Author Topic: Sriracha  (Read 2052 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Sriracha
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »
Crack in a bottle.  Discuss.  They also make a chili-garlic which goes particularly well when mixed with rice and served with fish.  Their website also claims it makes a nice wing sauce.  Gonna have to try that soon.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

Re: Sriracha
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »
Used all over the place down here for hot wings.... :drool:

I have never bought it because we go up the hill and get them at the neighborhood bar....they're cheap and easier than making them.

Most stores carry cooked wings in the freezer section....just get some plain cooked ones, melt some butter and mix with the Sriracha, pour it over the wings and bake them for probably about 30 minutes at 350. You are just wanting the sauce to absorb into the wings.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 06:27:33 PM »
Can't hardly eat eggrolls without it.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:29:31 PM »
Call it Rooster Sauce, and it is the BOMB on eggs and grits.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
Call it Rooster Sauce, and it is the BOMB on eggs and grits.

Oh yeah....it's good on grits with lots of butter and some cheese.... :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 09:11:35 PM »
I have a recipe.  It is all in bits, and has never been written down, but was handed to me by memory, that I have kept.

Chili Shrimp

2 lbs shrimp.  Big ones.

In a saucepan, melt a stick of butter.  Throw in there some garlic, a small jar Sambal Oelek (chili paste) Lots of squirts of Rooster sauce, a chopped jalapeno, and a cup or more chopped fresh basil.  When it is all melted, toss the shrimp with it, and put in a baking dish.  Cook for about 15 min on 350 or so, toss, and cook for about 5 more till done.

Serve in bowls with crusty bread for dipping in the sauce, and lots of napkins. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
Can't hardly eat eggrolls without it.

I have a bottle of it at work.  Once a week they have bagel breakfast sandwiches (with egg, cheese, and choice of breakfast meat) which I share with one of my co-workers.  I know that stuff goes faster than what I'm using it...

Goes on pretty much everything. 
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford