Author Topic: Russia Backs Syria’s fight against ISIS, not Assad’s regime – Lavrov  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Boudicca

http://www.rt.com/news/315040-russia-support-syria-lavrov/

Buehler?  Buehler? 
Oops, he's gone golfing with Oblama.  Meanwhile, Russia acts, in her own best interests of course, because SHE doesn't have a STUPID leader.  Yeah, Putin's a ruthless asshole. 

Moscow is set to continue supporting Syria in its fight against Islamic State and provide Damascus with military supplies, Russia’s foreign minister said, stressing that the drills of the Russian Navy near Syrian shores fully comply with international law.

“We support the fight of the Syrian government against so-called Islamic State, which neither represents Islam, nor happens to be a state,” Sergey Lavrov said Friday.

Russia will not hesitate to continue maintaining Syria’s defensive capacity to counter the terrorist threat, Lavrov said.

“I think we would welcome the Russian Federation and the Russian president ... getting actively involved in the fight against ISIS, given the dangers arising from Islamist terrorism,” Reuters cited German Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Schaefer as saying, speaking at a regular government news conference in Berlin on Friday
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline libertybele

http://www.rt.com/news/315040-russia-support-syria-lavrov/

Buehler?  Buehler? 
Oops, he's gone golfing with Oblama.  Meanwhile, Russia acts, in her own best interests of course, because SHE doesn't have a STUPID leader.  Yeah, Putin's a ruthless asshole. 

Moscow is set to continue supporting Syria in its fight against Islamic State and provide Damascus with military supplies, Russia’s foreign minister said, stressing that the drills of the Russian Navy near Syrian shores fully comply with international law.

“We support the fight of the Syrian government against so-called Islamic State, which neither represents Islam, nor happens to be a state,” Sergey Lavrov said Friday.

Russia will not hesitate to continue maintaining Syria’s defensive capacity to counter the terrorist threat, Lavrov said.

“I think we would welcome the Russian Federation and the Russian president ... getting actively involved in the fight against ISIS, given the dangers arising from Islamist terrorism,” Reuters cited German Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Schaefer as saying, speaking at a regular government news conference in Berlin on Friday

It's getting even more troubling...military building up in Syria is so significant that it is considered that they are on the offensive rather than playing defense.  Supplies are coming in through Iran twice a day.  I don't think this is any coincidence that this is happening right after Obama made a nuke deal with the devil in Iran.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/14/russia-shipping-tanks-into-syria-in-first-clear-sign-offensive-weapons/
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

What Russia is doing is the only policy that is actually rational in Syria, after the McCain/Graham/Oministration troika has screwed things up irretrievably.  There NEVER were any "Pro-Western democracy-loving freedom fighters" of sufficient strength to take on the Islamist militias if Assad was overthrown, our whole policy has been based on outdated, wildly-wrong, and totally ideologically-driven estimates of the situation.  Four years of meddling there has accomplished nothing but to destabilize the place, create hordes of refugees and seas of misery, and empower ISIS, all to our disadvantage.

We were far too committed to stupidity when the time came to change tacks.  Obama has squandered all our influence in the region purchased with American lives since 1990, and essentially invited Russia to take over...which Putin has accepted.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Boudicca

Yes, exactly, DAT, any void begs to be filled.  And re Russia, the enemy of my enemy is, if not my friend, at least NOT my enemy.  I don't believe for one second that global climate change is the biggest threat to humanity; Islamic terrorism is.  I find it absolutely wrenching that after growing up diving up my school desks during nuclear attack drills I should find myself turning to RUSSIA as my bulwark against Islamic terrorism.  It does not make me happy at all to admit that under the pusillanimous asshole Muslim Obama my security means nothing.
And shame to the hell anyone who voted for this mole of a terrorist enabler, not once, but twice.  Without security and a great offense, nothing else matters.  Given another 4 years of liberal oligarchy and we won't have a country.  The major problem is, there are a few RINOs that are no better than the current Dimmie field.

Offline libertybele

"Given another 4 years of liberal oligarchy and we won't have a country.  The major problem is, there are a few RINOs that are no better than the current Dimmie field."...

Agreed.  Provided that this country makes it to another election; if we don't seat a conservative in the oval office; it's pretty much over for us.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Boudicca

"Given another 4 years of liberal oligarchy and we won't have a country.  The major problem is, there are a few RINOs that are no better than the current Dimmie field."...

Agreed.  Provided that this country makes it to another election; if we don't seat a conservative in the oval office; it's pretty much over for us.

I like to think America can endure just about anything.  But enough is quite enough. :cheersmate:

Offline libertybele

North Korea is threatening us as well.  I suppose we won't be hearing an "oopsie" from Kerry or Barry will we?   :argh:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

North Korea is threatening us as well.  I suppose we won't be hearing an "oopsie" from Kerry or Barry will we?   :argh:

Correct.  The one thing where they will never give even the tiniest fraction of an inch is the admission of any failure whatsoever.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
We should have a couple of bombers "accidentally" drop a few "unidentified" munitions on Pyongyang.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline libertybele

We should have a couple of bombers "accidentally" drop a few "unidentified" munitions on Pyongyang.

...hmmm...except Iran is North Korea's strongest allies.