Author Topic: subway cat explains God to us  (Read 1878 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
subway cat explains God to us
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:28:14 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=214x186406

By the way, one suspects the subway cat's shaking in her boots.

At some point during the late presidential campaign, the wife of the Big Zero commented, "We're going to make everybody work."

One wonders if the subway cat saw that.

The whole bonfire, and not just the subway cat, is pretty entertaining.

heidler1  (1000+ posts)     Thu Nov-06-08 12:36 AM
Original message

If the Christian God is all powerful and all knowing, doesn't that mean

that this God is in total control of everything? If the forgoing is true then why don't this God's followers quit trying to help this God enforce this God's laws. When this God needs no help plus the followers don't know what their God wants any way.

Especially considering that one of this God's laws is "JUDGE NOT". "JUDGE NOT" is a just and rational law because religious humans are too damned prejudiced to judge other humans in matters of religion.

If this God had not wanted Obama to win the election, it figures then, that Obama would of lost. So this God's followers should rejoice in the fact that God won again, and always will. God has a heads I win tails you lose game all cooked.

I happen to be an Atheist.

Hot damn.  An "atheist" who finally spells "atheist" correctly.

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Thu Nov-06-08 01:00 AM
Response to Reply #2

6. psst..

God is only the externalized and unacknowledged desires of hypocrite bad people to dominate,rule,abuse other people and excuse themselves for the damage doing that does.

God told me to smite______.

Then when they are getting arrested for smiting___. the manipulating asshole fakes claim satan had control and Satan did it.

Pretty convenient way to **** people over and get away with it if you are an abusive shit head and people are faith addled enough to swallow it.and sadly a good amount of believers are..

napoleon_in_rags (793 posts)        Thu Nov-06-08 12:41 AM
Response to Original message

3. Well, there's a few things God can't do...

Like defeat chariots made of Iron. (Judges 1:19) Maybe Obama's campaign was sort of an Iron chariot campaign...

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Thu Nov-06-08 01:07 AM
Response to Reply #3

7. Iron?

Hmm If iron he cannot overcome..what if the rock that was too big for him to lift was a meteorite made of iron? LOL

There a rock god cannot lift.An iron meteorite.

Iron traditionally in pre-christian beliefs was used to contain or repel evil or troublesome spirits or demons.

Guess god fessed up there, he is just a demon. He fesses up to that in a few places in that book BTW.

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Thu Nov-06-08 12:51 AM
Response to Original message

4. Also in the bible it said Jesus refused to rule all the kingdoms of this world.He turned satan's offer down and jesus said his kingdom is NOT of this world so the Dominionists should quit trying to take over the world,for jesus.Because he said his kingdom is NOT HERE. And it isn't here.Until god puts it here and not a minute before and also jesus has no clue when that will happen either.So you apocalypse watchers find a new hobby.

And those trying to maybe stage one,through political manipulation, give it up.

Also, in the bible it says no one can comprehend the mind of god(he's a basket case I think ) and in the same book jesus says, not even jesus(I) know whom god will choose to be in heaven.

So fundies you are not as saved as you would like to think you are.

So better work on learning what love is.

And if you become the nicest person to everyone or the most obnoxious vicious hypocritical "warrior for jesus" or another pain in the ass evangelical shooting his mouth off on the street and have converted many people, or you stage a coup to make this country a theocracy and kill all the gays, you still might end up in hell.Why? Because not even jesus knows who his father(god) chooses to go to heaven.What pride makes you think you know god's 'will more than,well,god?

So...Leave the non christians ,and others alone..Shut up your pharisee styled showy faith displays and cease that very public vanity praise worship tv and go pray in a closet like jesus said you are supposed to do.

Oh and I am a Mal-theist.

Anybody have any idea what a malicious theist is?
apres moi, le deluge

Online GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: subway cat explains God to us
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 10:01:55 AM »
Soon enough, DUmmy undergroundpanther and most of her heathen, pagan DUmpster buddies will gain a true understanding of the power and majesty of God. Unfortunately, it will by that time be too late for them. We can only pray that the scales will fall from their eyes before then.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 10:17:56 AM »
For an atheist, she sure spends tons of time pondering something she thinks doesn't exist.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:19:10 AM »
For an atheist, she sure spends tons of time pondering something she thinks doesn't exist.

The subway cat's a malicious theist, a "Mal-theist," remember.

I have no idea what that is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »

The subway cat's a lot of things, most of which I have no idea about!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 11:11:50 AM »

Mal-theist (n):  A believer in a Supreme Being that wishes, and brings about, ill on others.  Examples:  Suicide bombers, Islamic terrorists, some sort of she-man-cat.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »
Given they're going to suffer the eternal consequences of being unbelievers, you'd think they'd want to a least enjoy the 80+/- years they have here on Earth.  That way at some point in eternity when things aren't as they wish them to be, they could at least look back and say "For a good part of 80+/- years at least I had some happiness."  But they've decided to spend this short time being miserable, too.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 11:56:42 AM »

It's strange that the subway cat calls herself a maltheist...one wonders if she realizes she is putting herself in the same category as Fred Phelps!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »
Anybody have any idea what a malicious theist is?
My guess would be someone who might believe there is a God, but absolutely hates Him and is openly rebelling against Him. Someone who has completely given themselves over to wickedness, not so much because it's fun and pleasurable, but precisely because it is wicked.

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 02:06:56 PM »
It's strange that the subway cat calls herself a maltheist...one wonders if she realizes she is putting herself in the same category as Fred Phelps!

Maybe she's really Phelps in drag.  :rotf:
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!