinich needs our Help
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 05:33:57 PM »
Poor li'l Denny.  It is hard to disguise your mental illness when voters have five sane folks to compare you to. 

That buzz phrase "corporate money" just floors me.  Denny's fruitball constituents are suppose to automatically understand that any money from a corporation is dirty and evil.    I laugh and laugh.  DUmmies are such gullible little pull-toys.  I'm sure li'l Denny is "corporate money" free.  ::)

My prediction is li'l Denny is about to be put in the history books.  And congress will go on just the same without him being 1/435ths of it.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
Kook-snitch won't be getting much money from the DUmp.  They got no money to spare in the d*mned **** economy.   :-) :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
Kook-snitch won't be getting much money from the DUmp.  They got no money to spare in the d*mned **** economy.   :-) :whatever:

That won't stop the primitives from lying about their "maximum legal contributions," though.

Stupid primitives.

These things, especially "maximum legal contributions," can be checked out.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:02:49 PM »
To retuen him to his home planet.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
To return him to his home planet.
...worth ever penny.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »
Miskie's Top 10 Fund Raising stunts for Kooky.

10. Rent out ears as High-Definition Satellite receivers

09. Wife Poses for Playboy in pictorial series titled "Space Alien Love"

08. Peter Pan 2008. 'nuff said.

07. Threatens to Chimpeach everyone who doesn't donate to him after he washes their windows at a stoplight.

06. Runs for Chief Union Steward of the Lollipop Guild.

05. Poses as Trekkie at Star-Trek convention. Convinces others he has a working holodeck in his basement. Charges admission.

04.  Writes book on landing girls way out of your league. Hawks it via Infomercials between 2 and 2:15am on Animal Planet

03. Creates new Republican Conspiracy Theory. Tells moonbats he is just $10 away....

02. Offers to be "Hillary's Monica.. for a fee" Hillary Turns him down with the line, "Sorry, but I don't dig space chicks"

and ..

01. Does cartoon voiceover for the latest Cartoon Network animated film, "Fred Flintstone and the Return of The Great Gazoo"

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »
Miskie's Top 10 Fund Raising stunts for Kooky.

10. Rent out ears as High-Definition Satellite receivers

09. Wife Poses for Playboy in pictorial series titled "Space Alien Love"

08. Peter Pan 2008. 'nuff said.

07. Threatens to Chimpeach everyone who doesn't donate to him after he washes their windows at a stoplight.

06. Runs for Chief Union Steward of the Lollipop Guild.

05. Poses as Trekkie at Star-Trek convention. Convinces others he has a working holodeck in his basement. Charges admission.

04.  Writes book on landing girls way out of your league. Hawks it via Infomercials between 2 and 2:15am on Animal Planet

03. Creates new Republican Conspiracy Theory. Tells moonbats he is just $10 away....

02. Offers to be "Hillary's Monica.. for a fee" Hillary Turns him down with the line, "Sorry, but I don't dig space chicks"

and ..

01. Does cartoon voiceover for the latest Cartoon Network animated film, "Fred Flintstone and the Return of The Great Gazoo"

Bwahah!!!   here's a  :cheersmate: for that one, miskie