Author Topic: Feminazi forum continues the Night of the Long Knives and Plaid Shirts  (Read 3072 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I forget which CC'er posted this article from the Onion:

Man Finally Put In Charge Of Struggling Feminist Movement

But DU has seen fit to have art imitate insanity:

trumad (30,263 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

For the life of me I don't understand how two men can be Hosts of the Feminist group?

Not sure if there are only two men in the group because a couple of others don't list their gender.

What gives guys?

Yeah I know---why can't men comment about feminism and share opinions? I'm fine with that.

------But from a guys point of view---errr me.... why the hell would a dude want to host a group that is 99.9 percent about a movement created for women?

If I was a woman and I posted a comment in the feminist group, and it was hidden or locked by a man in that group... I'd have a problem with that.

BTW: Note in the Men's Group there is only one host and the name begins with Lumberjack.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/124053326

Boy, the things you learn, like...

...trumad self-identifies as a male.

Anyway, it's a huge thread. Worth a wander over in-between peeks at the Babe of the Day thread in our Short Bus forum.

sufrommich (11,312 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

1. It's meant to mock feminists as far as I'm concerned.

I don't go there anymore, the main host has made the forum her personal fiefdom.

hlthe2b (39,171 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

7. It apparenlty was meant to send a signal....

Apparently, the ultimate middle finger signal to those who had criticized certain actions underway there. I think most of DU is aghast at what has been allowed to go on. But, still it continues, unfettered.

MaineDem (17,570 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

3. Granted, some men are VERY supportive of feminist issues but...

I don't think having men as hosts of that forum is appropriate. Just my two cents.

But I stay away from that forum so my opinion doesn't have much weight.

Only blacks can represent blacks, latinos to latinos, gays to gays, etc, etc, etc

Ecept white male Christians, of course.

Only through the strict segregation can we truly united...

...or something.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: Feminazi forum continues the Night of the Long Knives and Plaid Shirts
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:14:27 PM »
sufrommich (11,312 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

1. It's meant to mock feminists as far as I'm concerned.

I don't go there anymore, the main host has made the forum her personal fiefdom.

NadaBrain] is hosting a forum? Who knew? Or is their another "holier than thou" female over there?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 04:24:13 PM »
I don't consider myself a feminist at all, but I'd be plenty ticked if a forum meant for women had to be run by a man. This also has to do with transgendered and somehow a feminist insulted someone who's transgendered and gay rights people came out of the woodwork.

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »
I wonder which side the feminists would align themselves with...

Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, is making headlines after a Christian fraternity, Beta Upsilon Chi, asked an openly gay member to resign. Upon leaving the group, the young man filed a discrimination complaint and now college administrators are trying to figure out whether the campus organization violated the school’s nondiscrimination policy.

Of course, this incident has grown into a much larger controversy in which university administrators are reviewing all student-led organizations. As a result, officials are concerned about specific clauses that five Christian campus groups have in their constitutions.

These clauses require members of the groups to share their religious beliefs, something that didn‘t concern campus administrators until the student’s complaint was made. Now, the school wants the constitutions amended and the controversial clauses dropped.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/is-vanderbilt-university-denying-religious-freedom-to-christian-groups-on-campus/
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:33:39 PM »
All those people saying it's "ok" they need to ask themselves, would they allow 2 non-blacks to host the black group? 2 non-hispanics to host the hispanic group? 2 Christians to host the atheist or muslim group? On the other hand chaos ensues when people segregate themselves.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
All those people saying it's "ok" they need to ask themselves, would they allow 2 non-blacks to host the black group? 2 non-hispanics to host the hispanic group? 2 Christians to host the atheist or muslim group? On the other hand chaos ensues when people segregate themselves.
Until the libs recognize the right for people to have exclsuive groups like xtian fraternities, white students unions and--say--the Boy Scouts of America, I think they should be perpetually tormented by their selective moralism as brutally as possible.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 04:52:10 PM »
Until the libs recognize the right for people to have exclsuive groups like xtian fraternities, white students unions and--say--the Boy Scouts of America, I think they should be perpetually tormented by their selective moralism as brutally as possible.

Freedom of Association also means there is an implied freedom not to associate.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 04:59:01 PM »
Star Member iverglas
136. I'm sorry, but what universe are you writing about?

During the test phase of DU3, many hosts were appointed very quickly by the Admins. These hosts are given "super powers" that include appointing all other hosts, in a step by step hierarchy in which the host above can "sack" all the hosts below them in the pecking order. There is nothing feminist about this model. In some groups, many posters got together and agreed to elect new hosts. In this particular group that didn't happen.

I guess that shows exactly how much attention you paid to the Feminists forum before it caught your attention recently, for whatever reason.

The Feminists group had NO host(s) when DU3 came on line. There was a very, very, very long process in January during which both the SoP and the choice of lead and other hosts were hammered out by discussion among posters in the group. I suggest you go and take another look.

