Author Topic: Newly minted DU heroine: Shanna Moakler  (Read 679 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Newly minted DU heroine: Shanna Moakler
« on: May 13, 2009, 03:48:17 PM »
California state pageant director resigns

Edited on Wed May-13-09 08:05 PM by Liberal_in_LA
Just one day after learning that Carrie Prejean will keep her Miss California crown, state pageant director Shanna Moakler resigned.

According to a report in Us magazine, the co-pageant director and former Miss USA said it was “in her best interest to resign.”

"I cannot with a clear conscious move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth," she said. "I want to be a role model for young with high hopes of pageantry, but now feel it more important to be a role model for my children. I am sorry and hope I have not let any young supporters down but wish them the best of luck in fulfilling their dreams."

Prejean was named first runner-up at the April 19 pageant, during which she cause a firestorm by responding to a judge's question by saying she favored limiting marriage to a man and a woman.

Hypocrisy headache #9

In case some of you don't know who Shanna Moakler is, she's a blonde reality-show whore ex-Miss USA who has posed for Playboy.

In other words, SHANNA MOAKLER IS EVERYTHING THEY CRITICIZE IN CARRIE PREJEAN.  Does that strike them as particularly hypocritical, to laud someone with a career that they accuse Prejean of wanting? Well, no:

ShortnFiery  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)       Wed May-13-09 08:05 PM
Response to Original message
3. Kudos for Shanna Moakler !

A woman of morals and conviction.

Who would want to deal with "The Donald" anyway? ;)

Shanna Moakler

Blue_Tires  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)     Wed May-13-09 08:17 PM
Response to Original message
10. Moakler looks better than she does, anyway

:P

There you have it: skanky blonde pageant winners who pose nude are just fine and dandy so long as they support gay marriage.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Newly minted DU heroine: Shanna Moakler
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »
Yeah, I think DU has an irony shield. And a common sense one while we're at it.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:47:52 PM »
Prejean was named first runner-up at the April 19 pageant, during which she cause a firestorm by responding to a judge's question by saying she favored limiting marriage to a man and a woman.
I wonder how many heads would explode if the winner of the pageant (I have no idea who she is) had to resign and Miss Prejean took the mantle for herself. Now THAT would be justice!

Please. Please. Please.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »
Ummm, Ms Moakler?

1. You ain't "all that"
2. How did things with Travis work out............................oh.........I see.
3. No one cares.

:loser:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »
I thought she was too busy spreading her legs and having babies out of wedlock to have time for anything else.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 06:42:01 PM »
Quote from: Playboy
Playboy's Playmate of the Month December 2001 - Shanna Moakler

BIRTHPLACE: Providence, Rhode Island, USA BUST: 34" C WAIST: 24" HIPS: 34" HEIGHT: 5' 8" WEIGHT: 117 lbs MEASUREMENTS: 34C-24-34 AMBITIONS: To live a long, healthy, happy life and to look back and have no regrets. TURN-ONS: Love, truth, beauty, freedom, confidence, nice hands and a great cologne. TURNOFFS: People who lie, cheat and are dishonest, unhappy endings. MY FAVORITE ERA: The glamour and class of the Forties. FIVE CDs I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Any Sade, David Gray, Aaliyah, Alejandro Fernández and all of the Rat Pack! MOST ROMANTIC EVENING: To be in St. Barts with the man I love, enjoying the sun and sand, making love and ordering room service! MY FAVORITE WRITERS: Anne Rice, H.P. Lovecraft

Rump ? .... Yes indeed.

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »
So in other words, of Prejean had lied, or was dishonest in her answer, it would have been ok, even though it is one of your "turn offs" as long as she towed the gay agenda lines?  I see pages in Hustler in her future next.
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 09:31:22 PM »
So in other words, of Prejean had lied, or was dishonest in her answer, it would have been ok, even though it is one of your "turn offs" as long as she towed the gay agenda lines?  I see pages in Hustler in her future next.
Also it was a happy ending for Carrie Prejean.  I think Shanna Moakler doesn't know what "turn ons" and "turn offs" mean.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey