Author Topic: 272 uniformed NYPD cops file for retirement after George Floyd death  (Read 427 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
272 uniformed NYPD cops file for retirement after George Floyd death
https://nypost.com/2020/06/27/272-nypd-cops-file-for-retirement-since-floyd-protests/

Cops are hanging up their handcuffs in huge numbers.

The flurry of Finest farewells began after the police-involved killing of George Floyd on May 25, with 272 uniformed cops putting in retirement papers from then through June 24, the NYPD says.

That’s a 49 percent spike from the 183 officers who filed during the same period last year, according to the department.

An NYPD source suggested the recent departures could signal a coming crisis for the 36,000-member department, which also faces a $1 billion budget reduction amid the “defund the police”  furor.

“We are worried about a surge in attrition reducing our headcount beyond what we can sustain without new recruits, and are afraid the City Council has not taken the surge into account,” he said.

Many New York's Finest are retiring. Defunding the police and anti-police sentiments by the left are the problem.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: 272 uniformed NYPD cops file for retirement after George Floyd death
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 11:57:01 AM »
NYPD chief blames surge in shootings on ‘lawlessness’ created by recent reforms
https://nypost.com/2020/06/26/nypd-chief-blames-surge-in-shootings-on-recent-reforms/

Recent police reform has caused a state of “lawlessness” in New York City — resulting in the surge in gun violence, a top NYPD official said in a recent interview.

Chief of Crime Control Strategies Michael LiPetri blamed the troubling spike in shootings on parolees who are committing crimes with impunity.

“We tie it to street lawlessness right now,” LiPetri told Fox News. “The small amount of individuals that are out there causing mayhem, they feel empowered. We see an increase in dice games on the street. We’re seeing an increase in house parties then getting violent. So the individuals that are causing these quality-of-life conditions are the very people that are then part of the violence after the fact.”

The percentage of parolees involved in shooting incidents or murders is at a 15-year high, according to LiPetri, whose unit has been tracking the parolee population in relation to violent crimes since 2005.

He attributed that statistic to recent bail reform, the release of inmates due to the coronavirus and the fact that courts have been closed during the pandemic, allowing gun possession defendants roam free.

New York is a unmitigated disaster.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 11:57:30 AM »
I'm surprised this didn't happen after Ferguson when so many Democrats turned their backs on cops.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 12:12:45 PM »
Recent police reform has caused a state of “lawlessness” in New York City — resulting in the surge in gun violence

How can there be gun violence when guns are outlawed there? I thought getting rid of the guns made it safer? :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!