If non-factual material like you have just posted is allowed to stand, and even believed by some, it certainly does help the pretense that the five original hosts were (and are) not the legitimate hosts of the forum, eh?

The main reason for the dysfunction was that several zombie trolls were running around spewing extremely hateful transphobic and homophobic rhetoric.

Your characterization of the incident continues to be as false as it ever was, and your claim that it was any reason, let alone the main reason, for the "dysfunction" is equally false.

What happened is that after redqueen resigned as host, the group was attacked by disruptors, who posted things like the now-famous (to those who bother knowing what they're talking about) claim that feminists focus too much on gender ... and Neoma's agreement with that claim, and my questioning her on that. Neoma terminated the process of the hosts trying to deal with the disruptive posts and posters first by removing me as host and blocking me from posting in the forum, and then by removing all the other co-hosts and taking unilateral control.

The tail end of the precipitating conversation, which everyone in the know has now seen, went like this:

Neoma: People do concentrate on gender too much sometimes. Hating men because they're men and so on.

iverglas: Neoma, I'm sorry again, but you are apparently not getting something.

"Hating men because they're men and so on."

Why do you think you can say things like that? Who at DU, let alone in the Feminists forum, has done that?

"People do concentrate on gender too much sometimes."

It is the FEMINISTS forum. It is about WOMEN. What the hell else is the group supposed to concentrate on?????

Neoma, either YOU agree with the SoP, and with making the Feminists group SAFE for discussions that fit within the SoP, or you should consider resigning as co-host.

Defending assholes like (poster) when they attack the group is not the job of a host.

Neoma: Feminism is for equality for BOTH sexes. And it's horrible that you've been spreading it around like it's not. I'm sorry, this has gone too far.

Yes, folks, that's the level of discourse we saw.

Oddly different from some of the posts with the same username we have since seen in the Feminists forum ...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »
Freedom of Association also means there is an implied freedom not to associate.

Precisely.

Libs are quite content to impose themselves on religious institutions, groups, etc. but protect their own enclaves like the rabid vermin they are.

I say THEY deserve a little affirmative action.

They've earned it.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 05:51:11 PM »
Much ado about nothing. The host in question is a democrat man, i.e., a *****. Perfectly appropriate.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
Imagine how much simpler their lives would be without all their silly little rules. It would be interesting to see a poll on who they think is the most "special" special group. I mean, I know it wouldn't be the men but women, gays, lesbians, transgender, deaf, a particular mental disorder, etc. Maybe there's a group of transgendered, deaf lesbians with schizoaffectived disorder.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »
It not a movement that is about women. It is a movement for big government totalitarianism under the guise of being about women.

All sub groups of the democrat/fascist/Progressive triad are first and foremost about furthering their one true religion, the omnipotent state.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 09:03:23 PM »
Yes, only the agenda is important. Not the people supporting it.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 05:20:00 AM »

That's a perfect example!

So is this:

These clauses require members of the groups to share their religious beliefs, something that didn‘t concern campus administrators until the student’s complaint was made. Now, the school wants the constitutions amended and the controversial clauses dropped.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 09:05:34 PM »
It isn't like the group is for self-starting, motivated, fun loving conservative women. It is for morbid, dour, sad, depressed DUmmie women.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 09:12:09 PM »
Much ado about nothing. The host in question is a democrat man, i.e., a *****. Perfectly appropriate.
Very good point, how do we know it isn't a transgendered narwhal trapped in a human male's body?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »
Seems to me, there was a call for hosts, and none stepped forward.
 A couple of self described "guys" said they would do it until a couple of "rough wymen" would take over.
Strange.
Now they whine about it and clutch at their pearls.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »
Why didn't Skimmer recruit Underground Panther?

A gay male felid trapped in the body of a female manatee would be the perfect host for the flannel shirt forum!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »
Why didn't Skimmer recruit Underground Panther?

A gay male felid trapped in the body of a female manatee would be the perfect host for the flannel shirt forum!
This seems right up my alley. We're on to something here.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 10:59:36 PM »
This seems right up my alley. We're on to something here.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but if UP is right up your alley, what exactly is your alley?

:lmao:
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »
I'm almost afraid to ask, but if UP is right up your alley, what exactly is your alley?

Soap
Shower

:naughty:

BD needs to "modify" his ummm statement. :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 11:10:55 PM »

On my sig line, Male Lesbian.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:15 PM »

Male Lesbian is a noble calling, but you don't want any part of the Subway Cat. Take my word for it.

Ugly and crazy.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 11:20:37 PM »
Seems to me, there was a call for hosts, and none stepped forward.
 A couple of self described "guys" said they would do it until a couple of "rough wymen" would take over.
Strange.
Now they whine about it and clutch at their pearls.

Here's a question for our DUmpster friends: Just what the hell is the difference from a "metrosexual" and a female?

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »

Just wondering.
Is there a treatment for that?
I hope not.

Here's a question for our DUmpster friends: Just what the hell is the difference from a "metrosexual" and a female?
One word.
None.